Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
G
OP Offline
G
That's a little Tegan and Sarah for you. I wanna get a little closer to feeling...normal (whatever that is)? Less crazy? Something like that. Who is ready for the 12th thread in this book known as "The Chronicles of GB"? We will have margaritas, chips and salsa, and lots of laughs. Hopefully, less tears. No cliff notes here, peeps.

I am wearing my butt lifter jeans today. I checked and my butt appears to be in the same place as prior to the addition of the jeans. False advertising. Last thread below.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2541880&page=1

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 02/25/15 05:54 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
B
B
Maybe it couldn't be more lifted?? grin

I'm in for margaritas, chips and salsa. And the ride.

K
kml Offline
K
Love me some Tegan and Sarah!

G
G
See contrary to popular belief your butt is perfect. whistle

Hey gb, I just know how you feel. Not much advice but we all have the sucky tshirt and when you think it's gone, it's there under your clothes and comes spilling out.

It just takes on a life of its own. Runs to the store to buy the whole supply of stfu!

Seems I haven't learnt. Sigh beats head on desk.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Bea, Kml, GG for coming along.

I'm at the fertility clinic with my friend this am. I'm trying to be a good friend and this is honestly not something I can truly relate to. However, she was anxious beyond belief so I tried to make her laugh and also told her I gave them permission to harvest her organs:-) She shares dark humor.

S11's Pinewood Derby race is today (Boy Scouts). He did a great job with his car and is excited so I'll head back home after I make sure friend is okay.

Las Vegas very early in the am. Spa time when I get there. A 2 hour massage and hour long scalp massage. Don't be jelly:-)

X Mr GB moved yesterday. He sent me a text that (quote) "this all has gotten very expensive-the kids and everything." Welcome to the real world a$$hat!!! I kid. I didn't say that. I wasn't even sure how to respond so I didn't. It probably is a bit of a shock for him-paying bills, working, etc. His responsibilities were few when we were married-particularly financial. I'm sure he will figure it out in his way.

He did ruffle my feathers by telling the kids by saying that "due to his move, it would be harder for him to see them as much (ha!!!!!)". I'm not sure if this was correct, although the blatant lying to the kids is just a crap sandwich to me and he's trying to feed a footlong to the kids. His job is in the city we live now (kids know this) so I said to the kids "we all make decisions. Your dad wants to live in x and that's great. I lived their for several years and it's a wonderful town. However, he chose to move further from work (1 hour away). He loves you and you will still see him."

I can't quite describe it, but I feel a little...different these last several days. Maybe an internal change? I've gotten many compliments the last few days and I just said " thanks so much!" I've connected with 2 of my old college roommates which has been nice. I don't feel quite so....desperate for attention. I hope that feeling continues to dissipate.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read these diatribes. Hugs and positive energy to everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Bea, Kml, GG for coming along.

I'm at the fertility clinic with my friend this am. I'm trying to be a good friend and this is honestly not something I can truly relate to. However, she was anxious beyond belief so I tried to make her laugh and also told her I gave them permission to harvest her organs:-) She shares dark humor.

S11's Pinewood Derby race is today (Boy Scouts). He did a great job with his car and is excited so I'll head back home after I make sure friend is okay.

Las Vegas very early in the am. Spa time when I get there. A 2 hour massage and hour long scalp massage. Don't be jelly:-)

X Mr GB moved yesterday. He sent me a text that (quote) "this all has gotten very expensive-the kids and everything." Welcome to the real world a$$hat!!! I kid. I didn't say that. I wasn't even sure how to respond so I didn't. It probably is a bit of a shock for him-paying bills, working, etc. His responsibilities were few when we were married-particularly financial. I'm sure he will figure it out in his way.

He did ruffle my feathers by telling the kids that "due to his move, it would be harder for him to see them as much (ha!!!!!)". I'm not sure if this was correct, although the blatant lying to the kids is just a crap sandwich to me and he's trying to feed a footlong to the kids. His job is in the city we live now (kids know this) so I said to the kids "we all make decisions. Your dad wants to live in x and that's great. I lived their for several years and it's a wonderful town. However, he chose to move further from work (1 hour away). He loves you and you will still see him."

I can't quite describe it, but I feel a little...different these last several days. Maybe an internal change? I've gotten many compliments the last few days and I just said " thanks so much!" I've connected with 2 of my old college roommates which has been nice. I don't feel quite so....desperate for attention. I hope that feeling continues to dissipate.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read these diatribes. Hugs and positive energy to everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
B
B
What is it with these guys? My xh had an easy ride financially to, and then claimed poverty on many occasions - he also moved unnecessarily far away, had made a life there and now says that is a factor in his non-relationship with his kids, as if it was something that 'happened to him'

Maybe that is the clue - they feel that life is happening to them rather than them 'happening life' if you see what I mean.

It is odd. More and more I see that while the actual words they speak don't seem true, there is a truth in them. Their truth is strange.

G
OP Offline
G
2 hour massage-check. Needed that.
30 minute hot oil scalp massage-check. Needed that too.

Had to go to a party last night at (gasp!!!!) a nightclub. Have I told you guys in the ultimate non nightclub chick? As in never in my life have have I like nightclubs?

But I dusted my 40 something self off...put on one of those black bodycon dresses and my 5 inch knee high boots ( I was terrified someone was going to think I was selling something at one point:-) and went. And I looked pretty gosh darn hot if I say so myself. Just not my scene. But it was for work.

How's this for gal??? The people that want me to come work for them are here in Vegas now too so I will grab a drink with them one night.

Happy Monday! Positive energy to everyone.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
job Offline
I'm glad you went to the nightclub. Even if you aren't a nightclub chick, it gave you an opportunity to get out there and enjoy yourself. Sounds like you are fitting in some relaxing, but fun things to do after work.

Definitely meet up with the people that want you to come work for them. This is a very good opportunity to talk and see what's on their minds.

Enjoy your time in Vegas!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Job. You know I always love your words of wisdom.

Well folks, I made myself do something every night in Vegas. Met with the friends about work and had a great time. The friend had an employee with him and the guy was telling me about his recent engagement. He was in his early 50s, never married, and engaged to this very attractive 40 something woman with 4 kids. I was really moved by the way he described the way he felt about her. He said he "knew" this was it and he was taking parenting classes and ready to embrace her family. My friend nudged me and said, "See, GB. There is hope for you and your baggage." I like to think of it as more of a set of luggage. And please know, that didn't offend me. The friend knows my humor:)

The last night I was tempted to stay in but got shamed by some friends to go out so I did. Peer pressure! I saw a Cirque show. Love those shows. I saw many couples of course, and I was okay by myself. Sometimes you meet more entertaining people by yourself:) Always feel like I want to audition but I feel like I may have missed my calling at 42...ya know???

I was glad to see my people when I got home. It was x Mr. GB's weekend and the boys went. D10 stayed with me and we had girl time. X Mr. GB's gf's dad died (he was 84) and x Mr. GB sent me a message asking if I could watch the dog for "them." I couldn't give 2 figs about "them" at this point. However, I passed on the opportunity for some good humor and said, "kids and I will watch dog and please bring food." X Mr. GB sent me lots of old photos while I was in Vegas saying he had been "looking at these all of the time." I just said, "Oh, look how little the kids were. Cute pics!" I keep feeling like he "misses" our friendship, and I remind myself that I was fired from those roles. I'm always pleasant and that's all I can handle right now.

I was a bit weepy on the way to work today. Some days I feel like a cliche'-the divorced attention seeking mom. Although, I seek attention in a more subdued manner than many I see. I don't feel quite so desperate to be desired, wanted, etc. I'm sure that will come back-probably in the next hour. I can't imagine waking up next to someone or being in a R again. Seems so....foreign??? Hopefully, I can imagine that again. I don't know....it seems like another lifetime.

Some days are better than others. I still fight the "ugliest girl in the world syndrome" although that's been better as of late. I am trying desperately to prevent my daughter from inheriting "this."

I've been quietly following along with many threads. Sending everyone a hug:)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard