Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
B
OP Offline
B
Quote:
Or, maybe his w locked him up in a closet and took his phone and computer away, LOL

Ha ha ha!!

I love you guys. Seriously my surgery was very minor: I had major surgery a few years back and now it has settled the [gorgeous] surgeon wanted a small tidy up to make it perfect.

Can't tell you how fabulous the staff were - and there is no pain. I mean not a tingle even. Just feeling a bit steam rollered.

And I love netflix . . . .

B
OP Offline
B
I often think it would be a good idea if we had a buddy system for dealing with MLC - you find a 'match' and swap each other's MLCer. It is so much easier, especially in the early stages for the outsider to see just how nuts they really are.

Anyway my little cuckoo is now sending me poems, well a poem!! It feels very very strange. He is bouncing around all over the place - three or four emails some days and then long(ish) gaps.

I am not sure how harmless he really is, after all this time, but he is certainly still out to lunch for all practical purposes.

Flashes of lucidity, even charm, bits of battiness . . . . and still that awful sense of entitlement. It is like dealing with someone with multiple personalities. My adult children are similarly bemused by the reappearance of this man into their lives. Might be another longish touch and go. Thing is, I have become used to living without him and his input into my life. I am finding it very strange, and not necessarily in a good way.

job Offline
Bea,
What types of things did he do to impress you when you first met and began to date? I know it's been a while, but going back to that particular time may give you some clues as to what's going on w/him at this time. From what you've posted, it's almost like he's trying to get your attention and win you over.

Yes, he's still out to lunch...but he may very well be trying to relive that particular time and is trying to wake up, but he's still caught in the time warp.

Don't be surprised if he continues to step up his game w/flowers and little token gifts.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
Wow, that is going back a bit

Quote:
What types of things did he do to impress you when you first met and began to date?

We went to the theatre a lot, as I recall. Actually he once wrote me a poem!! He was a tremendous romantic.

When we met recently we went to the restaurant for lunch we went to on our honeymoon. I suggested other places, but he was sure that is where he wanted to eat lunch. And we walked where we used to walk . . . .

So yes, you may be right. confused

job Offline
I think he's traveling down memory lane right about now. He may be trying to grow up and return to the land of the living...but time will tell on that one.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
I also think they know when we finally detach - I have a concerned interest in what is happening, but nothing riding on the coat tails, if you know what I mean?

My life is rich and full and blessed. Even if he makes it through the tunnel - what then? My life will go on as before - but maybe with fewer threats of lawsuits. That would be good.

I am certainly not lending him my sds drill!!

C
C
Originally Posted By: beatrice
He is bouncing around all over the place - three or four emails some days and then long(ish) gaps.

So if I remember correctly he really had vanished for a very long period of time and this behavior is quite different from his normal MLC behavior?
If you can call anything about MLC normal that is?
It is an interesting development, thanks for sharing.

Me-70, D37,S36
B
OP Offline
B
Cadet - I think something has shifted, but I am not sure if it isn't me! I am finally very detached from the drama.

I was somewhat detached for years, but he could still get to me. In the last few months I let got totally.

I honestly do not really care if he goes back into the tunnel, sues me, or plays nice. OK, slight preference for nice, but not at all sure where I would ever want to go with that.

Zero expectations

And yes, long periods with no contact, and occasional bursts of contact, but never for as long as this. And it always ended with him spewing and getting angry, and me feeling bad.

Now if he wants to spew at me - his problem.

My sense of self worth has expanded too.

job Offline
Bea,
Yes, things have "shifted". You aren't responding to his odd behavior and he does sense that. You've detached to the point that nothing surprises you (really) and you keep on moving on w/o skipping a beat. He does know that something's changed about you and he's doing so "wooing" to see if he hook you back into his life.

I think you've got a very good handle on your situation and it's going to be very interesting in the months ahead to see what he does.

I do hope you are feeling better.

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you Job - I am feeling so well. The surgeon did amazing work. We are so blessed to be living in these times.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard