Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: bdub
Do we need to start a DB forum "contest" ?
Y'all feel free. This is not the contest for me. wink

My GAL last night ended up being dinner with a new friend from the meet-up group. We went to a great restaurant and sat outside, had a nice meal, got to know her better. Her H died 13 years ago and she's been single since. She dated some, one of the bf cheated on her and I don't think she's had anything serious after that. Her kids are roughly the same age as my older two, she is roughly the same age as me, and we had a nice conversation.

It was good to be with someone who didn't know me as the RPP half of H & RPP. She did ask about H, but it's not something we dwelled on, just a part of who I am now. Not a scarlet D on my dress, just something to mention in passing.

Last night before I went out, I dropped D12 at H's place. Later he texted me and told me I looked nice and to have fun. I'm not going to read any meaning into any of that, just mentioning it because he rarely tells me I look nice, he's been doing it more lately, and I appreciate it. Maybe he will eventually turn into Mr. Perfect.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Underdog
No love involved, other than the love I have for myself when I kicked his ass to the curb. grin

I do like this ^^^

J
J
"Maybe he will eventually turn into Mr. Perfect."

God can do anything!

How are you RPP? Sorry I've been so quiet this week. We've been snowed/iced in for 4 of the last 7 days so not much alone computer time.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Jefe
"Maybe he will eventually turn into Mr. Perfect."

God can do anything!

How are you RPP? Sorry I've been so quiet this week. We've been snowed/iced in for 4 of the last 7 days so not much alone computer time.

Jefe, you are such a sweetheart. The Mr Perfect is a reference to what a good X he will turn out to be. wink

Today I went sailing with a meetup group. I had a great time. We were on the water all day and then got some dinner together afterwards. It was major GAL for me.

A
A
Keep up the great GAL, rppfl! Sounds like you're doing great.

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
R
R
well done on the GAL, stay strong. Take care Rd

B
B
You are out GAling and looking all hot and living your life and he complimented you and said you looked nice? Maybe this DB stuff works after all?
Turn it up a notch this last month RPP. Make him miss you. Make him want to work on your M and being a better person.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
You are out GAling and looking all hot and living your life and he complimented you and said you looked nice? Maybe this DB stuff works after all?
Maybe, bdub. Who knows? ;)I think I'm becoming a "GAL is for me" groupie.

Sailing was really fun, I haven't been out on the water in a long time. I liked the group of people, although when they were talking about online dating I didn't have a lot to contribute to the conversation. But overall a pleasant day. I did tell H I wouldn't be at church (as part of a reply to a text he initiated), but didn't say why. He asked, which was a little surprising to me. I said I was going to be "on the water". Last night, we exchanged texts about D12's schedule for the upcoming week, and he asked about my day. A shocker all around, he hasn't done that since BD.

My S19 is home this week for Spring Break, I'm happy to have him at home. Well, he's sort of at home, he does spend a lot of time with his gf!

Tonight I'm going to the Heat game with the lady from the school office I mentioned a while back. She and her H have been S for two years and I didn't realize it until right before I left. I'm slowly enlarging my friend circle, and I'm pretty proud of myself for that, it doesn't come easily to me.

B
B
So, we northerners go to south Florida for spring break. Where do south Floridians go?
We just suffered through another record breaking cold spell. The last one broke with an 8 inch snowfall. This one broke with a 7 inch snowfall. Thursday, the 5th of March, low temperature in the forcast is -5 degrees.

I have not been enlarging my friend circle. I need to do better with that. How did you find your meet-up groups? Sounds like an idea I want to try.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
So, we northerners go to south Florida for spring break. Where do south Floridians go?
Skiing, of course! Almost all my friends ski, I don't. We used to go to the Keys or to Captiva as a family for Spring Break. We don't have any plans this year. Sadly.

I have not been enlarging my friend circle. I need to do better with that. How did you find your meet-up groups? Sounds like an idea I want to try.
Well I don't think I'm supposed to be posting links to things, but if you Google "meet-up" chances are strong you'll come up with the right website, then just look for your area. Browse around until you find a group that fits the activities you are interested in - dinners, movies, outdoor activities, etc., and then take the plunge and go to something. There are tons of choices here, I've focused on two groups. These people may not be my best friends in 10 years but they are nice and it gets me out of my comfort zone and out of the house. I highly recommend it.

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard