Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2548661 03/18/15 07:02 AM
O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Just a quick start off post as thread 10 locked.

I just finished the night shift with S15. I stayed with him all night fetching water, plumping pillows, talking and all the things he might not have wanted to 'bother' the nurses with. We laughed about stuff he said under the influence. I taught him the basic mindfullness breath technique and we got through the night in which he was intense pain for quite a bit of it. He is such a brave lad. I am so proud of him.

I'm knackered now and off to sleep for a bit. WW has taken over now. She said I was amazing. And she's right for once.

M: 57 / EW: 52
T: 21, M: 8
S: 18, S: 15
Bomb: 1 Jun 14
EA Aug 2014 I think
PA Feb 2015 possibly sooner
S
S
Hi OD, it's great that you were able to be there for him in that way in his hour of need. Hope you catch up on some sleep today, and that his pain improves soon. Nice that a difficult experience has brought you and your W a little closer...

((OD))

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
How is S today?

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

R
R
Hi old dog. Sorry your S was in pain but you were there for him and that's what dads are for. Glad op is over and I hope it all went as planned. Take care. Rd

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks everyone. The op went very well. The surgeons are pleased with the outcome and we saw an 'after' x-ray today. Much better.

S15 is very resiliant - something WW takes credit for: sheesh! - and is bearing up. He's out of intensive care and on an ordinary ward now. I took him his MacBook so he'll probably forget to top up the morphine levels ;-)

As I said above, she said I was amazing for staying up with S15 all night and seeing to his every need. She fell to pieces and had to leave the room and I took over and handled it. She complimented me on that and I said you are very good in loads of other ways.

We worked very well together as a team. Something WW is willing just to throw away in her sefish pursuit of ... well who knows. I found it hard to look at her without feeling anger within me for what she has done. I held it in check though using my mindfullness skills and also I think due to lack of caring too much any longer.

EA Aug 2014 I think
S
S
OD, nice job being there for your S. That's what's important.

W probably doesn't see that she's throwing teamwork away, she assumes it will continue and she'll just go enjoy whatever in her spare time.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
V
V
OD

That's terrific news.

OD I care most about you and S15, this is fatherhood at its very best.

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
RD, thanks for your sympthy. S15 realised it wold be painful: he sat through all the meetings, kids don't know about these things and cannot imagine them but I think he was a bit surprised by how painful it was.

RPP, I think you're right. WW was reminded today about kind of person I am.

I wish I was determined to just up and go after S15 gets better but I waver and worry.

And thanks V, you never know how you will cope until the challenge is thrown down. She failed abysmally and I took it on with aplomb if I say so myself.

I even got some validating in without gloating or anything.

EA Aug 2014 I think
R
R
Great news op was a success. Must have been an incredible worry. Carry on being the best dad possible , you will get just as much benefit as your S.

Take care. Rd

O
Old Dog Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Thanks RD. WW cried handing over to the surgeons in theatre - she has delagation issues, and even told the anaesthestist this.

And I cried when we got him back in one piece. Then when WW couldn't do anything to help ease the pain, she was felt useless and had to leave while I stayed withhim throughout the night. We had such a good bonding session in very difficult conditions.

EA Aug 2014 I think
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard