Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2540321 02/20/15 02:08 AM
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Old thread is locked, here's the link: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2535651#Post2535651

Time to start a new one, here we go......

Last edited by rppfl; 02/20/15 02:09 AM.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
M
M
Hello lady. He is a fool.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Good morning, everyone! Last night about bedtime I realized that the heater in half the house wasn't working, unfortunately, the bedroom half. So, we put extra blankets on the beds and all lived to tell about it. H is going to come look at it this afternoon.

I recognize that H has been exceptional at taking care of a house he doesn't live in. He agreed to it, and he's living up to it, I just wonder when he's going to get tired of it. But I won't worry about it, I'll just enjoy it while I can, and keep the numbers of the repairmen handy.

I have dinner out tonight, and then not too much planned for the weekend, as it's my weekend with D12. We'll find something fun to do. wink

Quote:
I recognize that H has been exceptional at taking care of a house he doesn't live in. He agreed to it, and he's living up to it, I just wonder when he's going to get tired of it. But I won't worry about it, I'll just enjoy it while I can, and keep the numbers of the repairmen handy.

Mine did it for a really long time, rpp. I use a handyman (referred to me by a friend), but I do occasionally barter his handyman expertise in exchange for something he wants or needs me to do. That used to be a resentment trap for us, but no longer. He told me after some time that it would be unfair to the kids to have the house in a state that if he could fix, he should. He just felt like it was his contribution toward taking care of his family. But reno projects? Nope. I don't ask him to do those. But wish I could. He's really good at that. grin

Have fun tonight! I also have my D17 and wish my D20 was here, as she turns 21 on Sunday. But... we're supposed to get some heavy snow all weekend, which might put a damper on my college get together on Sunday. Since I went to college in VA, this is a big deal. 18" of snow might cancel that, and I'll be bummed. Oh well.

Take care and enjoy your D12!

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Bets, I think the part about taking care of his family is accurate. After all, WAS or not, his kids live here, and in my case H still owns half of it.

As I've mentioned, a year ago I wanted to quit my job and be a SAHM. I've been so happy these past couple of weeks, and I feel like I'm doing the things around the house that I've been wanting to do forever. It's too bad that I don't have the financial capability of making this permanent. Unless I start playing the lottery......

Everyone stay safe in the snow and cold!

Last edited by rppfl; 02/20/15 06:19 PM.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Dinner last night with the "other" meet up group was nice. I like the guy who organizes it, and there's another lady that seems like we could be friends. We went to a Mexican restaurant way down south of me, not an area I go to a lot, and it was yummy.

Today I picked up D12 from basketball practice (H had dropped her off at practice) and we picked up food and ate on our back porch, the weather has warmed up and it was lovely. Then we rearranged the porch furniture because H had put it there in a place I never wanted, without asking (much like the desk in the bedroom). I am much happier with it now.

D12 and I are going flooring shopping now, the carpet in the bedrooms is old and in need of replacing, but this might turn into a whole-house project, depending on what we pick out. Right now, I'm not ready to make that kind of decision or tackle that kind of project, but it can't hurt to look.

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Off to church, which is always an adventure these days!

Let me know how the window shopping goes... I went window shopping with friends last week who are contemplating a Murphy bed for their guest room, but I wound up buying one for mine. Then I started thinking (probably the first problem). I need to replace flooring in all 4 bedrooms. So... I decided I'll install the new bed in my now D21s room and now I'm installing hardwood floors there and in my upstairs hallway. Now i need to prime her room and paint while I don't have to tape off. Did you follow all that? It's all because I went window shopping...

Keep up the great work with your social life. It's awesome!

Hugs...

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
V
V
RPP

Glad the home issues are resolving and you have time to invest for a change

V

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Let me know how the window shopping goes... I went window shopping with friends last week who are contemplating a Murphy bed for their guest room, but I wound up buying one for mine. Then I started thinking (probably the first problem). I need to replace flooring in all 4 bedrooms. So... I decided I'll install the new bed in my now D21s room and now I'm installing hardwood floors there and in my upstairs hallway. Now i need to prime her room and paint while I don't have to tape off. Did you follow all that? It's all because I went window shopping...
Yep, totally follow that. And this all started because D12 needs new bedroom furniture, and wants the walls painted. So it makes sense to re-do the flooring before painting. But if I do her room, I'm going to do all of the kids bedrooms because the carpet is identical in all their rooms and the same age. And while I'm at it, I might as well re-do my room also. And then maybe the hallway on that end of the house, and then suddenly, I've destroyed every floor in the entire house! Well, I haven't gotten to that point yet, but I'm trying to think through what will be the best option. LOL You are right, it's the thinking that gets us into trouble. wink

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard