Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
TP459 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Updates:
Thurs, 4/9 Day after shoulder surgery. He texted early "what time can you & kids come". We spent the whole day with him at his parents (where he's living & recovering). Spent a lot of time sitting in the couch together even shared some moments where he definitely seemed like he wanted to kiss me...looking in my eyes, the at my mouth & back & forth...we've been together 16yrs I definitely can tell when he wants me.

Fri, 4/10 I left him alone, we exchanged a few texts that day by that night he called & said he missed the kids (which is a 1st for him to only go 1 day & say he missed them). Asked if I could get him the next day to spend the day with us.

Sat, 4/11 Picked him up around 11am, ran some errands, went to lunch with the kids & then back to our home where we sat on the couch again toheather watching movies. I asked him to stay & he could sleep in our recliner, he said he didn't think it was as comfortable as his parents to sleep in all night with his shoulder. I also offered for him to have the bed, but he said he wasn't ready to sleep in a bed yet. Now I have offered for him to stay at our house a few times in the past several wks & before his answer was always "no, I'm not ready" so it was actually nice to not hear him say that again. We'll see. We took him home & he gave me a hug & said bye Honey. He still calls me honey & babe but when we 1st separated he was strictly calling me by my 1st name.

We shall see what happens today. I asked him if he wanted to do anything & he said lets see how he feels. I'm trying to appreciate the positive baby steps he seems to be making back to us but it's hard cause I don't know if they really are signs of him coming around & from what I'm reading if it is MLC he could bounce right back to strictly business & being cold.

One of his complaints was I was not affectionate enough in recent months of our marriage so I'm trying to give him little signs of affection but not too much cause I don't want to push him away either. I really just want to love him & give him tons of affection.

M40 H38
M13 T15
D10, D8 & S5 (Special Needs)
H refuses MC & wants Mediate D
BD 3/2/15 & H left, EA 3/15/15, probly PA
A Grateful Heart is a Magnet for Miracles!
I have decided I will save our Marriage!
T
TP459 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
H spent last 2 days with us & it was actually very nice but he still went to his parents at the end of the day.

Today I'm not doing well! H snapped at me this morning cause I needed to talk to him & I needed an answer to something within the hour & he was grocery shopping with his Mom. He said "I need to respect what he is doing" & he hasn't grocery shopped with his Mom since he was a kid! Ugh! I didn't realize getting groceries was such an important, memory making moment!

I'm so tired of him referring to when he was a kid! He's in his childhood bedroom just like when he was a kid, he's grocery shopping with his Mom like when he was a kid, he's walking the streets of his old town like when he was a kid, so many mentions "like when I was a kid"! I feel like screaming "grow up" or look in the mirror...you're not a kid! You're a 38yr old man with responsibilities, 3 kids, a house & yes a wife! I almost want to tell him don't forget to pack your sippy cup! This is soooooo frustrating!!!

He wants me to respect his time while he's grocery shopping...what about me I've got a home, 3 young kids, a cat & dog & everything (list is way too long) that goes along with taking care of all of them by myself!

Having a hard time coping today & dealing with his reverting back to being a child!

M40 H38
M13 T15
D10, D8 & S5 (Special Needs)
H refuses MC & wants Mediate D
BD 3/2/15 & H left, EA 3/15/15, probly PA
A Grateful Heart is a Magnet for Miracles!
I have decided I will save our Marriage!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard