Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm going to see... The salary is given within a range -- and based on the years of service they should credit me for (my previous years with the district), I should fall somewhere in the middle of the range. I just need to see if I can get any credit for my PT work over the past 5 years -- might be tricky, but will ask. The district has such strict guidelines that they use for setting salaries.

The problem is that the top of the range given for this position is lower than I need right now -- but again, it gets me in and I can then apply for higher-paying positions as they come open... And I'd be "in" which makes it easier to network to get those better jobs... and if they are higher-paying then they are considered promotions so can't usually be denied by current supervisors.

Regardless of the pay -- I have a very good feeling about this and think the ball is beginning to roll faster now...

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
Together: 9.5 years before BD
BD: Week of 10/27/14
ExW started EA w OW 9/2014
ExW married OW 12/2015
W
W
Jer,

I know of an educator who negotiated a $2,000 bump in his salary by stating that he has special AV media skill set as that school didn't have anyone with that background. So he had a "regular" salary and received $2,000 in additional bump in salary for AV knowledge base.

You can try to bump your salary by offering to be the school's debate coach or whatever other skills you can offer to the school/program. Be creative!

J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Wonka -- won't be working on a campus -- will be in district offices (non-exempt position so not eligible for overtime or stipends)... But when I did work on a campus I definitely found ways to earn stipends!

No major earth-shattering updates today... had a really good weekend together as a family. Started off a little dicey w/W in bad mood on Friday night... She broke down in tears with me Saturday morning re: the financial sitch and issues between her and her brother (as a result of the communication between him and me) -- but after she broke down and opened up everything was better between us. Not that anything was resolved -- but it's a bit like the breakdown on Saturday morning allowed her to release some of the anger she was feeling. The best part about it was that I was able to let her talk, cry, and vent -- knowing that some of the anger was directed at me (even though, strangely, she didn't direct it at me -- which is new) -- without reacting negatively (like I would have in the past)... Instead I told her that I believe/know that eventually everything will be okay -- that regardless of what we are seeing, hearing, experiencing, and feeling right now -- eventually everything is going to be okay for all of us.

And I do truly believe that... even with OW still in the picture -- I have so much faith right now that God really is in control of this sitch and there is no need any longer to get anxious or to worry about what the final outcome will be. I've seen too much happening already in this sitch to believe otherwise -- there are some good things happening here that I couldn't have expected just a few months ago.

Enough update for now... Have to work on an interview task for the job. Hoping to hear back today so I can get the interview scheduled. :-)

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Just a note about the interaction we had on Saturday morning... In so many ways -- on both sides -- this interaction was a completely 180 from anything in our past... In the past I would usually be the one in tears, worrying about some situation, and she would be the stronger one -- reassuring me that things will work out and that we'd figure out some solution... This time she was the one in tears crying about a couple of different situations and I was the stronger, reassuring one... I don't recall ever being the stronger one in our entire relationship, but right now I really do feel like the stronger one in so many ways.

Another way this was different -- I knew that with both of the issues she does have some anger towards me about both... But she NEVER spewed directly at me about either one -- just cried about how worried she is that there won't be an easy solution to either situation. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing -- but it was different from any situation in the past (especially recent past) when she has been angry with me about stuff.

I'm also noticing language from her that reveals some of the confusion in her head... Like at one point referring to "this family" as if she is still thinking about us as an intact family unit with both she and I working together as spouse/partners to solve problems... But then the next day (during a light-hearted moment while we were making breakfast for the kids) making a comment like "you realize I'm dating someone who blah, blah, blah." I left out the rest of the comment because it's irrelevant -- most important point is the part about "dating" someone... And yes that comment stung a bit when she made it, but I didn't let it show to her that it bothered me -- I just appeared to act "as if" and inside just turned to God asking for peace and calm with faith that everything is going to work out according to His plan regardless of what she or I might be planning -- and that whatever happens, I will be okay because I will.

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And just got another lead on another position in the district... this one isn't quite as exciting (doing internal audits of instructional programs) but pays MUCH better... Following up -- fingers crossed I get an interview!

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
B
B
Routing for you!!

Hope you land either gig.

One job can always lead to another. Good luck

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

job Offline
Jer,
Apply for anything and everything that interests you. It doesn't hurt to have your resume out there because the more it's circulated, the better your chances are of getting something you want w/more pay.

Good luck!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks BklynMom and Job!

Phone screening went great! I hope to hear back to get an in person interview -- they are definitely looking for someone with my background for the position even though it's in a department where I'd be surrounded by accountants rather than other educators. And the pay for this position is AWESOME... and the skills and knowledge I would gain in this position will be very helpful for any and all other leadership positions that might come my way in the future.

Fingers crossed and prayers ongoing!

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
J
Jer2911 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Alrighty... interview scheduled for tomorrow morning for the higher paying position (the one I had the phone screening for this morning)... Very positive to get the call back for the interview so quickly :-)

Now if only the MLC situation was going so smoothly... ha!

Me 48, Her 50
(Same-Sex Couple)
3 Children
ExW married OW 12/2015
job Offline
Good luck tomorrow. Although, I don't think you'll need it if they called you back and want you to come in tomorrow.

The MLC situation will be what it is until she settles down and starts to focus on herself, her issues and realizes that she wasn't at fault for whatever stunted her emotionally as a young girl. All you can do is pray, stay as positive as you can and keep the focus on you and your children.

Can't wait to hear how the interview went.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard