Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
S
S
Jefe, you are quiet this week. What's going on?

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
L
L
Yes, is it the funeral?

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
S
S
I'm still here, Jefe. Catching up on you and praying for you.

Find something good and just enjoy it. Go buy some new sticks, drummer boy.

Shakes

Me: 43 XW: 43
T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
BD: 8/6
EA / possible PA discovered 9/29
D final 10/20
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well, where to start.

Grandmother went into a physical rehab facility late Friday. We tried all last week to get it taken care of but there was mass confusion with the hospital, rehab, and medicare carrier. so it took all week to sort it out.
She called me Sunday night wanting me to pick her up and take her home but I told her I couldn't because I was working. She said never mind she would get the lady that comes by once a week at the house to help her come get her. I had to call the house keeper and tell her under no circumstances was she to "bust" my grandmother out of rehab. Besides, I highly doubt the staff would allow that to happen anyway. Grandma is not happy and I get it.

I took the girls to go visit Grandma (their Great-grandmother) on Monday. Grandma let me have it on many levels complaining about everything. She's been having some hallucinations lately and we're trying to figure out if its dementia or if it's infection related, but any way she was talking all sorts of craziness.

Any rate, point being, it's all my fault, in her eyes.

Long story cut short. I have been watching her elderly and unhealthy dog for the last several days. I let him out Tues before I picked up the girls, later that evening I went to let him in. He didn't come when I called him. I went in the yard and he just looked up at me and I reached down and picked him up and he had a heart attack or stroked out, but he died right in my arms.
I tell you. This is not something I need to deal with right now but yet here I am.
My concern is how far over the edge this will push my grandmother.

Aunt's Funeral is latter part of Jan, btw.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
Z
zew Offline
Z
Yeowsa.

One way to look at this is that you are compressing a lifetime's worth of grief into a few short months. So that must mean nothing but clear skies from here on out, right?

W
Wet Offline
W
Jefe, I'm sorry for the horrible stretch you are going thru. let's see what's been thrown onto your shoulders - problems with your Grandmother being in rehab, your Grandmother's dog dying, Aunt's funeral in January, the holidays, and of course your W. Am I missing anything?

I have nothing to say, except that I am sorry that you are having to go thru this. Prayers are coming your way.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
S
S
Jefe, Im so sorry for all that is happening right now for you. There will indeed be blue skies ahead & these difficult times will make them seem bluer when they arrive.

We are all rooting for you Mate...((jefe))

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
S
S
Wow, Jefe, I am so sorry to hear the additional things going on in your life. Take a deep breath and know that you are doing the best you can for Grandma, don't take a word she says personally. I watched my Grandmother decline mentally for 10 years and I know how it can get to you.

Please do something nice for yourself today, even a tiny little something to remind you that there are people all over the world who care about you.

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
W
W
Sorry to hear that, Jefe. Hang in there.

M 16 T 17
W moved in w/ AP (OW) 5/14
ILYBNIL 5/14
A discovered 6/14
D papers served via USPS 8/14
Filed my response 9/14
D final 5/15...
U
U
Jefe, how are you doing?

Hope you're hanging in there buddy smirk

You've had a rougher streak than most but you're still powering onward. Your strength has motivated me to keep up the good fight. I'm walking through it all with you every day my friend. Praying for you to see the light at the end of the dark tunnel soon.

UpperCut
Me: 28 W: 25
Married: 4 yrs Together: 7 yrs
Dday: 9/14 (W ends affair & comes home)
S: 12/14 (W restarted affair 1/15; moved near OM 2/15)
No kids
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard