Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#2537660 02/12/15 10:21 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2537661 02/12/15 10:24 PM
M
M
Oh, honey... I'm so sorry. I know it stings and feels like rejection... and well... I know how THAT feels right now! BUT. WAIT! I don't think it is as bad as you think. I really don't!

I think they see your talent and like you, so they need to find the right fit for you. They want to utilize your talents to the fullest extent. They know you have them, so they are looking to guide you to use them!

Heather, I know it feels like a set back, but this could be what is in store for you. Where you were supposed to go. I know some things fit. Some things feel right with you being there. Now, they are willing to help you figure out another piece- your job, to be the right fit.

It's OK! You can do this. And, what's the worst that could happen? This hurts and is so uncomfortable right now. I get it. And the feeling of nothing solid to hold on to... ugh. To feel like you are trying to take on the world alone... But, Heather- you have been doing it. And you have grown so much. So, if this doesn't work out... well.... that just means you aren't there yet- you haven't found exactly where you will excel to be the best you... the happiest and most fulfilled you!

This could be the best thing that has happened at this job. AND! You still have one! It's ok to ask questions. To ensure you are doing what they want. That you are reaching their goal with them. I think job said to reiterate what they are saying while still in the meeting.

There is someone whom I work with now, who is in a boss-like position. And, in meetings, what she says is, "So what I'm hearing is......"

She usually does this after listening to everyone kind of go off, complain, talk, brainstorm, whatever. But, she always clarifies at the end, to ensure she understands and everyone is on the same page. Just a suggestion.

This could be such a positive, Heather. Let go of the rejection and fear. They are not rejecting you. I see some good things that they are saying to you. Maybe you could reread and only highlight the positives. Things that you looked at with a sensitive eye (I know what that feels like).

Now, with d12... Wonka may be on to something. Maybe she does not want a schedule like that... but maybe that's what she needs right now? I will be honest, I don't know the particulars of the situation, but I am just thinking that something may need to change with this.

I can tell you schools are better equipped to handle an array of personalities and challenges. Your d isn't necessarily going to be put in special ed, however, don't not do it because of a misconceived, old-school connotation. It could be an amazing place for her. Someplace she thrives and has fun. Meets new friends and people. It would be an adjustment, but... she has been adjusting for quite some time now.

It may be something to consider, Heather. I do think that there would be a lot of benefits. And, there may be some after school clubs or activities for her, too. And, it would save you $ from having to pay for some of those activities. And, can you imagine the burden it would lift from you.

Homeschooling is a huge task to take on. And, really, can you do that right now? If you could take that all off your plate, and know that d12 was in a safe place with people who have her best interest at heart, where she will meet new people and friends and participate in activities, and you could focus on you and your job! Then, your time with d12 will be like a whole different r!

I don't know. I have to be honest; I'm not sure all the details, but something has got to give.

Hang in there.

Mighty #2537664 02/12/15 10:31 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I agree. Something has to give.

I have a pain in my neck that refuses to go away. I've gained weight, struggled with acne since we've moved here.

I'm scared. I don't want to bring more hardship on D12.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

LoisB #2537707 02/13/15 12:03 AM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I broached the subject of attending public school to D12. She yelled, curled into a fetal position and hid her head for a few minutes before heading upstairs to her room.

I was very gentle. I just asked if maybe it would be better, so she could make some friends. I will leave her alone for a bit.

LoisB #2537835 02/13/15 11:55 AM
L
L
Good luck today Lois,

Just be the strong lady we all have seen and you will do well.

I agree with all the comments to getting your daughter into the school system. I believe it will do your daughter a lot of good, but may be painful at first. Isolation can be the worst thing for kids who have obstacles to overcome like your daughter. It will be hard for you as her mother to not protect your daughter, but remember the negative results that can happen because of over protective parents who allow their children to gradually withdraw from society.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
job Offline
Heather,
Dress smartly, hold your head up high, back straight, put a smile on your face and take your paperwork with you, as well as a note pad to take notes. Be sure to ask questions. Try to remember to repeat back to the team what you've heard to ensure that you and the team are on the same page.

This may be a golden opportunity for you because you may not have as many assignments and can actually relax a bit w/o someone looking over your shoulder 24/7. Keep looking at the glass as half full, not half empty.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2537861 02/13/15 01:28 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Do I admit that I'm tired?

I look at that list they prepared and...do I just say, "Yup, I can do it." Or. Am I honest and let them know that I think their expectations are a bit unrealistic?

D12 admitted to me last night that she is ready to try school. But, she is scared...Me too.

LoisB #2537863 02/13/15 01:33 PM
job Offline
No, you do not admit that you are tired. That looks like an excuse to them.

You have to be honest w/them when it comes to their expectations and what you can actually do. Don't agree to take on work if you can't handle it. They would rather you be honest about what you can and can't do then to hear you say I can do it and then not be able to live up to what you said you could do. You discuss work and nothing more.

I'm glad your daughter wants to try school. Sure, she's scared, but I know she can do this. If it doesn't work out, you can remove her from the school, but you've got to try it. She needs social and human interactions daily.

The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2537864 02/13/15 01:36 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
They are expecting me to do everything on that list.

Is it appropriate to ask?.."So, if I fulfill these obligations...for such-and-such a time...when can I expect some help in the form of a reporter on staff?"

LoisB #2537869 02/13/15 01:44 PM
job Offline
No, you state that you need help in the way of reporters and staff in order to fulfill everything on that list in a successful manner. You can't do all of that by yourself. Do not try to put yourself in a hole by agreeing to fulfill that entire list. That's what sets you up to fail. Be honest with them and YOURSELF that you can't do all of this solo. You are not super woman and I can guarantee you that no one else can do all of that stuff by themselves each week either.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard