Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
It's my bank. Just called. It's a starter check and they won't accept it. I texted Smokey and told him it needs to Weatern U or electronic transfer.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm a bit relieved. Making pancakes for D12.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Smokey is asking for my bank account info. I'm not comfortable with this. Can't he send it Western Union?

Or, should I give it to him?

L
L
I would talk to your bank and see what they can recommend. I don't think I would give him that info unless bank says is ok.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
B
B
My initial reaction was don't give him your banking info but I just thought about it and its actually totally fine to give him that info and it will definitely make your life easier. He will not be able to access your money but he will be able to transfer money to you.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
L
If I was given account number and routing number, I can pay a lot of bills on line with that info as well as buy stuff.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
Heya Heather,

I gave that info to my XH. He used it to set up direct deposit, which I get every other Thursday. smile

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
job Offline
Give him the bank information and you can always monitor your account for a while to ensure that the money is coming in and none is being taken out.

I know you are trying to get things done and quickly, but you have to work with your lawyer. You have to trust him to do the right things for you. He's the one that knows the law and what can and can't take place. You are the one paying the money to have him do this. The more you do things on your own and not run them by him, the more tangled up the situation gets, the longer it will take and yes, the more money and effort it will cost to get things straightened out.

Call your mom and ask her to help you out with some money for the time being...but with the understanding that you will pay her back as soon as the checks start coming in.

Breathe. Stay calm and try not to panic. When you panic, you do things that you later regret. You have to remain calm and steady for this stuff.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
B
Your bank should have accepted the check and put a 5 day hold on the funds, with $ 200 same day availability. If its a CU it might be a different hold time and availablity amount.

Wiring instructions are generally considered safe as long as your bank has the proper security protocol in place. If neither of these are a good option for you, the next best solution is to get smokey to send a money order or cashiers check.
Good luck!

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thanks for all the feedback.

I ended up giving him the bank information and I was really impressed with how he handled things. He had an automatic deposit set up within 45 minutes. I had to help by giving him some information. He paid an additional $15 to make the money move through more quickly. He offered to overnight it if need be.

I know it could be temporary or just the fact the divorce is impending...but, I honestly think Smokey is having some clarity. Something feels very different.

I didn't give him any other information today and ended the conversation with him after the bank stuff was handled. I just told him to have a nice day.

IDK. I'm shelving it for now.

The perf. editor called me at 6 p.m. this evening and asked I call him back tonight to go over the paper. I set a boundary by texting him that I could meet in person tomorrow, but not tonight.

A good sign, from him, he doesn't want to meet in person...said tomorrow over the phone is fine. :-)

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard