Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
See, I thought about whether it was a bad idea to have him over to the house full stop because I think it would be really bad if he confronted H, but then I thought "I have to GAL and not let H affect my plans/my life" etc. etc. I end up thinking myself in circles sometimes with this sitch!

I don't think there's any danger with B, the "thing" he had for me was in the past before I was with H (AFAIK) and he has a GF (although I guess I shouldn't be so naive to think that would stop him). And H has never given any indication of being jealous (of him or anyone else), it was my GFs saying they thought he was. But they could be right which is where I got myself thinking I shouldn't have him over.

Oh, the circular thinking, it's endless!

Unfortunately it has to be in the house because the project involves cooking.

Perhaps I better see if someone else can join us.

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
BOMB 12-3-14 "I don't feel like myself any more"
Still living together, separate rooms.
S
S
That's a good idea - neutralise the danger. And you can just say to your friend - hey, I invited X along too...

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Forgot to add - I did tell B after he said that he better control his mouth if he sees H (he doesn't know the full sitch anyway - I'm following DR advice and not telling everyone about the sitch - but he knows I want to reconcile if possible).

Last edited by susana4; 03/04/15 05:22 PM.

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Right, but then do I tell H that I've invited X, too? I am getting myself confused here. If I try to assuage any jealousy that he may be feeling (which I have no reason to believe anyway) isn't that kind of pursuit? And I'm not trying to make him feel jealous so it's his problem if he feels that right?

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
S
S
I wouldn't tell him. Not my job to raise my hand and remind the teacher to collect the homework. smirk

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Alright, thank you! That's what I thought but my brain temporarily went into a tailspin.

See, I know how I would handle hanging out with another man when I'm in my M but now I don't know how to deal with it! None of my previous methods would work here (bringing H along, asking if he's ok with it, texting him while I am with the other guy etc). The whole thing just got my brain twisted into a pretzel.

Should be ok now - i reiterated my position and B has promised not to say anything to H.

Now I just need to get a grip on the anger and resentment I'm still stewing in.

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Argh! Now H has announced to me that he's probably going to leave 2-3 hours later than he'd originally said (than what he told me this afternoon). So he and B and X (my GF I've now invited) are probably going to be here at the same time and I'll have to hope B sticks to his word. To make matters worse X is also quite unhappy with H because of sitch. She wouldn't say anything and I'm sure she'll be unfailingly polite but it might be quite awkward.

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
S
S
Hi Susana - I wouldn't worry too much. You have your plans and H has his....

Just make the most of having your friends over and enjoy yourselves!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
susana4 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks. I'm sure I will enjoy my friends' company. I'm actually more worried about them feeling awkward than H (right now, I'm feeling a lot of anger toward him, so I'm not concerned about his reaction).

Does anyone have any tips or resources on managing anger and resentment?

I find it comes and goes and usually only lasts for a few hours for me, but my recent bout of resentment has lasted since yesterday, and this is the angriest I've been.

I actually felt my stomach turn and felt hatred when I looked at H earlier. Not good. And I don't know why, he was actually being quite nice tonight and was helping me cook (which he hates doing) and singing me a song he made up about the food we were cooking.

Me 28 / H 28
M 1 / T 2.5
Z
Z
S, congrats on all your positivity and STEADY moves forward.

The advice I get - sit with your feelings, be kind to them, ask yourself where they are really coming from. Then be kind to yourself. Digestion complete.

Mid 30's
Psych-abusive M with violent tantrums from XH
D 9/15; NC forever on

You can't DR your way out of abuse.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard