Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
20 minute phone chat with H today - hadn't spoken for 4 months! I had good PMA - warm & upbeat. Pleasant convo with a couple of laughs. Maybe 10 mins on rabbit business - I'm happy with the rehoming plan.

H has had 2 tough weeks - 40% of staff made redundant where he works. He had to make a team member redundant. They appealed about how this was handled & it was investigated by the CEO. H found it hard - really stressed, not sleeping. He felt he had to get out of town for a weekend to regroup. I validated.

Things are rough in his industry ATM after riding a wave of success for 10 years, he has friends out of work and says he has a job at least 'for now.'

I asked after SS and we talked about him for 5 mins. I said how nice his visit to me was etc. H said there has been a lot of homework yelling last couple of weekends - SS may be missing peacemaker Toots on that front!

OW not mentioned, and of course I didn't ask. No R talk. I didn't ask how he was as such - other than what he volunteered. Weirdly, he asked nothing about me - not even how I was doing. I didn't volunteer any info. Although he was pleasant, he seemed pretty self-absorbed.

I ended the chat after 20 mins - had somewhere I needed to be (genuinely!) He's going to let me know how the rabbit gets on next weekend.

So, this weekend, he's thinking about his life - and I feel pretty detached actually.

I empathise with him though - I think he's really going through it at the moment. I already sensed it wasn't the easiest Xmas for him, and straight into this work stuff after. Funny, it's easy to think everything is a bed of roses for him (and hard for me) but it isn't like that. My life is pretty calm in comparison (lighthouse?..)

Glad we spoke anyway...observations welcome!

Last edited by Toots; 01/17/15 06:10 PM.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
All quiet for me after the talk with H this weekend. He texted me to say the lady can't take our rabbit now, due to a family crisis - oh well...

I do feel he's in a pretty dark place right now - having a weekend away on his own trying to figure his life out. I empathise, and I also see that it may well be a good while before he knows what he wants. And who knows, I may have moved on in the meantime...

Does he find it surprising that I don't even ask if he's figured out life now? IDK..I certainly worry less about what he's up to than I used to.

Did some nice GAL activities this weekend - bookstore volunteering, family lunch and Aqua Aerobics. Have decided a new GAL activity is called for, so will plan that this week. I'm thinking about a yoga class.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard