Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
edz #2532468 01/30/15 12:01 AM
J
J
Hi Vanilla,

Sounds like your making really good progress on those returns. Good luck with getting them all done (although i suspect your the kind of person that makes their own luck)

Hope you have a really good and productive day

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
edz #2532482 01/30/15 12:24 AM
G
G
Lambies good with a crooked leg, doesn't stop him running Into you at full tilt.

Atm he's been soggy wet, so please hug from a distance he's like a huge wet ball of cotton wool! Drenched.

I don't want you to be sick again nilla.

We understand the whole very busy tax nilla.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Gg: I just love Lambie, so I wont mind a wet shaggy coat. its a he so not a ewe then, more a ram!

Lambie would ram me with his wet coat. What a lovely lad.

Jim, RD and Edz here is my report to the Executive Committee in charge of morale:

Sitting here still struggling, we still have 22 to submit. Acquired portfolio.....

These guys have forgotten that every partnership has multiple returns, one for the partnership and one for each partner
They also have missed that all directors irrespective of tax jurisdiction and earnings of UK companies must file a return, so we have found small family companies where spouses have not filed for years, and the clients have no log-ons. So we can not use our systems we are having to create log-ons with HMRC to file so acquired staff will be here with the rest of us. Each log on needs a separate email address so we are having to set up email as well. What a shambles........

I have to say our dedicated HMRC helpline agents have been amazing to us and very helpful on admin and checking. Excellent better than previous years. I have absolutely no complaints at all so far. I know other accountants have not found this but I speak as I find.

So DB.........

Tax Nilla, not very amused at the moment with the behaviour of the acquired office. I am very glad I insisted the work came to my offices with a couple of staff. Acquired non tax partner keeps ringing up to find out if X or Y is done, and to tell us of a new nuance not on the tax files. He is reviewing the tax returns and he is remembering new facts from ad hoc meetings and calls. His PI insurers would have a field day. All calls, meetings and inspirations here are logged and marked to electronic as well as paper file. Should be no surprises. Plus all our documents go out by email not on bound paper. We find our clients like electronic on the whole.

So boundary check

Me: When you interrupt us then we can not get the returns submitted, as there are no fines and penalties for amendments then I suggest on Tuesday you send a report on those files you wished reviewed and amended. There is only interest. We are taking a very pragmatic view. Thinks: go away leave us alone
Acquired P: Well very......blah blah
Me: would you like us to continue to do this or should we close up at 5:30 tonight and restart on Monday at 9:00 in the morning?
Acquired P: Well I did not mean but you must see....Blah
Me: I would very much like you to leave your queries until Tuesday. No submitted tax return will be amended until then.
Acquired P: Unreasonable blah blah
Me: The staff are working long hours and will work tomorrow Saturday, yours and mine, so I have told them to take Monday off
Acquired P: Clients, service standards, blah blah
Me: I am getting back to work now and I am not expecting to hear from you until Tuesday. Have a good weekend

Phone down (spitting tacks but STFU). Now I bet that guy is a joy to live with, envy his wife? No way.......

Could not have had that conversation before DB, would have wimped out.

It works this DB stuff

Vanilla

Last edited by Vanilla; 01/30/15 04:38 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

J
J
I think you handled that well. Good job vanilla.

I would guess he is scrabbling for some sense of control because he knows youre right and you're bailing him out.

Not sure lambie would help with disruptions in the office though...

I hope your taking monday off as well

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
E
edz Offline
E
TI-Ming...

Just had a big barney with one of the sub support terms in singapore. The *individual* had taken it on himself to interpret control access rules to mean quietly removing access from accounts to run certain things. Result crash, bang as business schedules fail.

Queried with him this afternoon and his response was simply oh it doesnt have access. Old me would have said oh ok we'll sort manually whats the change process. New me just copied in the chain above him and said it had clearly HAD access please mitigate and we will discuss how to migrate.

It does work and it does change you. Or at least this whole process has!

Hang on in there V, BFT sends a meow along with a request for Dad to go and feed her, its getting near hungry time!

Last edited by edz; 01/30/15 04:53 PM.

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
edz #2532839 01/30/15 10:12 PM
D
D
Good for you, Vanilla! You are DBing all over the place. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Last day to go up hill and exhausted, brain weary. Come home for a change of clothes and a little rest. To catch up with my DB pals and post.

Jim Edz and Dawn thanks for your words. Looking forward to reaching the finish line.

A new strategy today as it is the last day. All available hands on processing at back office, get the returns in and little on front end with clients. Still a lot of work in front of me but the files and notifying clients (other than payers) can wait. Not ideal but the only rational solution. It is mainly 'easy' clients left. all the complex cases are resolved so keep on moving onwards.

Another hour of rest then back to it.

V

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Had to put my 1000 post on my own thread. Can not believe I gab this much!

V

V 64, WAW

D
D
I am glad you "gab" so much! I would miss you if you didn't. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thank you Dawn.

Well 7:15pm almost five hours to go and we have filed them all! Deadline met this time. Small pile about half a dozen to be checked on Monday.

Never again.

Now for the bubbles in the bubble bath and then V goes GAL , a 50 party for bestie's H in a Thai restaurant. The best Thai around, lovely.........

GAL score will rise just watch and from tomorrow V will be the exercise queen.

Cheers

V

V 64, WAW

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard