Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
M
M
Do NOT watch Game of Thrones with minor children!!!!!!!!

Sorry you're struggling, OD. What will you do for self care for the next ten days?

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
W
W
Originally Posted By: Maybell
Do NOT watch Game of Thrones with minor children!!!!!!!!

Ooops...I don't watch it personally, but it seems all the rage with teens and adults nowadays.

Maybe The Stooges or the Goonies would be a better option...or the Spy Kids movie.

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Ha no :-) WW got it for S15's birthday recently but as I've seen it I informed her about all the graphic incest scenes and so it's been held back.

Never could stand the stooges. I've got Spinal Tap lined up though.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
W
W
Originally Posted By: Old Dog
Ha no :-) WW got it for S15's birthday recently but as I've seen it I informed her about all the graphic incest scenes and so it's been held back.

Ugh! sick No way....glad that Maybell spoke up here.

Are you sure that you're a man??! You are a rare man that doesn't like the Stooges.

Last edited by Wonka; 03/27/15 11:59 PM.
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
:-) I don't like Charlie Chaplin or Abbot & Costello either.

I do like Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Keystone Cops and many others though.

EA Aug 2014 I think
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: Maybell
What will you do for self care for the next ten days?

Er ... I don't know. I hadn't thought about it.

I will be going dark. Minimal interaction except to do with kids.
I will also remove myself from her presence as much as possible.
I won't listen to any lectures she might want to give.
If the lad is able (30 min car journey), I will visit my mum and brother at times.
I will try and get in touch with the one person I know in this town.
Read books that aren't to do with any of this crap. I am half way through a fly on the wall book detailing a season at the football (soccer) club I support. It's not your usual fawning puff piece, it's warts and all.

I want to keep busy, but I'm not sure whether to do any house chores. I'll have to share making food and the washing up I guess but things like tidying up, washing, ironing & cutting the grass I don't feel inclined to do.

One thing I probably do need to do is replace some ceiling lights in the kitchen. It's a really high ceiling, about 4-5 metres, you need a ladder. She won't do it and I don't want her to call OM for help. There's no one else I know of that she'd call.

EA Aug 2014 I think
M
M
So when I was pregnant with my first child, I made a decision that every day was going to have to include a hot shower and a good cup of coffee to meet my minimum standard for a good day. Later I included exercise on that list. No matter what happened, if I got the things on my list, then I could look back and call that day a success. If the baby screamed through the shower and it only lasted three minutes, I still made sure I felt fresh for the day. Minimum standards.

I met that standard every single day that each of my kids was under three. I missed two days in all those years -- because those two days were so awful that I was motivated to make meeting my minimum standards a priority.

I have gotten away from that minimum standard idea but I think it's necessary to have those priorities in place when you're going through a tough time. In fact, now that I'm telling you about this I think I need to reinstate that idea for myself.

So, NS-OD, what will your minimum standards (within your control) be for a good day? What will you commit to doing for yourself every day to get through this period?

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
That's cool Maybell, I could go for a short run followed by a shower.

My minimum standards already include shaving every day, trying to make my hair look half decent and not looking like a slob. I never wear track/sweat stuff: I don't even own any. Sorry if I've just offended anyone who does but I just think it makes you look like a chav.

EA Aug 2014 I think
V
V
OD

(((((((hugs)))))))

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

G
gan Offline
G
Thanks, OD. You've just added "chav" to my vocabulary. Coincidentally, The Streets were on the radio earlier in the day. They are such chavs!

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard