Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
C
C
LOL ... GB

Ok ... shhh .... this is like Taxi Cab confession time.

Its funny you bring this up. I woke up early this morning, walked out onto the patio and just took in the view/weather ... realized how truly spoiled I am. I went and showered and brushed ... just wearing my morning uniform ... which consists of shorts... looked in the mirror and have seen the noticeable change as I lost a chunk of weight in all this ... dare I say I seen certain areas that used to just be like one smooth portion ... I just looked at myself and said "Yeah ... I would totally do me"

I get it ... and its good to have those days ... rock that chit.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

J
J
LOL BELLE!!!

Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
How many people does it take to install a light fixture? Apparently, 5 and 4 trips to Walmart. Zing. I appreciate their help. They are coming back to help with a couple of projects. We had fun!

Glad you had fun! Since this happens to pertain to my job, I will offer a little advice. Next time go to your local hardware store, not Wal Mart. Probably be able to help you better and should be more knowledgeable. smile

Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
I'm going to sound insane for a moment. Good googly...I just love the dudes. I'm doing fairly well with the avoiding the hot stoves for me...However, some days I get a bit antsy. It helps and hurts to have a gaggle of guy friends. Sometimes it is a catch 22. I am going to regret typing this I bet, but some days I think I am the shizzle. I haven't felt like this in years. Long ago, I had an audition to be a "girl" on a once very popular game show. I don't look the way I did then, but some days I feel like I have so much swag. Why???? I'm 42 year old divorcee with a 3 section tummy and lots of baggage. However, my confidence is through the roof. Am I hexing myself?

Anyone else feel super kicky? Am I just crazy? Delusional? Hormonal? I don't want to sound arrogant (why would I be???I couldn't even keep a booty call with a playa) because I have quite the list of flaws although I feel okay with all of it. And I still have some caca to work through. Do I have false bravado? Is this faking it until you make it? I don't want to be that desperate, pathetic woman dressing in clothes from "Justice". (Relax, everyone. I don't do that.)

I think it is great to feel that way! You deserve it! We all do! We have been feeling bad, emotional ups and all the other crap we have dealt with. It feels good to finally get to that point where we think we are the "shizzle"! I am also feeling "super kicky"! I went in to the pharmacy yesterday to get my D medicine and the lady asked how I was doing?( she know about our situation) She said, "wow, you are looking great and sound so confident". This place helps us even if our marriages don't get saved.

Jalapeno/ cheddar popcorn sounds good! Don't know about the name though!! Gary Poppins Popcorn? Sounds creepy!! LOL!

Enjoy your "swag"!! smile

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

J
J
LOL Cali!! Good for you!! I have those days also!!

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

C
C
GB,

Your confidence and optimism are super inspiring! I am feeling quite the opposite of you these days, so this post was really good to read. You are the shizzle!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

G
OP Offline
G
Roll up, it's a hold up on Cali! Thanks for the advice Joe. If it wasn't Sunday night at 10, the HD or Lowes would have been a hot destination. Unfortunately, Wally world it was!!! Hi Claire! Fake it til you make it, baby. I'm not sure how much of my feelings are legit although the only way is forward. This is my deck of cards and I have to play them. I won't be played! I have figured that part out:)

Because I always try to keep it real, here is my funny or perhaps pathetic story of the day. One of my close guy friends owns a bar. He and another close guy friend said, "Hey GB! One of the bartenders was asking about you. He's from Boston, devoted to his daughter and really funny." I saw the guy and while I'm not in a place to entertain dating, I will talk to any and everyone. (Yes, I'm THAT person in the elevator and the grocery store check out line.)I said, "Oh, I'll meet him." Guy friends have a funny look on their face shortly after. They said, "We may have messed up, GB. We told him how smart, cool and funny you are (ladies-if you don't have guy friends..make them. They are priceless:)and how you are such a sports freak. We said that you are the ultimate good girl (my halo has slipped once or twice) and the bartender said, "She's a good girl? Nope. I want someone kind of $lutty." I couldn't stop laughing. I said they were perfectly fine for saying that as I'm not interested in changing THAT part of myself. Haters gonna hate!!!

Speaking of..I passed the former hook up today. Why is he so darn cute? Argh. Vacation tomorrow with X Mr. GB's parents tomorrow.

Happy Friday eve:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
L
L
Feelin' the shizzle, too these days, GB! Why the heck not?! A friend of mine said 'You're putting out the vibe' ('cause I had a few dates lately). Maybe I am? People pick up on it. It's kind of like a magnet.

Love your posts. Always entertaining.

LiveNow

Me 53, XH 57
M 20 (+1.5) years, no kids
BD June '13
H moved out July '13
Confirmed long-suspected PA Feb '14
H filed for D Nov. '14
D March '15
J
J
Belle!!!! Belle!!! I am waiting for some funny stories and some more A game humor!!! Georgia!! Georgia!! Wherefore out thou Georgia!!! LOL!!!

EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16

G
OP Offline
G
I'm baaaaack. Did you guys miss me? I spent the week with 2 senior citizens with mobility issues and 3 crazy kids and (drum roll....) I survived! Water parks, theme parks, cheesy gift shops, cashew milk ice cream, minivans, 80s music, tantrums in public-it was a reality show minus the fame and paycheck... Haters gonna hate:)

I've been catching up on some sitches and had some time to reflect last week. Last week was X Mr. GB's birthday. I sent him a simple "happy birthday." He was surprised I rode the extreme rides (well, I can't let D10 scream by herself) and I said, "it was fun." Actually, they don't even bother me much anymore. On the way back, I have to pass through college town where I went to school and X Mr. GB lives. He wanted to know if I wanted to see his apartment. Hails to the no! I did that 20 years ago. I didn't say that. I said "No thanks. Can we meet at x?" I just simply couldn't go visit my xh in a student housing complex.

I feel okay. I did get a little weepy one day last week. Particularly when I thought about H telling his coworkers when he started working how horrible I was and why was he with me? And I know I must let this go. However, I always wonder did he tell them I paid the bills and took care of everything while he played video games, napped, and worked sporadically? Nope. Probably not. And I just get upset thinking that he moved out when he finally got a job. GRRRRRR. This comes in waves. Will work through this.

And my former booty call (just love that classy term but that's what it was) was texting me last week. I think he wants an ego stroke and I guess that's what I provide via text. And I guess I like hearing someone thinks I am hot too. Doesn't matter.

I don't know. I feel like I have one foot on the crazy train and I'm not sure if they are serving cocktails. Even though I had a great week and had dinner with a friend last night, I just think "can I ever be in a R again?" I just don't know. I've said it before that I read sitches where people are "anxious" to "see what is out there" (I never feel this urge. Lots of guy friends-I know what is out there) and all of the qualities they want in their next R. I just cannot. go. there. And I realize it's because our friends and family want us to be happy, however, my friends and family keep saying "this is a great time for you" and "don't you want to meet someone new?" No, actually I don't even know if I care. I hope I don't sound jaded and like a downer. I just cannot imagine being in any kind of R. Zero. Nothing. And I have a very vivid imagination. Maybe I will become a crazy cat lady. Scratch that. I am crazy-just one cat.

And perhaps this preoccupation with a R stems from my deep seated self esteem issues? I used to think if I wasn't in a R then there was something wrong with me. Or that I wasn't desirable or "enough." I do think I need to be careful not to go to the other extreme.

Big kids at lake with their Grandparents and my baby starts to kindergarten next week. I cannot believe he is going to school. Girls weekend with my daughter, bf and her daughter this weekend.

Hugs to everyone:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
I wonder if I should take a self imposed reprieve from conversations with any men (including my guy friends except for work or necessary interactions) for a few days to reset? I do this from time to time and sometimes it helps.

I cannot get on the crazy train. I just can't....

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
W
W
GB,

Booty calls are just that...no emotional involvement nor string attached. It makes you feel safe because it means that you do not feel the need to open up emotionally or go exclusive with a man.

We all have those experiences at one point or another. It is a part of the process for your healing journey. No judgement here. It is what it is. Enjoy it while you are able because, at some point, you will turn a new corner and feel the urge to enter in a boyfriend-girlfriend R. It seems at this time, you're just not there emotionally.

You are perfectly fine, GB!

Enough with naval gazing...we're too hung up on sexual stuff because of our stupid Puritan heritage.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard