Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
C
C
KGirl...the Packers? I think I know what needs to go to the top of your 180 list wink

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
K
KGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Card, they're America's team now, c'mon! Badgers, Packers, Brewers, in that order. Bucks I guess I'll take if I have to root for a basketball team ; )

Me:30 H:29, no kids
T:12, M:4 (when D was final)
12/13: "Don't think I want to be M anymore"
6/14: Separated (I move)
1/15: H filed for D
5/15: D final
P
P
KGirl,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SUNSHINE!

You sound like a really fun girl to hang with. I would love to join you for a celebration. Well, my thoughts will be with you.

Have fun, lots of it. Be careful you don't drink too much. The pain is still there and is very easy to get into the bottle to get a little freedom from the bad feelings. Been there, done that.

Don't worry about dating, other guys, etc. time needs to go by and when you are ready, you will know.

Your GAL activities are very good. Keeping busy.

Again, have a wonderful BDay, you deserve.

FELIZ ANIVERSARIO!
Pink

Pink17
S22,19 and 16
D:8/5/2015

C
C
Happy birthday K-girl!!

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

G
G
Happy Birthday! I hope this year will be filled with hope, love and prosperity. December birthdays rule (said fellow December birthday celebrationist-and no, I don't think that's a word:)

Enjoy!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
C
C
Originally Posted By: KGirl
Card, they're America's team now, c'mon! Badgers, Packers, Brewers, in that order. Bucks I guess I'll take if I have to root for a basketball team ; )
gah, no denying that I guess.

Aside: do you watch Parks and Rec? If not, this might be your favorite 9 seconds of the series: no, badgers

Last edited by Card29; 12/22/14 04:22 AM.

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
K
KGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Aww.. thanks, everyone! I'm actually having a tough time with how this day way went, I'm not sure if it's my lack of communication, or other people's attention to detail. I sent a bunch of people a facebook message saying that I'd be at X place at 7pm until about 9ish, "for drinks and hanging out." X place is a restaurant/bar and it's pretty equally split between eating and drinking. I didn't want to try to arrange an actual dinner because of their reservation policy and needing an exact number and everyone to be there at the same time, so was eating dinner w/ my sister at 6pm, then thinking I'd meet everyone in the bar part at 7pm. I thought that saying "drinks and hanging out" was clear enough that we weren't doing a sit down dinner. Well, my sister was late picking me up, we were just finishing at 7pm, and then two couples show up and say "oh, I thought we were eating dinner at 7?" So it was kind of an awkward evening because they had to get a different table and eat dinner (when my intention was just for us to hang out in the bar area and get drinks), then we joined up once everyone got their food at a bigger table and had drinks. Sigh... maybe I was clear enough and they didn't clarify. A different person did message me in advance and say "are we doing dinner, or just drinks?" so it seems I was confusing. Boo. Oh well. 4 beers in and I guess I don't care too much though I'll probably feel bad in the morning.

H's family (two sisters, nieces, nephew, and mom) sent me a happy birthday snapchat but unfortunately I didn't realize what it was, clicked on it when I was talking with others, and missed most of it! smirk

K
KGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sooo then I just had to text H and explain what happened and ask what he thought about it, and we had some back and forth about how some of these particular friends tend to assume things and aren't very good at reading details. I have not-so-good self control in the area of not contacting H lately, apparently, but am not sure yet how to remedy it. Then after I text something he texts back "That's good, and good night." Now I feel totally shot down.. I know I shouldn't.. because it's 10:40pm here and he probably has to work tomorrow.. but ugh.. I feel like I've been there for him when it's been important to him and now he's not. I'm feeling this moreso today because of all the recent contact we had, plus it's my birthday, plus the 1 year into BD brings up a lot of memories of when this started last X-mas time, plus it's the holidays. Oh yeah, and those drinks. Must institute calendar and be be strict about no contact for some set period of time!

K
KGirl Offline OP
OP Offline
K
LOL Card - that is a regularly shared clip amongst my facebook friends. And yes, I DID go there for undergrad and grad school.. and I work there so it's a triple whammy.

L
L
Originally Posted By: KGirl

I would like to go on some sort of trip even if it's just a weekend. Not sure where yet. I will be going to Sanibel Island, FL for spring break with my mom and sisters so that should be fun but would also like to do something else on my own. There is a spa resort about a hour away I thought about going to this week but now I am helping a friend with wedding dress shopping so... maybe in January sometime? A year-round heated outdoor soaking pool sounds nice in January if I don't freeze into/out of it smile My friends had a book group but it kind of fell by the wayside... maybe we can start that again. I have thought about some type of support group, either CA or a divorce support group (maybe that's not enough about myself, though?) We do have quite a few non-credit con't education courses where I work, and I took a couple this fall, so more in spring would be fun. I have some crocheting projects from college (!!) that I never finished - that might be fun to get back into. And.. in high school I played the flute and was very good. Went back home in the summers and played for the municipal band. Haven't played in years, though. Maybe I've still got some skills left.

For today, I'll focus on watching the packers, and getting ready for my night out for my b-day smile Sister and I are doing dinner and then afterwards I sent a very open and large invitation to almost everyone I know who lives here to meet up for drinks in the bar part. Looking forward to seeing who comes and if nothing else I know I won't be alone because my sis is my designated driver wink

I forgot to tell you Happy Birthday!

Also, I was trying to think of activities that got you in new situations with new people, male and female. Crocheting is great but it's pretty insular. frown

Check out some volunteer opportunities.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard