Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
L
Little Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted By: u-turn
normal - I hope - I thought I was alone. I feel like if I ever told anyone about these thoughts, I would be locked up.

Thanks

It certainly does feel like losing one's grip on reality, doesn't it? Like you're losing your mind.

No - it's normal but I think society doesn't like things that aren't pretty. People avoid other people's emotions and their messes. When crap hits the fan in your life, you find out who your true friends are by who's willing to support you when you on the floor.

I've always been super willing to be vulnerable and super open with my emotions, which I take a lot of guff for. People assume that if you don't pick yourself up by your boot straps and hide your pain, you're thought of as weak and whiny.

To me, this is humanity. We all go through tough things and we all react and cope differently. For anyone to look down on someone else for having emotions and displaying them is stupid.

I say cry in the middle of a crowded street if you're feeling it. THAT'S strength.

ME: 38
BF: 40
T: 10y, no kids, no M (by choice)
BD: 7/14/14, BF admits to PA, wants out, lies about new R.
10/1/14: I move out, BF lies about move in with OW
12/4/14: OW confronted, reveals all the lies
J
J
Originally Posted By: Little

I've always been super willing to be vulnerable and super open with my emotions, which I take a lot of guff for. People assume that if you don't pick yourself up by your boot straps and hide your pain, you're thought of as weak and whiny.

I say cry in the middle of a crowded street if you're feeling it. THAT'S strength.

I feel weak and whiny.

Haven't done the crowded street yet, but having tears stream down my face while I was explaining our situation to my D7's 1st grade teacher was a new low for me.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
P
P
All of the down feelings are normal. Remember to eat as good as you can. Walk, run, bike, do pushups..etc when the down feelings come. It will push them back by flooding you system with endorphines..etc. its Angkor naturalnway to get a pick me up. A friend of my lost his W and M after less thelan a year to another man. She had been cheating leading up to the wedding and was too proud or scared to call it off. She chose the OM over my friend. He started running to cope. 5 years later he married the love of his life...a better match for him anyway (IMO) and he can now run marathons. His life changed because he challanged himself to grow. Just. A thought....

me: 47, W:49
M 16.5 years
T 17 years
Three kids - D17,D14, S13
Heart 2 heart about M 11/8/13
Bomb drop 11/29/13
W moved out 12/5/13
I Retained L 2/20/14
D filed 3/17/14
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard