Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
C
GB

Your posts always make me smile ... I think about a DB allstar group night out on the town and think GB is the type who would get me arrested.

Shame about Mr GB and the kids ... his circus and his monkeys and I think you are handling it properly .. honest with your kids and not making excuses nor apologizing on his behalf .... but at the same time its hard to see our kids suffer

I too have a friend who has been single a bit ... long time best friend mind you. He is just a bit older than I, 44 and REFUSES to date even close to his age range because they all have baggage .... I was blunt one night over beers, opened his closet and pulled out some of his Samsonite Collection. I even joked that the chances of a 30 year old woman (his desired range 28-33) who would be cool with getting married and adopting his 7 year old grand child ... yes , at 37 he was a GRANDFATHER ... well ... sorry bud .. ya have some baggage too, and that's just a small carry on.

Its funny the things we can get hung up on with age, and how it affects us ... those on this side of the MLC fence do tend to laugh at these moments a bit more ... I think just because we have to.

Last edited by CaliGuy; 06/24/15 03:22 PM.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

W
W
GB,

I gotta hand it to you with keeping a straight face here:

Oh, one last thing. X Mr. GB said he thinks his boss is going thru a MLC. He's 45, is having multiple affairs, and bought a corvette. X Mr. GB said he was behaving "bizarrely." I smiled, nodded, and said have a good day.

Bwwwahhh! That's rich coming from a man who wears t-shirts featuring comic book characters, lives in a college town with a 20-something airhead of a vet wanna be, and is oblivious to his own bizzaro world occupied by people half his age.

Gee whiz...isn't that a MLCer in denial, right??!

Loved that anecdote, GB. Thanks for sharing! smile

Client or not, I'd roll in the hay with that hot 35-something hot guy if I was straight. Social conventions be damned!

M
M
Mmmmm hmmmm, wonka. Mmmmm hmmm. wink

Whoop whoop, gb! Damn, you're good.

W
W
Mighty,

Don't get any ideas here. I've never slept with a man in my life.

S
S
That is hilarious I agree. It's funny how people will see things in others that they miss in themselves.

Have a good weekend!

T xx

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
G
G
That's too funny gb, too funny.

A mlc tell you his boss is having one.... Roflma grintoo funny

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
M
M
Ha! Ok, wonka. That's cool. To me, it just sounded good.

You stated it well.... And my ideas weren't what you were thinking! blush

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much for stopping by Beatrice (you always make me laugh), Wonka (I'm so over hearing about the Pats' balls:), Cali (I'm going back to Cali, to Cali), Mighty (I almost injured myself wearing sky high heels yesterday because I sprayed room spray on the bathroom floor...can we say wipeout?), GG (hope you are well) and Toots (hola!). Next time lets have margaritas or my special rum punch, okay?

Wonka, the client is 17 layers of yum. Literally the most beautiful man I have ever seen (hilarious, smart and a very devoted Dad. Drool bucket worthy and my best friend concurred. He could totally be blizzard of the month at DQ. He has a gf though:( Gads!!! Oh well. I still think the universe is talking to me. Now if the universe wants to step up it's game they can drop off an Adam Levine, Ryan Gosling or Idris Elba clone at the front door. You can do it uni!!

I wanted to share that I had previously underestimated how beneficial GALing can be. My social calendar was packed (well for me anyway) in June and a couple of trips are planned in July (San Francisco, Pigeon Forge, and the gulf coast of FL).

I feel pretty good. I, of course, get sad some days, although it is fleeting. Went out with a couple of friends on Thursday night and one asked why I wasn't dating. I told him the truth. I'm. just. not. interested. right. now. His response? That I look really hot and it's time to capitalize on this. Ha! I told him I'm sure I will want to one day, but I have zero interest right now. Occasionally, I do say, "how did I get here?" and then I realize I'm where I'm supposed to be-even if it doesn't all "make sense" (darn logic) all of the time.

I still struggle with wanting to be right. Still wonder if I will find love or allow myself to open up to someone. Would someone want a smart, 42 yr old woman with 3 kids, a round booty and a raunchy sense of humor? Oh and my impressive shoe collection and vast sports knowledge. Would I be attracted to him? However, I try not to dwell on those thoughts. What's that gonna do for me? That's right. Not one friggin thing. It will all fall into place.

If there is one thing I am totally appreciative during this process, it's that I relish some of the little stuff again. I love to watch s5 sleep. Kiss the dog on the nose. Hold S12's hand. Sing with D10.Chasing S5 around a store. Listen to the rain. Laugh so hard I cry. Getting a compliment. Giving a compliment. Just having someone say "You look really pretty today" (that happened as I was pumping gas the other day) or telling someone that they have an infectious laugh. I enjoyed all of those things before and now they seem a little different. I can't describe it. I look in the mirror sometimes and I see a changing face. Everything changes with time, you know? And that's okay. That's exactly what is supposed to happen.

This is a difficult road and believe it or not...it may have been the best thing that ever happened to me.....well, besides my 3 people. Sending positive energy and laughs to all:)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 07/02/15 01:06 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
J
J
Originally Posted By: Georgiabelle
I still struggle with wanting to be right. Still wonder if I will find love or allow myself to open up to someone. Would someone want a smart, 42 yr old woman with 3 kids, a round booty and a raunchy sense of humor? Oh and my impressive shoe collection and vast sports knowledge. Would I be attracted to him? However, I try not to dwell on those thoughts. What's that gonna do for me? That's right. Not one friggin thing. It will all fall into place.

I WOULD!! LOL!!! smile

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

M
M
Gb.... Babe..... Love love love it. Beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes... Because... I.so.get.it. And you are truly amazing. Xo

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard