Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
D
D
Originally Posted By: SRD
Plus point.

I cycled into work today which is always good.
A woman in the office was flirting with me. I know i know nothing in it but stroked my ego a little.
To be honest my sex drive has completly dissapeared since this all came out

So being cheated on took your sex drive? It can do that. It's psychological.

I found that salsa dancing with a receptive and friendly lady brought back some man feelings I didn't know where down there...

O
Ontheup Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Another night of sat on couch with someone who looks like sounds like my wife but isn't my wife. A little chit chat but nothing else. I haven't said one word about R or OM since BD. In a mood where I'm sort of past caring. I'm sure this will change again. What I still feel really sh1t about is our d8. Again tonight she was talking about holidays . This is a control issue. There is nothing I can do about this situation. My wife as I know her checked out, we will be seperating (her request) and my daughter will have 2 homes. I will just be the best I can be as that is all I can control

Me:40 W:35
D:8
T:13 M:10
WAW: 7/14
PA Discovered: 1/15 at least 6 months
Moved out and moved on

O
Ontheup Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted By: DaddyLongShanks
Plus point.

A woman in the office was flirting with me. I know i know nothing in it but stroked my ego a little.

So being cheated on took your sex drive? It can do that. It's psychological

I found that salsa dancing with a receptive and friendly lady brought back some man feelings I didn't know where down there...

I'm not worrying about it for now. Not like they're lining up smile

Theres always the magic pill if it continues

Moved out and moved on

D
D
Originally Posted By: DaddyLongShanks
Plus point.

So being cheated on took your sex drive? It can do that. It's psychological

I'm not worrying about it for now. Not like they're lining up smile

Theres always the magic pill if it continues

It's not good to allow that part of your psychology to become "knocked down". Doesn't matter if they are lining up or not, you don't want that to be trained to be your norm by your WAW.

C
C
SRD, what are you actually actively doing to detach and GAL?
It all sounds like you need a change of heart still. I mean I'm still not over it and circling around with my feelings, but deep down you need to know what the 'right' thing to do is.
I was an atheist for most of my life, but I actually started praying. I don't know if it's God who is answering or if it's just a great form of meditation...but I DO get answers. And I started to believe that if you let God/Jesus in you and your marriage, you will know what's the right thing to do eventually. It's called non selfish love. I'm still not there myself but the thoughts are helping me a lot to deal with the situation and to find more peace with myself.
Don't go with your bad rnotions, don't let them control you!

And by the way. Your W ISN'T your W anynore. What's in her head right now is real. It might change but it is what it is in this moment.
But you can speak for YOURSELF! Be strong and confident towards your W, but be it to yourself first. Everything starts with yourself!

Last edited by Complex; 01/27/15 02:04 AM.

Me 32 (German) Wife 28
T 3yrs M 2yrs
Moved to US for W
No kids
BD 6/2014
In house separation
Confirmed EA 1/2015
(ongoing since BD)
OM not ready
Real D talk started 1/27/15

O
Ontheup Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Hey complex

Im still struggling with the deaching and GAL mainly because we have D8 and she is the most important thing to us. So its impossible for me to being going out every night to gym etc as I do still have to take care of her. she doesnt know what is going on and i dont want het to until the time is right

I have though gone back to work at the office more days rather than staying at home. Started ice skating with my daughter , take my daughter horse riding.
I am being civil with my wife and friendly expecially when daughter is around and just trying to be as normal as possible but im no longer sat there chatting to her about what is going on in her life like we were. No more texts during the day unless she texts me relating to D. No more calling her during teh day
Right up to the point of BD we were still best friends. She wanted best of both worlds. My wife is only going to realise she has lost her best friend when i have gone. I will be freindly and civil for our daughters sake but thats it. Im still not sure in my mind that i actually want her back. I think at the moment a lot of it has to do with my ego. It will be tough going forward especially on my D but it is what it is. My wife thinks there is happiness over the rainbow somewhere. We all know in reality that isnt true. Her affair will not stop as they own a business together. Not easy to distance yourself from OM. As it stands she isnt prepared to give her business up. I must move on.

Moved out and moved on

O
Ontheup Offline OP
OP Offline
O
Im not a religious man but the weird thing is i have felt like going to church. They say people find religion when they have lost something and are most in need. After a death usually.

Moved out and moved on

D
D
Im not a religious man but the weird thing is i have felt like going to church. They say people find religion when they have lost something and are most in need. After a death usually.

Even if you are not into Christianity... Going into a good church will put positivity and hope into you. Just listen to the word and allow it to get in.

O
Ontheup Offline OP
OP Offline
O
ooh

Low blow from the wife. Asking about taking our D8 away on holiday with her brother and his family in April. Without me of course.

I replied being friendly saying that would be fine.

Moved out and moved on

O
Ontheup Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I'm looking at my wife again and trying to put my rational hat on. Do I really want to be with this person? Ok I've made my mistakes to but this person has sh1t all over me and our family for months whilst blaming me. For about 3 years before that she has at times treated me like a door matt. My confidence hit and all time low. Time apart will do me good as well. I'll be able to reflect and make some informed decisions without all the noise going on around me. I'm already planning on getting back into some hobbies I haven't done for years. Painting and might look at joining a gym again up the ice skating and increase the cycling. That's as well as all the cool stuff I already do with my daughter.

Moved out and moved on

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard