Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Don't feel bad! It's so mild and since she has had so much practiced interaction with her siblings that she has learned a lot of the nuances of social queues. Aspie kids are usually smart because they are so focused on certain subjects and retain amazing amounts of information that would flood over most of us.

Did she tend to fixate on one subject at a time that would capture her attention. For Marc it was dinosaurs for about 6 months then it changed to sharks and then it was WWII. EVERYTHING WWII! He could write a dissertation on it!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
She and her sister have been working off and on on writing a book. They have chucked it a few times and changed things, taken a break and then started again.

She does zone out now and then and goes into her own universe. I think because she has always been quiet, she never has caused issues in class so her teachers have loved her. I have asked in the past if her teachers thought she was a bit off but they would always say she was great and a superstar. My special baby. smile

Tonight she said she wanted to be a teacher. I asked even if she didn't like people? She had to think about that.

Ughh, time for bed.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I volunteered to babysit today and they seemed happy about it. My son ended up having to work later today and then his GF was sick. She went to her parents for the superbowl but I had a lovely few hours with Anwen. The girls tried to calm her down when she cried but somehow Nana has the touch. What a sweet baby. She fell asleep holding my hand.

I find myself missing my son so much even though I do get to see him at least once a week. He is seeing why I am still crazy about them all and why I still worry. What a daddy he is!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
Awwwww! So sweet!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have been super busy and then sick and then superbusy and sick yet again. I suppose that is one way to slow me down! I have had some wonderful time with the baby but darn if I don't let that throw me off my work plans and then I have to make up that time. Just hard for me to say no to getting to see them when I can.
So I was home sick on Sunday and went home from work yesterday with a fever. I went to the pharamcy to see if they could recommend anything to help me feel better...no, sounds like you have the flu. Lots of rest and fluids. Sleeping nearly two days away, I feel better. Bogged down at work, playing catch up and then I will need to work the second job too.

Now s22 will be moving out in about a month against my better judgement. Darn if kids don't have to learn the hard knocks on their own. Then it will just be us girls. Won't that be interesting?

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am still alive out here.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
B
B
Sorry you have been sick Kat. Seems to be a lot of that going around the country. Hopefully Spring will usher in wellness and an end to the cold and flu season.

Will S22 be moving far away or somewhere close by? Hopefully he will be close enough that you can still see him on a regular basis.

Hope you feel better soon!

BA

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Just remember, your S22 is doing what you raised him to do - be competent, have the ability to take care of himself and learn how to be happy on his own. smile

Hugs,
Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks guys. He will be moving over by my work so further from school and work but a safer part of town as far as apartments. Just hard to have them both move in less than 6 months of each other. I think it would be better for him until he finished school but when do they listen to my advice lately?

I get to keep being their rock.... And learning to be my own.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
LOL, Kat.

Quote:
I think it would be better for him until ...

I'm going to challenge you here, my friend. I found this one out the hard way. This entire phrase was the #1 reason that my D21 and I could barely speak to each other back in 2012. Because I'm logical, I'm older, can see pitfalls and consequences, and well, generally, I'm right! (I'm not even kidding about that!)

She chose a school in the north pole. She chose a major and minor I thought wouldn't be a good fit. She's moving off campus next year. Oh yeah, I have opinions. Some of them synch with hers (like moving off campus, though 2 years ago, I wouldn't have agreed). Most of them don't. They have to do things their own way, exactly like we did when we were 21 and 22. They have to learn from their mistakes to grow. Or they show us that we actually don't know what's best for them! I've had to tell her periodically over the past few years that I was dead wrong about a lot of things.

Eating crow isn't a strong suit for me. But I'm getting better at it with each passing year. I think somewhere between 2012 and 2015, I figured out that she doesn't need me as her mother anymore. She wants me in her life as her friend and trusted confidante. Isn't that what I was supposed to do?

Your S22 is showing you that he's capable of growth and change. He's adaptable and finding his place in this mad world. You raised him to be a good son, brother, friend, lover and father. I'd say that is a HUGE W in the win column, Kat. You've done your job well. His path might not be what you had envisioned, but chances are, your path wasn't what your folks wanted for you either. wink

I think you're a rock star. So now it's time to put your money where your mouth is: trust that son of yours. He's proving your fears to be irrelevant! Even if they turn out to be right, he's going to grow from this. Awesome sh!t. Really.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Too...Much...Stress! So you all know S22 is moving, not only is it like him leaving but all of his friends as well. My mom who is post menopausal, has had some bleeding. Waiting for results. My d16 who I have been super close to, is being a teenager in full force and I can't say anything right. My boss has a family emergency and I am holding down the fort and getting questions, I haven't had before. After 8 years I thought I had heard them all.

D14 keeps trying to figure out why she doesn't like people and I am trying to help her with that. Yes my plate is overflowing ( don't forget my second job) and I really need a couple of thing to solve themselves or fall off my plate.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard