Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Ok then maybe: "Hey H. Hope you are doing well. I'm off to Europe today, back on 23 March. Would be nice to see you when I get back."

Then the ball is in his court. No expectations.

Saying I'm off to Europe and looking forward to it, seems a bit like I'm rubbing it in his face, no?

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I once was an adult capable of communicating with other adults who I cared about. I've sent the damn text. If this is ever going to work out, the words matter not.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
G
gan Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Wow. Immediate response:

"Thanks for getting in touch, been meaning to txt for a while. Have a great trip, sounds like fun. How about we meet for drinks on the 31st. Should give you time to recover."

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
S
S
Hi Gan - there we are! He sounds pretty committed to pin down a meeting - and a warm, positive tone too....sounds pretty good.

Well, the main thing is have no expectations, and of course enjoy your trip!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
V
V
Originally Posted By: ganb8te
Wow. Immediate response:

"Thanks for getting in touch, been meaning to txt for a while. Have a great trip, sounds like fun. How about we meet for drinks on the 31st. Should give you time to recover."

There you go.......

Response: It will be fun. Should have loads of great pics and stories to share about my trip on 31st!

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 03/05/15 04:23 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

C
C
Originally Posted By: ganb8te
I once was an adult capable of communicating with other adults who I cared about. I've sent the damn text. If this is ever going to work out, the words matter not.

Yes, lady, yes.

So glad you sent the text and look at the response!

Have a fun trip.

M:32,H 32
T:10, M5
BD/H Move Out: 9/2014 - extreme anger
H Mental Illness Diagnosis: 4/15
Served D Papers: 10/15
Divorced: 11/15
Z
Z
^ ditto

Your once was an adult statement cracked me up. Love it. Very glad for you, enjoy your trip!

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

V
V
Originally Posted By: ganb8te on Zelds thread

Thanks V, for the link on emotional flooding. Like Zel I would have once said that H was the one who got emotionally flooded and shut down. But now I am seeing it a different way. I think V's Screaming Banshee would get along with my Griselda Grim. That was me being emotionally flooded - whereas H shutting down was him going into his cave, me shutting down was Griselda Grim unleashing her glory on the world. I hated her but didn't feel like I could control her and felt powerless when she showed up. Schnarch talks about self-soothing as a relationship skill and I believe it to be true. Well, I'm locking Griselda Grim beneath the floorboards and learning to bring the focus back to my breath.

You are welcome Gan.

However I would like to invite Griselda out to play with Screaming Banshee. There are a great deal of learning experiences in these characters. My IC taught me that these are referred to as shadows and they are protective of us, it is sensible to hold them close and even to project them to allow them to give us strength and purpose. Accepting screening banshee as part of me has taken a great deal of work Gan, but she is now a close and wonderful friend. Here is the CBT exercise I was given, as I have no link for it. My IC referred to it as inner authority and Genie Labord in Influencing with Integrity as a part that could be invited to a tea party.

Here is how another practiser described it in NLP in a blog. It is about half way down the page

dealing with the troublesome parts

This is how I was shown with only one part of me.

When flooding occurs and the shadow starts to take over. See the shadow to one side in front of you, focus on the shadow not on H. Create a bond (for me light projection from my higher power) then channel shadows energy back. The negativity shifts into the shadow, but the shadow gives the power of self expression. Then enforce the boundary that gives rise to the shadow and also use the Shadow as part of your confidence in other situations. Takes a little practice and it works. Your shadow has a strong presence, you can imagine her. Screaming Banshee was a little like a Dementer in Harry Potter, but now more like a wilful ghost, grey rather than black but with a mischievous smile!

My next shadow is Plain Vanilla who is the frumpy unattractive bag lady in V. Together we are tackling this, Vanilla and I in the gym, dancing and in front of my mirror. There are more shadows and elves I can draw on if I look at this way.

I suppose Gan, reframe this and see your shadow as something to bring to the light and freedom and to assist you to grow.

I know this is a little far scope but I think you may understand.

Are you still in London?

V

Last edited by Vanilla; 03/07/15 03:33 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Z
Z
This is priceless, V. Thank you!!!

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

S
S
Now V, that's interesting that you would describe any part of you as frumpy, unattractive bag lady. My vision of you is of someone vibrant and attractive in a dress and heels, dancing and being very social with people...

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard