Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
OP Offline
Me likey! Congrats to you and Carol!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Thanks for the congrats everyone. With the exception of my son not being to make it out (his flights were cancelled) everything on Saturday went off perfectly. The weather was fantastic, my three beautiful daughters were there to witness it and capture some pictures and video, my now fiancé was completely surprised - loved the book I had put together and the ring - and of course the best part is she happily said yes to the proposal.

She broke the news to her kids on Sunday evening and that went very well. They are very happy for both of us and they also loved the book and ring. After sharing the news with them, she then took a picture of each page of the book and posted them on her FB wall. So all in all it was a wonderful weekend!

Onward and upward!

BA

S
S
Like!BARB

S
S
My name should have been on the 2nd line

Barb

W
W
I like Barb too!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
LIKE!

Thanks WII

Barb

B
B
Had a great dinner with my fiancé and her kids yesterday over at their place. After dinner watched a movie and then talked a little bit about the possibility of us moving in together this summer - okay so it was more of me talking then them. I kept it short and basically let them know that I understood that if they did decide to move in that they had the heavier lift in all of this because they were leaving their home here and moving in with me. I told them that if they decided to make the decision to move in that my home would become their home. I let them know that my two girls were completely in favor of them moving in. I mentioned that this actually took me by surprise because I expected my daughters to be more hesitate about this proposal, but that they told me they really like my fiancé and her two kids. I ended the conversation saying that if they decided to not move in that I would not take it personal at all and understood that it was a big decision on their part. They communicated to me that they appreciated the conversation and my making them feel more at ease about everything. So now I will just wait for them to process everything and come to a decision. Either way is really fine with me. It was a really nice evening.

BA

OP Offline
BA,

What an incredibly adult way to approach things. And I'll just bet you impressed the hell out of her kids by being authentic and flexible. What a great guy you are!

You both have great kids. And I'm afraid we're just going to have to continue calling you Mike and Carol, because it fits! Nice parents, nice kids. All you need now is Alice. grin

Thanks for the good, positive reads lately. It's uplifting. This movie has been well worth the price of the ticket!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
S
LOVE!

Barb

(Not to be confused with "Love Barb"!

🌞

B
B
Aw thanks Bets for the kind words. I have to admit though that my flexibility benefits me as well. If we (fiancé and I) forced the issue of having them move in, I could very well be faced with the prospect of living, at least part time, with two disgruntled teenagers and that seems to be a recipe for disaster! I'm a big fan of my current drama free world. grin

It's my hope that they willingly decide to make the move. Stay tuned...

BA

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard