Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Wow, rpp, that's amazing. I mean really amazing. It's like passing the bar the first time. You *should* be proud of yourself, because that's a really big accomplishment.

Side note -- relating to ^^^^^ accomplishment-- have you thought of hanging out your own shingle? I have 2 friends (who are parents' of D20's friends) who have left the corporate world and done just this. One's a dad and the other a mom to a physically disabled girl of 21. They both cater to small businesses and the dad specifically created a niche for start ups. They both work from home when they need to and set their schedule to work within their constraints. The money is fabulous, to boot.

I can't tell you how many people in the course of my bookkeeping gig ask me for accountant recommendations. In fact, that weird text the other day was an assumption that I *was* the CPA and not the bookkeeper. And I definitely told him I don't even do my own. LOL. (Isn't this the equivalent of the defendant who acts as his own attorney? Which we all know what that means...) Besides, I don't have your qualifications.

I know the the mom to the girl really loves the variation in her job. She spends a lot of time connecting with people she really likes and respects. I personally think it sounds like a great job. If only I got my degree in accounting and finished my MBA... instead, I have to live vicariously through you guys.

Anyhoo, just a thought. Also... the CPA firm that does my taxes (personally and professionally since I'm the officer) is always looking for a staff accountant. I know these firms are out there because I know people who work for them. They pay well, and the good ones are family oriented. They allow crunch work at home since everything is done over the network anyway. Flexibility AND great pay would be hard to turn down. Plus you'd get the benefits that way.

Okay, time to head to D17's basketball game. Or in her case, socialization mid court. grin

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
R
R
Even more Impressed By you now !!!!!!!!!! Take Care. Rd

S
S
For the record, I have ALWAYS been impressed by you, even without knowing your CPA test score. wink

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Awwww.....now I"m all blushing and stuff......

And there are some things going on with the job that I just can't talk about. And that includes interactions with H about it all. But just suffice it to say that I did see/talk with/email/text H today, and it was almost all job related.

AND, this is bigger news, D16 finally went over to her dad's place tonight. It's the first time she's been to even see the place, and she's going to spend the night. I told her I was glad, and we talked about the best route to get herself to school tomorrow, traffic can be nasty here. Overall, I think she's beginning to thaw. wink

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
J
J
You know I'm a big fan of yours too, RPP.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
A
A
rpp, per your post on ralice's thread, of course I'll stick around for you. You'll get to a good place, and are already making steps to get there. You're obviously a very smart, competent person with lots going for you. I know you'll be fine.

M: 43 H: 39
D: 14
Married 15 Together 16
BD: 6/2014
S: 8/2014
OW revealed 10/2014
Instigated dissolution 12/2014, in progress
So over it!
L
L
Originally Posted By: rppfl

As distressing as having to look for a new job is, I'm not really all that unhappy to be leaving my old one. It's unfortunate that it rips away my church home with it, at least for now, but maybe I'm needed somewhere else.

I'm still holding on to the idea it's going to be my best year ever. smile

Let your year be what it will, knowing full well that you can handle whatever comes.

Try not to predict what will happen around your church, cause we just don't know. While it must be sad and you might feel a bit of abandonment let that emotion move through and then roll with it. Life has a way of showing us our next steps, we can be unhappy, clinging to the past and creating more unhappiness or we can be curious and open.

Those wants, they get us every time wink

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
SunnyB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
So...let me whine for a moment. I have previously posted about how late H always worked, how on the only two occasions I ever asked him to come home early he got there at 8pm. How he couldn't come to his kids games after school because they were "in the middle of his workday".

So today is his overnight with D12 but I'm with her at physical therapy. He just texted me to say he was leaving the office, could I drop her at his place. And my question is---since when has he ever left the office at 5:30? What the he!!? Why didn't I ever get 5:30? I'm feeling just a little jealous and cheated right now.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
R
R
Oooohhhh do I hear you on that one. STBX always has to bid for shifts and miraculously 2 months after BD he started getting one weekend day off. So convenient.

And, not that I would have ever asked him to dress like a cowboy, but I do remember the grief I got for asking him to put on something besides a t-shirt and shorts to go to dinner :-)

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
S
S
Yeah, rpp, I hear ya. Last year this VERY time H couldn't be bothered to make it to ANY of D's basketball game but one. The one he spent behind the bleachers on his phone the entire time. Now, suddenly he's available for every karate class, tournament, every school function (that I've been going to alone since she was old enough to attend school) and up to enjoy breakfast with her and take her to school on his days.

Dont' get me wrong, I love it for D. It's awesome in every single way but man, what I wouldn't have given for him to get up with us in the chaos that is the morning. Or to hear him cheer for her at a game. Or to be home for dinner (at ANY TIME) and not seem annoyed that I even asked.

In the end, I'm grateful though. D has a dad, something she didn't have pre BD.

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard