Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
S
S
GB BABY!!

Ok. I'm a gutsy gal. I say go for it. Why?

1. You've been considering the possibility of change for months...it's still there:)
2. If you don't you'll always wonder what would have happened
3. If you have a greater income, your options are increased for peep-care.
4. What's the worst that could happen if it doesn't work out??? You find something else.

You are so freakin amazing. I say it's time to get out and explore some more stuff. Life is beautiful and amazing .... And short. Do it do it do it.

That's my ++++mojo.

Love ya and miss ya, my crazy wrong-way-to-eat-tacos-friend. <3

M
M
OK, so... my gut reaction was same as Shining. So... you get the drift. I'm sure you can find awesome alternatives for your peeps on those days w/ the monetary difference. And, it opens a whole new world for you. AND them! It could be great. But... you never know until...

I'm just saying... your beautiful bullets... well... look at them carefully. Were you trying to sell yourself here? I mean... I think I saw a highlight somewhere.

R
R
Oh- I can't resist bullet points.They're like catnip. Let's see here.....

1) There will be monthly travel (around 5 days per month )I used to travel frequently , but am concerned about my peeps. X moved an hour away and I worry about putting too much on x inlaws. This is my greatest concern.

I think the devil is in the details on this one. Is the travel limited to business days? Or are they expecting you to travel on Sundays? Any travel on holidays? If its limited to travel on the school days, you can probably make it work between your In Laws and possibly hired help (I'm looking into hiring someone to be here when the kids wake up and get them off to school so I have enough free time in the afternoon to haul them to all their bazillion extra curricular activities)

2) Am I too crazy to make a change? Or perhaps is it change that I need? I work for a very financially viable company but it is a declining industry. Am I too much of a train wreck right now? I don't *truly* believe that but wonder if my instincts are skewed?? Logically, I think this is a good decision, but I just don't know.

Well FWIW, not counting aimless twentysomething jobs, I've switched industries three times - cell phones, mortgage and now healthcare. And each time I've found the change pretty invigorating. Might be a chance for some fresh air. I wouldn't have advised it right afer BD - too much change all at once, but you've had some space now.

3) what if I'm not good at this new role? Argh. Negativity be freaking gone. Hmmph. Didn't you answer this yourself in the pros column? You said there were lots of opportunities to switch roles?

Look, you're basically a single mom with an X who seems like he could end up being pretty unreliable in the child support department. Opportunities to earn that much more aren't going to come around every day. I agree, the travel is a concern, but only if you think your kids aren't ready for it.

Eat an Almond Joy and sleep on it - you'll make a choice that works.

Last edited by raliced; 04/15/15 02:40 AM.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
job Offline
I say go for it. This is a great opportunity for you and you have been considering a change for quite some time. As for your peeps, I would consider hiring someone on the days that you would travel and your x-inlaws can help out some too. Your peeps aren't little babies that require someone overseeing them every minute of the day. There are people out there that would love to have the opportunity to be there to get them off to school, etc., i.e.

There is no guarantee that you will be traveling 5 days per month. Some months you may not travel at all. They have to advise you of this so that you aren't caught unawares when travel may be necessary.

I definitely would think on this one and the positives sound like they outweigh the negatives for you. If you are concerned about the children, talk to them about it and see what they think. They may think of it as an adventure if mom is gone a couple nights a month or they may say that they don't like the idea of having someone else taking care of them.

I'm sure that you will make the right decision not only for you, but for your children as well.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks so much Raliced (my nickname was The Walking Encyclipedia too), Shining (you sound great!), Mighty (I'm always amazed by your strength) and Job (you need your own advice column-Dear Job:). You are all correct and make good points. I do think I need a change and opportunities to work at home, with great benefits and more $ don't come around every day. I think the universe is talking to me. Just waiting to see when they want to proceed. I appreciate your thoughts.

XMIL was released from hospital yesterday. She is doing much much better and I'm thrilled about that. She was upset that x Mr. GB only sent one text to her during her 3 week stay. He said "he was very healthy." I told her that I was sorry but let's focus on her recovery because she can't really do anything about him.

X Mr. GB still reaches out with funnies or pics to me, and the one time I sent him something, he didn't respond. Must be that pursuit land distance thang :-). I don't know- maybe he really was that unhappy with me. It doesn't matter now, how giver he got fired from every job when we were M'd and he seems to be the star a this company. I guess that's good for him. I don't know. Sometimes it makes me feel like a huge failure.

Speaking of failure, I had a slip up and had sex with HG last weekend. I always feel like I'm the poster child on this board for things not to do. With him, it is just very....primal. I don't feel particularly anything and I can't look at him. It's almost like an out of body experience and not in a good or bad way. Just like I watched someone else. So, I removed his # from my phone because it sort of feels like I must be pathetic and desperate to do all kinds of salacious things (and I did things with him that I've never done before and he knows it) with someone who openly tells you he wants to have sex with your friend. Of course, I told him maybe the next guy would want to have sex with me and he said "next guy?" It doesn't matter. I'm acting in a way I haven't before and I don't believe it's a good thing. I feel I will look back at some point and wonder exactly what I was doing.

Just me and the boys this weekend. D10 went out of town with a friend. I'm not sure where I'm at. I miss having someone to share with but I don't have the strength to deal with a bunch of caca.

I'm rocking my super cute Charles David wedges today. I read religiously but don't post to others much because I'm not sure I'm someone to take advice from right now.

Positive energy to all:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
J
J
laugh GB!! You remind me of someone I used to know. Ironically she was from Georgia!!

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

S
S
Hey, GB!!!!

Alright, woman....the Charles David wedges comment made my day!! I do love how you write, and then to punctuate it with such a warm, happy shoe image? You're still my girl-crush, G. wink

You sound great. I'm glad you're entertaining the idea of change. I know how much you like that *change* stuff... heehee.

So, when you feel those anxious pings of newness hit your chest, try not to confuse that with a bad gut-instinct. What I mean is, once you push yourself past a few of the unknowns, you're going to get a rush of "holy cr@p I did it and it's so freaking cool! Why didn't I do this sooner?"

I sense that deep down, you know you are smart, capable, funny, a great mom, and thousands of other awesome things.

Push yourself over those hesitations...the speed bumps. It's ok to take it cautiously. Just keep taking small steps.

Oh, and regarding posting to others??? You have as much, if not more, to offer people here in the experience you have. Your writing and inherent *wit* connected with me immediately. Please don't deprive others of the fabulous experience you gave me....er...unless you're just not up to it. smile

Love ya, lady! <3

J
J
GB

I 2nd that about posting. You are an inspiration and it is always done with flair. There were a few times during my absence when I thought about posting and I wondered what GB would say about that!

Me 44 H 42
M 10 T 12 (at time of BD)
Ss 20 16
S11 (special needs)

BD 9/13 H "unhappy for years" moves to seperate bedroom
10/13 EA/PA confirmed but denied
S and I move out 3/15
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Joe (I'm a peach-really:), Shining (have I told you I'm rocking ombre hair? If it's good enough for Jessica Alba it sure as hails is good enough for moi since that is our lone similarity-well we both walk upright) and Julie (your sitch breaks my heart but you will be better than ever my friend!!!). I appreciate the kind and supportive words.

Took the boys to the pet store to get a new hamster ball. Petted and snuggled the rescue dogs up for adoption. Bought the clearance red wine at Target. Party at GB's house later. Read magazine tonight. Came across pic in magazine and said, " Oh, he's kind of cute." For the love of Almond Joys!!!! It was Justin Bieber. Please, someone stage an intervention!

Spoke to my mother this am as I haven't talked to her in about 3 weeks. She suggested I date "to see what's out there." I told her I was more than aware of what was out there. I was married for 11 years. I wasn't dead:-)

Sadly, I just made myself laugh. I was reading another thread where they were listing what they want in their next partner. I didn't realize it needed to be specified that next guy " must not ask to have sex with my friends." Bada bing!!!

Bathed the dog. He looks and smells dapper. Snuggled my boys. Haircut for s5 tomorrow. I don't want this but he does. He doesn't appreciate his Gallagher brother cut from the band Oasis.

In the words of Florida-Georgia Line, the nice weather has "made me wanna roll my windows down and cruise. I got my windows down and my radio up." D10 loves that song.

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 04/26/15 12:32 AM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
J
J
Justin Bieber!!!!! eek That is bad!!! LOL!!!

I have to agree with the others about you posting. You have a fun way about your posts. I enjoy them. It is also nice to have more straight forward people on here!!

Me:44
EXW 44
Wonderful Children
M11, T14
BD 6/14
OM Confirmed
Divorce Final 2/25/16
"It works if you work it!"

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard