Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
mahhhty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Lost! I really need this during a bad week. As always thank you!

M
mahhhty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Just got this back from the IC about the letter. "My thoughts about the letter is that you should hold off till some of the emotion of the divorce begins to settle for each of you, and you should speak from your heart. I understand what you are trying to convey, but it feels as though you are speaking to and about someone really distant from you, not someone that you have spent years together with."

Definitely right. Not sure I know how to speak to her now.

Had a few conversations today with her about the paperwork. It was a mess. She continually pushes and I feel like the words are manipulated constantly to put me down and lift her up or continue the defensiveness. I'm trying to meet her with compassion but I don't have the techniques or tools down pat in the moment to do it.

I'm really worried about her, she isn't doing well.

Georgia B - I only get your posts like weeks after you post them. Perhaps you are right and she's with someone. l don't care. I can't control that, and although it would be great to know what the real reason is. Thats not the real problem. The problem is her and I.

Almost forget. Met with my DB Coach today. She's the best. I'm thankful I have her.

Signing papers most likely tomorrow. Closing on the house Saturday AM. Then OFF the GRID. Climbing Mt Washington (which is currently -30 deg). Brrrrrrr. It can't come soon enough.

Last edited by mahhhty; 01/23/15 03:10 AM.
M
mahhhty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
T-Minus 1 and 1/2 hour until I sign Divorce Papers.

Can someone go sign for me?

Any suggestions???

S
S
I hope you're doing well with this, mahhhty. I thought about you today. Don't forget that you are strong and will get through this. You choose your happiness, not her.

M: 8.5 T:10
Me:37 W:34 S:6

Retrouvaille and W moves back- 7/31/15
Piecing - 7/4/15 to present
L
L
((()))

I know that must be very hard. I hope you're ok!

Me-44 (45)
H- 50 (51)
M-'96

S-18(20)D-15(17)D-12(14)

BD Feb 2014 (he works overseas)
home Oct(sep rooms)
(EAs possible Pa's unconfirmed)
insists wants D through July 2015
no more talk of D since
M
mahhhty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm back. I signed divorce papers on Friday. I closed on the house on Saturday morning. I had three friends come over. We then went to the mountains. We started hiking Saturday afternoon, slept in a cabin on the trail, and tried to summit on Sunday. We didn't unfortunately, the weather conditions were too much, -42 degrees, NW wind of 76 mph with gusts up to 82. It was exhilarating. We had a great time even though it was harsh conditions. I am now on business travel until Wed. And then this weekend I am going to pick up the kids and head to my sister's for Super Bowl weekend.

While we were signing, I made her laugh multiple times with jokes or stories about the kids. Then I agreed to take the papers to the court, and I brought them. Not her. I thought that was interesting.

Squiggy & Lost... thanks for looking out for me. I appreciate it!

Me: 32 W: 29 T:8 M: 6 D4 S2
M - 8/2008
W is not happy - 1/2014
W wants D - 9/2014
W moved out - 11/2014
D filed - 1/23/2015
D'ed - 2/25/2015
Gave X the Letter - 11/10/2015
M
mahhhty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Another interesting piece. We started officially dating after I returned from a 24 day backpacking trip in Costa Rica (she picked me up from the airport). That was 9 years to the day we divorced. Irony... I'm starting to think not.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard