Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2555270 04/08/15 12:46 PM
D
dolphe Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Both me and my wife have very demanding jobs. Three years ago we moved her mother with Alzhiemers in and it has put a lot of pressure on our relationship. I decided years ago that I would make sure that I came home at 5pm in order to dedicate time to my wife and kids. I also try not to bring work home. I also do most of the cooking, cleaning, yard work, and shuttle the kids to many appointments (not all). Most of the time she works about 3-4 hours when she gets home. This is a major issue right now because we may spend about an hour a week being intimate. Not sex, just spending time together. I usually initiate contact because she seems to be checked out. She can be a bit of a drama queen and when she is I tend to block what she is saying. I just simply want to have an open honest conversation without the drama and hurt feelings if I do not agree with you.

My 180 was to simply stop initiating physical contact with my wife. She complains that I touch her too much and that I kiss her too much. I have stopped completely. I used to offer massages but she complained, so I stopped.

Your thoughts?

H-47
W-49
C-15 and 11
M 20 yrs

dolphe #2555280 04/08/15 01:29 PM
C
C
Originally Posted By: dolphe

My 180 was to simply stop initiating physical contact with my wife. She complains that I touch her too much and that I kiss her too much. I have stopped completely. I used to offer massages but she complained, so I stopped.

Your thoughts?

H-47
W-49
C-15 and 11
M 20 yrs

Welcome back to DB

Men are sexual pursurers and emotional distancers.
This can flip around as we age.

So yes I think it is a good idea to STOP your sexual pursuit.
Hopefully you will get her to pursue you.

Have you ever read the pursuit and distance thread

Pursuit and Distance
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2483574#Post2483574

You might find that it helps you

Me-70, D37,S36
Cadet #2555299 04/08/15 02:08 PM
D
dolphe Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Great read. Thank you.

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard