Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
I love Carnival. It got a bad rap for being a party line, but we preferred it over Royal Carribean. More food choices and way more fun things to do. Their new ships are really cool!

So good, he will think about it. Just prepare yourself for either way.

I let H know, only after he asked, that S and I are going to the movies tonight. I did the standard, you are always welcome. He says he wants to come. You just never know! Lol smile

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
job Offline
Happy,
You've told your h about your reservations and have invited him along. Now it's time to step back and give him some space to think about the cruise. If you have any brochures that lay out what your cruise will entail, leave them out so that he can pick them up and read them for himself. Don't talk about it too much, but definitely drop some hints about what you are looking forward to periodically. It's up to him now whether he will go or not. If he doesn't, that's his loss. You and your son will have a blast. I like Carnival too!

I'm very glad you've booked your trip. You and your son deserve a much needed time out from MLC.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
2BHappy Offline OP
OP Offline
Meligh4. Enjoy the movies.

Job..I have no plans to extend the invitation again until Im ready to purchase airline tickets.

S14 and I will be talking about trip so those may be hints for H.

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
2BHappy Offline OP
OP Offline
Cruise June 2016 Booked.
Son and I are excited.
H was sitting here as I may deposit and was talking other frieds who are interested in going.
Earlier before I made deposit on 8 day cruise I told s14, H may not go he is not a big fan of cruising and especially a long cruise. I did not add in the fact that H just may not want to be on a cruise with me anyway. I ask s14 if he was sure he was ok with the 8 day vs a shorter one that H may go on.
S14 was like I dont want to take a shorter cruise and dad not go anyway...so sad that S14 wants his dad on the trip but we have no way of knowing if H would really even go. Oh well...

SO,,,H tried to act like I was being "mean" today said I was yelling and fussing at him and s14. S14 was like "wow" I just said to H I have not been mean, we were all actually joking and playing earlier so why would you say that...I said when was I mean or yelling...H face went blank he had no response.

I think he said that because of me planning the trip in front of him,,,or maybe this is another mind game of the MLC..cause I'm HAPPY and moving forward, he had to say something to try and make me feel bad. NOT going to work. Or maybe cause I decided to not go with him and s14 suit shopping..who knows its sad that he would try to say I was being mean when I was NOT.

I wish he would not pull this mess in front of s14.

So just a note about me moving forward, growing. I tried to iniate ML the other day, H acted not as interested,,so I was like OK,,the train is leaving the station maybe another time. BUT I was NOT crushed emotionally. NOT at all, I was like his loss.

H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
job Offline
Happy,
Good for you! You booked your cruise and now you and your son have something to look forward to in the future. The time will fly and you'll be on that ship before you know it!

As for your h, it's his loss if he doesn't go. I'm glad to see that his antics haven't ruined your fun and happiness this week.

Keep up the good work!

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
2BHappy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank You Job

Man,,,I can tell I have come a long way. Without your help and the others...no idea where I would be or my stitch, but I know I BETTER, much better:)

H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
B
B
Hey, 2BHappy, I’m so excited for you! You seems to be doing a lot better. Keep on going!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
2BHappy Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Bright

Hold on Tight...

Last night H left family movie night in the middle of the movie. He told us he was going to hang out with some friends over a friends house. I told him bye and to tell the friend and his wife I said hello.

20min later phone rings, H is telling me that none of the other guys showed up and its just friend and his wife, and said the friend wanted me to come over and join them for a drink and conversation.

I was shocked but agreed and told H I would need to get dressed.

H told me to wear the pants I had on and just change shirts (something I HATE when he strongly suggest what I should wear)

I tried to chnage H comes back to pick me up and he was like I still like the pants you had on, so I put them back on.

S14 was watching me and was like Mom if dad likes the pants, and s14 was like you look fine,,just go.

So we go to friends we have nice conversation with friends, they tell me they miss me have not seen me in forever,,,

On way home H was like "its usually guys and the wife is usually upstairs or doing something else"

H initated ML ,,,I was really not as present as I should have been mentally.

I know not to drop my guard at this point, I know this was a nice invite, a nice time with another couple.

Job, I will not now go overboard with the pursuing stuff.

I told H I had a nice time and thanks for the invite.

EARLIER in the day, H and S14 went shopping for a wedding suite for s14, they came back and the suite was very nice, but too expensive, I let H know that he spent too much, but that it was very nice. S14 was not happy with me, he said dad was excited all the way home saying he knew how much you would like this suite and he was proud of what they had picked out. S14 wanted me to apologize to his dad, said he could tell dad was crushed by my response,,,

later H came back and told me he thought he had done a great job picking out the complete suite,,but I did not seem to agree.

I told H I loved the suite, just was shocked by the total price.
Was just kinda strange that H was seeking my approval,,,I think I have been missing these things...

H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
job Offline
Happy,
I'm glad things went well. Your h was looking for validation last night about the suit. Clothes today, are expensive and the sticker shock of a young man's suit will throw you thru a loop. My sister just took her son, who is graduating next month from high school, shopping and she just about flipped at the prices of suits. But, in order to get something nice, you almost have to pay what an adult man would pay for a suit.

I think you explained yourself much better later in the evening about the suit. Your h was so happy about getting something really nice and he evidently didn't mind paying the price. Sometimes, we have to bite our tongues, especially when they do things such as this because they are trying so hard to do the right thing and want our approval, i.e., like kids wanting mom's approval. Be sure to take photos of your h and your son in his suit when he wears it.

As for the evening...I'm glad you aren't going to pursue him because of ML. He'll wonder why you aren't...but stay the course. BTW, if he hadn't wanted you to come over to the friend's house, he wouldn't have called you. This tells me that he does enjoy your company just as long as you don't put pressure on him. Step in the right direction!

Over all, your evening went quite well. Keep up the good work.

2BHappy Offline OP
OP Offline
Last year I was trying to refi home, H was all for it, wanted to have lower MTG payments ( I think this was cause he wanted me to be able to affoard house on my own when he left)

H was willing to sign his rights away to the house if I refi then, I was not married when I brought the house, but REFI while married and H was not going to be on the loan due to his tax issues,,and was not sure if we were staying married anyway...

SO fast forward to now, I finally found rates/closing costs etc I was willing to REFI for, told H about it and that he would need to sign away rights to house to avoid possible tax lein since I was REFI as married and he would not be on the loan etc and not on the title to the home.

NOW H was like well...maybe we should wait, said he planned on taking care of his tax debt this year and then WE or I can REFI later on.

Said he did not see a reason to REFI now, I said so you dont want to sign off on the house, so we can take adavntae of lower int rates,,,he said No,,said again he is going to take care of tax debt and then we can see if its better to REFI together or just me later on, said however we can get the best rate/deal. Said once he takes care of tax debt we dont have to worry about a possible tax lien being placed on the house once REFI is done.

WTH, WOW now he was allllll for it last year, trying to reduce any debt we had,,,now NO.

I guess he has decided regardless he is not going to sign his rights to the house away.

I want these lower rates, but Im trying to see a positive in this, maybe he is even less sure about leaving the M?

H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard