Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
E
edz Offline
E
Oh I know about mind reading, had to stop for my own sake (and I think the gang here may have beaten me severely with a 2x4 again smile )

You should of course do what's best for the rabbit but if she's a house rabbit or ok to have in the house (e.g. not too destructive - as was the rabbits of a friend of mine who ate his sofa in a weekend, most of it anyway!) I wouldn't rule out speaking to your landlord. I have a house cat here and I'm renting the house (it was listed as no pets originally), I had to pay a higher deposit and agree to have the carpets professionally cleaned when I leave but here she is all above board (well actually she's on my bed, asleep, again...)

Of course then you do have a tie to having to be home or having someone come in, suppose it depends on the pet really, in my case the BFT (brown furry thing as vanilla and I have coined her) is 16 this year so rehoming would most likely be impossible, w would have kept her at the flat but to be honest she's my monster and I dont want to part with her.

As to your H as you say mind reading I can see your point but be careful it doesnt drag you down too much.

Here if you need a vent or a chat smile

Edz

M:44, W:46, S:10
M 13 years, T 15
BD:23/7/2014
W/S Moved to MIL: 23/7/2014
My new place: 21/11/2014
W/S back to flat 22/11/2014
W coming closer, talking 4/2015
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
She has been a house rabbit and is completely destructive - albeit lovely! I had a wobbly moment earlier and texted H to say I felt sad and did he think we were doing the right thing?

I meant in terms of the rabbit, but I suppose it was a little temp check and could have been interpreted more widely.

He texted back to say he was sorry I felt sad and he doesn't know what the right thing is. He said to let him know if I want to chat and said he can talk tomorrow morning if I want to.

I texted back to say - thanks H, it's ok. I said I trusted his judgement and know he wants what's best for her.

I'll sleep on it and think about whether we should talk tomorrow. I'm inclined towards no, but it could be an opportunity to catch up and do a little temp check without suggesting any R talk. Part of me would like to and part of me is just plain scared.

I think it does seem like the best option for bunny, but it is hard to let her go. I loved having a bunny in a family home, but if I'm starting out again as a single woman, it isn't really practical and I think I just need to bite the bullet & go with the best thing for her.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
E
edz Offline
E
Hi Toots

as you say whats best for Bunny but also factor in Toots as well!

And Ive known single men and women who had house rabbits so dont let that put you off, of course if you want to be able to take off for a weekend in monaco then pets can, somewhat, poop on your plans (and sometimes your rug!)

Depending on what you decide Amazon have some bunny business indoor rabbit playpens. Again a lot will depend on your landlord!

M 13 years, T 15
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
There's no way I could have her at the flat...there are lovely new carpets here, and it gets really messy around her hutch....sometimes she wees outside her tray etc.

I guess I'll sleep on it and may have a chat with H tomorrow. If I know more about where she is going, I may feel more settled with it.

Feel like I'm on a bit of a rollercoaster feelings-wise lately!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
E
edz Offline
E
I think thats fair enough Toots, set it aside for now and take it from there.

We're all familiar with that damnable rollercoaster mate, said that a while ago and that I'd rather be on the bumper cars, we also had suggestions on the teacups and waltzers from the other guys.

What are you doing for yourself this evening, any GAL activities planned?

Last edited by edz; 01/16/15 05:42 PM.

M 13 years, T 15
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
No GAL for me tonight - unless buying toilet rolls and a potato masher from Wilko counts?

Just had a bubble bath, dinner, glass of wine, watched Spiral and now checking out the boards...

Been thinking some more about the rabbit. The place H lined up sounds lovely for her. A couple of other rabbits and guinea pigs in an insulated shed with an outside run. I think if she settles in ok, she will be so happy. I feel more settled with it. If I bought her down here, I think I would feel worse that she is missing out on that...and all lonely in the garage.

I may ask H for a little talk about it in any case - may be a good idea to open the door a crack for a chat...but I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Sorry for any hysteria today - I'm normally much more of a teacups than rollercoaster person!

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

J
J
Teacups are so the best ride!!! And I'm pretty sure thats not the first time I've posted that in thus forum

And I'm claiming potato mashers are worth loads of GAL points because buying one is what I did this evening as well.

I hope your feeling a bit better. I don't know how often you see your rabbit but I would suggest a visit is a good idea before she is rehomed. If you can't have her and H doesn't want her then a good home might be the best thing.

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
E
edz Offline
E
Jim you did think it was my thread or I was in yours!

Toots, no hysteria noted, were all pushed and stretched emotionally sometimes you just need to talk thats where we come in wink

Aha now the loo rolls become clear! Evening sounds good no bath here did some exercises dinner wine glass of rum and catching up with elementary.

Sounds like bunny will be happy just make sure you are comfortable with it smile as to having a chat, I think that's ok if you go in with no expectations.

Take it easy matey smile

Last edited by edz; 01/16/15 11:05 PM.

M 13 years, T 15
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
E
edz Offline
E
Ok toots my water bill is on you wink

Lulled me into wanting a hot bath, music and wine....ahhh was nice!

M 13 years, T 15
Piecing 5/2015
Moving in again 6/2015
S
Sotto Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Jim - what are the odds! Hope you're pleased with your masher. I've missed having one in recent weeks. Edz - glad you had a nice evening bathing etc. When I was at my parents, they only have a shower and I did miss it!

So, I feel happier about the rabbit, but I thought it would be good to speak to H and ask a few questions about the arrangements. I think if I know where she is and what the plan is & be a bit more involved, I'll feel happier. So, I texted him this am. He texted back to say he's going away for the weekend to have a "think about his life."

He plans to have a massage and also see a psychic - but he's happy for us to talk when he gets off the train later this am....eek, may have timed this badly. Will just stick to rabbit talk and have good PMA I think.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard