Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
job #2518511 12/18/14 05:25 PM
J
J
If she says no the sun doesn't explode.

If she says yes or no you have an indication of how to progress, and wouldn't that be nice for a change?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Jack_Three_Beans #2518530 12/18/14 06:04 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Renee, Job and Jack.

I would have asked her already but she has said in the past that she does not date coworkers because she likes to keep that separate.

So? What to do?

I've been off work the past two days and she hasn't. The last two days she has actually been messaging me with FB messenger while she was working. She hasn't done that before. It's almost like she is trying to find stuff to talk about with me. I almost get the feeling like she really likes me, but is afraid.

I may ask her anyways though once we get the holidays behind us. She is pretty amazing. It would suck if she said no. I've got no experience in this. Got married when I was 17 so I've never really been single or able to "date."

My little furbaby had a really good day yesterday. She drank some water, ate a piece of lettuce and actually ate two pieces of pasta. Today though she isn't doing so well. She had a really bad breathing episode this morning. I feel so bad for her. I had to leave her to take S20 to his new job orientation. When I came back, she was on her side and struggling to breathe. She did perk up a little when I went over to pet her. Each time she has one of these it seems she gets a little weaker. She searches for me and tries to climb on me when she has them like she wants me to do something for her, but I feel so helpless. All I can really do is steam the bathroom, sit in there with her and try to calm her with my voice. It usually helps, but sometimes it takes a while.

Thanks for checking in.

Tad

Last edited by tadpole1025; 12/18/14 06:06 PM.

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Bomb 10/10 (5 weeks after 25th anniversary)
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
tadpole1025 #2518534 12/18/14 06:17 PM
J
J
Tad,

If she doesn't date co-workers then you're fine. No matter what you want to happen with her isn't cause she is your co-worker.

This takes pressure off you, now its just lunch and if she says no, she just said no to lunch.

However, as a long term plan. the more you hang out with her and the more she potentially likes hanging out with you the more likely it is that she re-evaluates her choice not to date co-workers.

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 12/18/14 06:17 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Jack_Three_Beans #2518647 12/19/14 01:39 AM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Jack. I guess I can be a good friend too her and see what happens down the road. As I said, it is obvious that she enjoys being around me so we'll see.

Today is a sad day.

It happened.

My sweet little furbaby Beebee crossed the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon while snuggling in my arms. I'm sure going to miss my little girl.

I had gotten a tooth pulled early this afternoon. While I was gone, S24 kept an eye on her for me. She was fine when I returned home. I had her in the living room on the couch while I was waiting for my pain prescription. When I got home from picking up the meds, I went to my bedroom and brought her with me. We were watching Seinfeld reruns as she cuddled up against me on my bed. I knew she was close. I dozed off a few times from the medication, but was trying to stay awake in case she needed me. We snuggled there for about an hour. The final time I dozed off something told me to open my eyes. When I opened them, she was gone. I was only out probably for 5-10 minutes. I didn't see her take her last breath but I think I felt it.

So sad. I'm going to miss her so much. She actually "helped" me through my mess if you can believe that. Her sister is still alive and is as energetic as ever, but I don't think I'll get any more. I get too attached....

Sorry for the ramble.

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
tadpole1025 #2518655 12/19/14 02:20 AM
A
AJM Offline
A
Sorry to hear that Tad.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
tadpole1025 #2518746 12/19/14 01:30 PM
job Offline
Tad,
I'm very sorry about your little fur baby. She waited for you to be home and she passed away doing what she loved best...being cuddled up w/you. You will always remember her and those memories can be pulled out of your memory bank whenever you feel sad. She loved you unconditionally and you provided a warm and loving home for her. Take comfort in knowing you were a great "dad" to her. She was lucky to have had a home w/you.

About your co-worker, to me, asking her out to lunch wouldn't be considered a date. It could be considered as two friends getting together to have a nice lunch and to chat about things that interest both you. If it would make her feel better, you could go dutch. Are there any places that both you like near by the office? Just ask her very casually and see what she says. If she says no, offer to bring something back for her, but go ahead on your own. That will show her that you were asking as a friend who wanted to share an enjoyable lunch break time w/another friend.

Take care.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2518905 12/19/14 09:42 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thank you AJ and Job...

I appreciate it.

On a bright side: I still have her sister and she is no longer suffering.

She lived a great, spoiled life. All rats should be that lucky.

But...

Man, I miss her. Just a little rat, but such a big part of my life. She was the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up. It's amazing how two little rats could be so therapeutic. They were great for me. I'm taking her to get cremated this afternoon. She'll always be with me.

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
tadpole1025 #2519058 12/20/14 02:56 PM
U
U
Oh, Tad, I am really sorry. I know how much you love her. She really was a gift to you.

She had a good life, in a loving home. She was meant to be in your life at this time.

Enjoy your other little girl.

Keep moving forward, T. We are all cheering you on. smile

uRworthy #2519318 12/21/14 02:38 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks Ur. Yeah, she was a gift...my little rat. I miss her a lot. Some people don't get it, but I loved the little girl. She was an important part of our family. She was allowed out of her cage everyday for hours at a time. I would let her run around my bedroom. Sometimes she and her sister would sit on the couch in the living room and watch tv with me. She would actually beg for treats and would come when I called her name. She was such a good girl. I will get her remains back in about a week. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep them or spread the ashes somewhere. I may wait to do anything until her sister passes. I miss her so much...

Was watching tv this morning. They were talking about how there is only four days until Christmas and doing a story on all of the last-minute shoppers.

I miss Christmas. I miss the excitement, the hustle and bustle, the magic, the joy....just everything. We haven't decorated in years partly because XW took the family tree and most of the decorations and partly because I just haven't felt like it. Plus, we are just so crowded, we don't really have room to decorate. For the fourth year in a row, my sons will not be getting anything from me for Christmas. I just don't have the extra money. I know they understand, but I feel bad about it.

Getting better but not fast enough....

I'm tired.

Tad

Currently:
M 56 XW 57
Sons 38,33,31,29

The Sitch:
Married 26 years
EA w/ OM 9/10
Sep 12/10
She wants D 1/11
W files 5/11
D final 10/11
XW marries OM 6/13
tadpole1025 #2519376 12/21/14 08:07 PM
A
AJM Offline
A
Is being tired a bad thing, Tad? Or is it a propellant to help you move past the past?

You seem to be re-visiting feelings, Tad. Only faster wink

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard