Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
B
OP Offline
B
Mighty and Job - thank you for your input.

Mighty - my being where I am, like Rome, wasn't built in a day!!

Lord I was a mess for the longest time. We have to lean into God hard during these times, to give us the strength to see it through.

What I am doing now I am choosing to do because of the person I want to be. Truly your xh will be a mess at some point, and not have a clue as to how he got there . . . .

I have no expectations of my xh, just hope he can finally get his sh*t together for his children's sake, and his own.

W
W
Bea,

Thanks for sharing. I do hope XH does get his chit together soon only for his sons.

Fingers crossed....

I wonder what his new wife thinks from her side of the coin....ah we shall never know.

Last edited by Wonka; 02/16/15 07:42 PM.
B
OP Offline
B
Hi, just back from a couple of days away - walking in the spring sunshine.

I gather that the boys are not impressed with their father's approaches, feeling it is too little and too late - I have told them firmly that I support their father's attempts to have a better relationship, but it is up to them.

I didn't break it, and I can't fix it. Just facilitate where possible and hope that there is a real will to mend things

B
OP Offline
B
Interesting - total radio silence from xh for the past four days . . . . . after weeks of hectic emailing. Not even a 'hope the surgery went well'

I had no expectations btw. I think we may have been the latest bright shiny thing to attract his attention.

It is something of a relief, but it is like a faucet has been turned off, and I have no idea why.

Oh well, it is probably back to suing me.

job Offline
Bea,
I'm not surprised by the silence. I've seen this happen many times over. They come out, profess that they want a relationship w/the family and then poof! Back in the rabbit hole. He got his ego kibbles for a bit when you were posting to him and meeting up w/him to discuss things and to listen to what he had to say. In his mind, he thinks you are right where he left you and you'll be there no matter what to help him w/his sons, if need be. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize that you've been moving forward for a long time.

He'll contact you again when he's having another moment of clarity. His coming out of the rabbit hole was just to see if you were still there.

Take care of yourself.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
I am sure you are right! He did seem a bit nicer this time around which was a bonus - a bit less entitled and self justifying.

I am having a nice restful time post operation, lolling on the couch and watching netflix.

job Offline
Pamper yourself a bit and take it easy. Tomorrow is another day.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
B
Bea, I think I missed it somewhere that you were supposed to have a surgery. I’m glad you are doing well. Take care of yourself.

I agree with job about your xh. I also think that he is processing the recent events. Or, maybe his w locked him up in a closet and took his phone and computer away, LOL

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
W
W
Bea,

Wishing you a speedy recovery! Glad Mr. Planet Zog is leaving you alone at this time so you can enjoy your Netflix movies.

M
M
Rest well, bea. Glad things went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery and are able to relax now and enjoy your down time. Happy netflixing!

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard