Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
C
C
Gb

Great seeing you pop back in and that's a nice update .... I however had to remove the ice cream subliminal message from my brain as I officially got back that MLC-10 ... stupid ice cream.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

W
W
GB baby!

Sure did smile at the Avengers comment. laugh Thanks for that anecdote.

Let's get the inevitable done with right NOW: Gift XGB with tickets to the next Comic-Con for his birthday. That way, he can buy every friggin' t-shirt with every imaginable comic character on it.

Bet the Com-Con folks will be able to offer him a 20% dicount on bulk purchases.

I think your dream man is just around the corner, honey.

S
S
GB!!

This was the best thing I have read in who knows how long. Smiling big grin

You KNOW my Michael Kors radar was going off....Stilettos? Datta girl!!

I love everything about this post. Thank you thank you thank you for the update.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone! I want to thank my agent at William Morris, my costar Christian Bale, oops.....Wrong thank yous. I really appreciate everyone's thoughts, comments, 2x4s (I'm stubborn so sometimes I need more like an 8x12), cheers, etc. I am so very, very grateful for this board.

I hope I am not hexing myself, although I sort of feel like I'm turning a corner of sorts. Hopefully, there is no sharp edge where I can impale myself cause I'm a klutz. And I keep reading about women getting butt injections and that is such a foreign concept to me. Apparently, women with large derrieres can survive in the wild much longer. I'll live forever in the rain forest.

Kids loved camp. D10 is going to camp next week. We are scheduling our vacation in July and I am planning a girls' weekend with my bestie in July. Dentist said I needed 2 veneers (which is hilarious because I have some good teeth-just very thin enamel from the ED). This is lesson not to throw up for over 20 years...It wrecks havoc on your health and can get expensive down the road.

The toilet keeps overflowing and X Mr. GB has been kind enough to take a peek. At the risk of sounding gross (but wanting to share a bonding moment), he was trying to unclog again this am. He was gagging and I started laughing and then he started laughing and we both laughed so hard we cried. I was spraying neutralizing spray which I don't believe was intended for faulty toilet issues. It was a quasi bonding moment (that's the caca -pun intended, that we used to laugh hysterically over). It was nice even though it was just a moment.

I hope I don't sound arrogant although I struggle with crazy self image issues. Some days I think I look the shizzle. Did I say that? Oh yes, I did. Like today, I have on these super kicky platform, wedge heels (thanks Jessica Simpson!!!) and this cute A-line dress. Some days I think I would roll up on me:) I know, I know. Some are reading this thinking, "That wench has some nerve!!" I think I'm getting there...wherever there is.....Hopefully "there" has a walk in closet, nice pool, and lots of laughs. Maybe one day it will have a funny, smart, hot dude, ya know? Never hurts to dream.

Going out with a friend this weekend because she wants to "meet guys." Sigh.....I'll try to be the supportive friend.

So very thankful for all of you. Positive energy to you all!!!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Happy Friday! Little update......

I am going out with a friend tonight because she wants to *meet guys.* I hope the universe helps me through this. She has no guy friends so we are kind of at opposite ends of the spectrum. I'll look kicky, bring my A game sense of humor, and enjoy a cocktail.

Air conditioning is out. It was 86 in my house. I looked towards the bathtub in hopes of seeing an ocean, but no such luck. Toilet is overflowing. So not to be graphic, but overflowing toilet and heat= not a tropical paradise. Hopefully these things get resolved today because the house is falling apart. I need to sell, but I have to fix to get it ready to sell and even then I'm not sure I can get what is owed. I don't really want to short-sale....Another topic for another day.

X Mr. GB sent a barrage a text yesterday saying "these kids are expensive", "he doesn't make x kind of money", and that "what he owes me is more than one of his checks." I can't resist a bit of snark just on this board (I swear I was neutral and pleasant with him)....This was never a concern when I was the one working and he was napping and playing video games. I understand compassion and empathy, I swear I do. However, I must get over this. I have resentment to the fact that he did not contribute much financially and now that he works, he wants to tell me that paying bills is tough. Yes, X Mr. GB, I am aware of that.

He then said it was very expensive to send 3 kids to private school. I reminded him that oldest son gets a full scholarship and that the children absolutely CANNOT go to the public school. He agreed. And then it was a he hates getting up early and the commute is terrible. Reminder, he moved 1 hour away to work and his job is in the town where I live. This is not my problem. Again, he made his decision and has to live with it. I make mine and will have to live with them. However, I was cordial, and said, "yes, kids are expensive." I am NOT volunteering to *fix* anything or make anything *easier* for him. I did that for 11 years and was told that made him feel "unsupported" and that I "doubted he would come through." Have at it big guy. I'm not doing any of that again:) Oh, and he sends me many texts with "R (girlfriend's name) says....." I don't give 2 figs what girl says so I don't respond. I have found that X Mr. GB does NOT like to hear me say someone is hot. His face tightens and he quickly changes the subject. I'm not saying it to get a reaction-I've always just mentioned things like that in passing.

Sorry to vent. Hoping I get some resolution on these house issues. Sending out positive energy!

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 06/12/15 12:48 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
job Offline
You will need a night out after what you are going through w/the AC and the toilet.

As for the ex, poor baby! That's life and he's finally getting a taste of what life is all about. Too bad he's not figure out that living so far from where he works could be fixed by moving in closer. I don't feel sorry for him. In fact, I chuckled over his complaints.

I hope every you are able to get the AC and toilet fixed today. Gosh, it's going to be even hotter today and you will need some sort of AC pretty soon. Hopefully both of these items are a quick fix and won't cost you a lot of $$$.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
M
M
Sending positive vibes, GB, and props on your great attitude. I hope you were able to get to a pool or something this weekend.

Hugs!!!

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
L
L
I love you GB, you are my hero.

I went dancing a couple of weeks ago, first time in years, I managed to pick up two women - bump and grind - seriously and when I told my s18 he laughed so hard! Not quite the reaction I was going for.

Ya know, you are a truly amazing woman, I love reading your posts, they light up my day. Keep being you GB.

((Hugs))

G
OP Offline
G
Aw, thanks everyone (Job, MB, and Lou). I love it when you chime in on my thread. I threw up on Heavy D's thread which was probably rude of me, so now I will update on my own thread.

AC fixed. Yay! (It hotter than a mo here. Some days it's like sitting on the sun:). Toilet fixed. Can I get a woot, woot??? Kids have been having a good summer. S 12 is a little under the weather so I have to get him better before camp on Sunday. D10 keeps stealing my anti-aging cream and stilettos, and I know it sounds crazy, but S5 still struggles with pooping in the potty. Need to get this resolved ASAP so he can go to kindergarten in August.

X Mr. GB declined kids on Father's Day and went kayaking with his love goblin. He told me this morning that no one wished him a Happy Father's Day. I really struggled with this one as it felt weird to wish him a "Happy Father's Day" when he didn't want the kids. I wasn't sure what to do or say, so I said nothing. I understand compassion , although encouraging tooldum (that's a GB word) seems rather ridiculous. D10 had an epic breakdown about Father's Day because she kept saying that he didn't want them. I said, "your Dad loves you. I love you. Gosh, lots of people love you and I'm sorry you are sad." I couldn't with a clear conscious go into some lie filled diatribe about how he wanted to be with them but...blah, blah, blah. Enough about him. He did fix a zipper on one of my favorite shoes and I was grateful for that. Thanked him profusely as I adore those shoes.

Next up? Going away party for a friend tomorrow night with my best friend. Vacation later this month. 4th of July soiree with the little peeps at best friend's, girls' weekend with our daughters, etc. My Google calendar is jam packed in July.

I do have a bit of a funny to share. My other close friend is 37 1/2. I offered to set her up with one of my close friend's from college. He is cute, a great dad, successful, hilarious, and looks not a day over 25. D--n him!!!! My friend has never been married, lived with anyone, and had a very off (much more off) and on relationship over 8 years with her ex boyfriend. She is lovely, funny, loyal and sweet and I cannot help but chuckle at this. She doesn't want to date anyone 40 because she is only 37 1/2. She is in a difficult predicament. She wants to R with ex bf (they broke up a year ago) but feels she is in a rush to be in a R and have kids. Because she clearly grapples with getting older, I have decided to smile and nod. Heck, she even said Z was older-he was 38. I don't get this but then again, I'm not real hung up on numbers (says 42 yr old woman with a raging crush on her 35 yr old client). Yet, she thinks I should consider men in their 50s. I'm considering no dudes right now. Oh well. I will just be supportive.

Oh, one last thing. X Mr. GB said he thinks his boss is going thru a MLC. He's 45, is having multiple affairs, and bought a corvette. X Mr. GB said he was behaving "bizarrely." I smiled, nodded, and said have a good day.

I read along and post when I feel that incessant need to chime in...Hugs to you all:)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 06/24/15 12:48 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
B
B
GB - you make me laugh - I love tooldum and shall adopt it.

My own little MLC bunny told youngest son recently that 'he has been rather awful for the past few years' Gosh, who'd have thought it? You can't put anything past these guys can you?

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard