Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
W
T,

You're a true success story! You've come out of this experience much stronger, wiser, and more cute. Rockin' in a band?! How wonderful!

Your boys have learned a lot from watching you and interacting with you. You've shown them the way forward on how a man and father should look like. They'll be great husbands and fathers someday thanks to you.

How are things with the New Woman? Do your sons like her? How long have you been dating NW?

Keep it up...2015 is your year!

As a woman it is nice to read about men who are trying to be the best person they can be for the people in their family and for themselves. TSquared2 - only best wishes for you. Caliguy you are doing really well. I keep up with your sitch and you are farther along than you probably realize.

Thanks for being brave and sharing your lives on this board. Wishing you both a bright future.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

W
W
There are A Few Good Men out there...ya know, Gwen. Just sayin'...

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you all... smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

T
OP Offline
T
Something funny I have noticed during my journey here is the odd timing of my postings and real life meshing up. Coinciding.

Sure enough, I posted to some friends here and right after I was done, I got the final decree from my L.

I'm divorced.

It feels kinda weird.

Relief, yet I expect other emotions to visit, based on everyone's stories here and elsewhere.

One big thing checked off the list. Re-fi and taxes next.

Thing is, life goes on, it does get better.

I am thankful for all the people here who helped me so much on this journey, helped me grow into the man I am, taught me how to cook bacon... wink

M1A1 mode engaged.

Life is good.

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

L
L
Hi T^2,

I felt about the same as you are only about a month ago. Now at least you don't have lawyers or the court involved. So, yes it was a relief for me and now you. You can now move forward unhindered and make all the decisions for yourself without considering the court. You never know how things will change now that the big D is out of the picture and focus. Sit back, relax a bit, and keep doing the great things you are doing for you and your kids.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you LT smile

Yup, I'm going to take the weekend "off" a bit. Then back at the needful Monday.

R
R
I know you really tried everything you could to reconcile with your ex T2. Sorry that she is still so lost and broken, but I'm happy for you that you've moved on and are in a more fulfilling relationship now.

Divorce is not what any of us wanted or hoped for or ever expected in our lives, but it is definitely NOT the end of the world. More like the first day of the rest of our lives. And the rest of our lives will be awesome.

How are your boys holding up?

Linda

Me 65, Ex 64
M 38 y
2 adult S, 4 G-Kids
MLC 11/07
BD 12/09
D 3/14
Dating nice guy 7/14
Engaged to nice guy 12/17
M
M
Hi T2,
Must be a hard feeling. I guess it won't be long until I too will know that feeling. I'm so glad you have your boys with you, I know how much better I feel when I have my girls around...reminds me that even if my W is gone, I still have my family.

You did all you could and more. I hope that your W may find the peace you have some day. You have rose above it all and actually become better for it. I only hope I can do as well as you have.

W
W
T,

Originally Posted By: TSquared2

M1A1 mode engaged.

Call me dense. What's that?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard