Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
C
C
Sorry to hear this KGirl. It seems as if no matter how we prepare for these moments, when they become real, it's like a punch to the stomach all over again.

You don't have to accept his apology, nor do you have to acknowledge the text.

((KGirl))

M:32,H 32
T:10, M5
BD/H Move Out: 9/2014 - extreme anger
H Mental Illness Diagnosis: 4/15
Served D Papers: 10/15
Divorced: 11/15
K
KGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I just blocked him on facebook - I already unfriended him but I'd periodically still look at his profile and see what was publicly viewable. Don't want to be tempted anymore. After I blocked him the confirmation from facebook said "we're sorry you've had this experience." Thank you, facebook!! smile

Me:30 H:29, no kids
T:12, M:4 (when D was final)
12/13: "Don't think I want to be M anymore"
6/14: Separated (I move)
1/15: H filed for D
5/15: D final
C
C
((KGirl))

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
C
C
((Kgirl))

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

G
gan Offline
G
I'm sorry you've had this experience too, KGirl. Hugs.

H 37 Me 36
Together 15 years
Married 5 years
No kids
BD Apr 2014
H moved out 2 Jun 2014
M
M
I'm proud of you, KGirl. You will be amazing.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
L
L
[quote=KGirl] Time to really work on that letting go. Trying to think about some of the good things about this (finally some closure, not having to worry about whether the house is being paid for, only having to worry about how to do taxes this year) and remind myself the R itself was already over anyway. [/quote

Sweet K, I think you're closer to really letting go than you like to think.

It's a bit scary but you can do it. You'e done hard things before.

I just read this this morning and grief is grief. Maybe it'll help.

Grief

((( )))

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
K
KGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, all, for your virtual hugs smile And thanks for the article, bug. I still have some work to do on the grief/anger part before I can really disentangle from him. I need to set aside some time to go to the library/reserve some books and actively work on that. Maybe not today because I'm still a mess and will consider it a plus if I can just make it to the grocery store and the gym.

I was reading GB's threads over in MLC. I so want to be at the place where I don't really feel anything towards H. What am I not doing right to not be there yet? It's been over a year. Maybe the dinner and all of that put me back on the roller coaster of hope and expectations, I don't know. I don't feel like I SHOULD still miss him and want him and be angry at him.. then again, the rebuilding book I am reading says the average person is angry at their X after D for three years. That's a looong time to feel this way and I really don't want to. Do I get there by thinking negative things about him and why he wasn't a good partner, whenever I start to miss him? Yesterday I told a friend "I wasted my favorite colors for a wedding with this d-bag!" and I wasn't really joking. She said "When or if you get remarried you can use those same colors." Maybe, but there's also something not-quite-right about using things from your first wedding in your next one. GRRRRRRRR. I wish I could get donuts for delivery right now.

I've cut all contacts with social media so that is a good start. Yesterday before that text I actually spent some time going through facebook and hiding/untagging photos with H and I together, so maybe part of me knew what was to come. I'm debating what to do with some of the finances and cell phone plan. Now that he has filed do I move forward with splitting those things up or do I wait and see what happens? The filing fee is not cheap(though not as much as he spent on his cell phone game last month..) so it's hard for me to see him doing that without being very very sure it's what he wants to do (or seeing it through, anyway, even if he's not sure).

Me:30 H:29, no kids
T:12, M:4 (when D was final)
12/13: "Don't think I want to be M anymore"
6/14: Separated (I move)
1/15: H filed for D
5/15: D final
Z
zew Offline
Z
Quote:
Maybe, but there's also something not-quite-right about using things from your first wedding in your next one.
Falls squarely into the "something borrowed" category. You're good to go!

L
L
Do you have collaborative divorce in the Badger State? (Hmmm badger, collaborative, mebbenot)

You'll be over it when you're over it. Talk back to that judge in your head.

Live life, continue to figure out who you want to be. Some days will be good, some days will be bad, we just ride the wave.

You've put a lot of work into this already. It will continue to pay off. I know you were uncomfortable with some of the group things I suggested before and I get that. I'm not a group activity person either but there must be some type of things you could do to get you around new people.

Not right now but in the future you'll be ready for that.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard