Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
R
R
Maybell - I feel for you - we had an lice infestation a couple of years ago that did not become apparent until pretty late in the game. Both girls and I had it and I didn't completely eradicate it from D7 for four months. Still have a drawer full of various lice combs. Apparently 70 % of lice has become drug resistant so it's basically endemic now. Shudder.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you all sleep with clean, clear heads tonight smile

Last edited by raliced; 03/25/15 03:01 AM.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
L
L
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Bug,

That grocery cart thing was just an example I used in a post to MB on her previous thread yesterday. It would probably make more sense to catch up there first. And yes, I did have that movie image in my head when I wrote it.

MB, I was having difficulty with my mouse thing on my laptop last night so I had to settle for posting on your old thread.

Hope you're having a better day today.

Hugs-
Betsey

I think it's a great analogy for life. (I may not be reading it as you intended it but it works for me)

I can decide what I carry away from the situation.

If someone rams me purposefully, and I've tested my assumption about that, I can say "I'm angry, you damaged my car. How will you make this right?" Their ability, or inability, to be responsible can inform what kind of boundaries are necessary with that person in the future.

For the accidental bumping we should also respect ourselves and our feelings. "I understand this was an accident. I'm angry, you damaged my car. How will you make this right?"

Change car damage to any kind of damage (lie, cheat, etc), the result can be the same.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
L
L
My niece recently went through the lice drill with her 3.

She had a lice eradication expert (eh, It's Phoenix) and her weapon of choice was olive oil. Asphyxiate the little buggers. smile

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
S
S
Having worked in an elementary school I've seen my share of lice. Everyone I know has used a company. No one wants to deal with it themselves. You have a lot of grit, MB.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
D12 got lice in kindergarten on the west coast. I immediately called a service -- my boys were 3 and 1 and NO WAY was I hanging out at a "salon" to have it done. Because it was California it was all natural too, and I asked a TON of questions so I know what to do. But working full time now complicates things.

Grit has nothing to do with tackling this by myself. The area where I live doesn't support a lice eradication service so there isn't one. I'm on my own. wink Grit by necessity, if you like.

I did use a proprietary blend of coconut and olive oils with rosemary and tea tree oils for the antibiotic qualities. CROSSING MY FINGERS it's enough.

Towanda!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
R
R
Maybell's thread is in danger of becoming the lice thread wink

When I was driving home yesterday there was a commercial on the radio for lice removal franchising opportunities. Apparently, it's quite the growth area. Maybe I should look into it......

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
L
L
You're right, raliced, it would be a great opportunity. Many people don't have the time and space in their lives, let alone stomach, to do it.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Caroline Myss
C
C
In our area the method is to cover the head in really thick conditioner (t
Like Pantene), and then comb, comb, comb, comb with one of those special metal combs until every.single.bugger is out.

Comb, wipe on a white paper towel, repeat for an hour.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

O
O
Originally Posted By: claire7
In our area the method is to cover the head in really thick conditioner (Like Pantene), and then comb, comb, comb, comb with one of those special metal combs until every.single.bugger is out.

Comb, wipe on a white paper towel, repeat for an hour.

That's what we did too. WW & both kids had 'em but I didn't. I guess I'm toxic.

Last edited by Old Dog; 03/25/15 05:29 PM.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
M
Maybell Offline OP
OP Offline
M
This lice thing is very absorbing but really I was just belly-aching about the housework this problem has generated...

So I had a good meeting with my lawyer today and he told me to go ahead and move forward with my housing plans. So now I've got to prioritize the order in which I start dealing with all this stuff.

I think this is like all my other issues. It will all become clear what order things need to happen as I take each given step. But I admit I feel a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

I observe about myself that I tend to wait for direction before I take steps, and that was a big part of the security of being married to stbx. I'm very competent at doing but unless I have prior experience I'm hesitant to take the first step. Now I'm in a situation where I have to set the directions, not just execute, and it's pushing my comfort zone.

Interesting.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard