Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
U
U
Shining....you cant make this stuff up, I swear.

Gotta say it took guts for him to give you that ring. Did you look around to see if Rod Serling was lurking? LOL!

Those two rings mean something, S. They mean you loved and were loved. That matters.

Originally Posted By: Shining

I'm coming up with a plan for myself, and for a Christmas this week.

Life is too short. This is stupid. I'm going to get to gettin'!!!

Look out, world..... I don't know what that is ^^^^^^^^^. But when I find out? Yeah. It's gonna be MAGIC.

I LIKEEEEE ^^^^^^. Go, Shining, goooo. Yea, my cheerleader outfit is on...its a little snug...ok, a lot snug, but, who cares cuz Shining is makin magic. smile

G
G
Shining,

Aw.... Hugs, cupcake. Would a 3rd ring from Ryan Gosling be of interest to you? Just saying:) The rings (for me) would be a challenge as well....the representation and memories.

Hang in there. Hope the weekend is awesome:-)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 12/06/14 05:45 AM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
M
M
Oh my gosh, shining! I've been missing you! I am just getting caught up, and am reminded why I love, love love you! OMG, seriously, it was like my heart strings were being pulled.

Your pat on the back to God.... That made me cry! I was like, omg... That's why I love her and why she is so amazing.

Your ring.... Your reaction ..... Made me cry.

Look, not a lot of things or people in my life can make me cry. I shed a lot of tears this year, but surprisingly, I would go months w/o one.

You make me cry. Because you are so genuine. You are wonderful. I feel so honored to have met you here. I never have any insight for you, because I know that whatever you do, you will rock it.

See..... And you are making me mushy. Mighty isn't known for mush. But, I dig you, shining. Go ahead with your bad self.

***oh and the anger. I get it. You may have it for a bit; it will subside. But return in waves, but not hang around as long. At least that had been my experience. But you description. Is an accurate of one of my phases.

U
U
Mighty, I had to honor of meeting Shining...and you nailed it - she is as genuine as they come. Just love her.

D
D
Hey Shining I signed up with the KIK app- had to use name " daringgreatly" as daring was already taken.

Hope your anger is helping you be productive and move forward. I'm ready to rock out a GAL day with ya! wink

Me 41 H 40
M 20 T 23
S 19,16, 8 D 13
BD1 dec 2012 not sure going to work
BD2 sep 2013 seeking a D
Filed oct 2013, D Feb 2015
Life is about daring greatly, about being in the arena- Brene Brown
L
L
Shining! That's so crazy. A good crazy for a change!

As Shining's world turns...tune in next time...

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
Shining - thinking of you and wishing you a Christmas filled with limitless possibilities. smile

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

S
Shining Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you all for your wonderful words!

I felt I needed a break.... It was good to take the focus off of the sitch for a little bit.

Plans are coming together for the "Not-So-Pitiful-Pity-Party-of-One-Holiday-Extravaganza!" (Cue the snow, reindeer enter stage left, jingle bells in the background, flashing Christmas lights....you get the idea.)

More details to come.... cool

I'm not going to post about MLC H, because no.

My energy needs to stay centered, on myself and my kids. Holiday seasons as an LBS succcckk. They just do. Well, guess what?

I'M NOT GOING DOWN LIKE THAT!!!!

Taking stock of the good stuff, I'm smiling bigger and bigger these days.

Some highlights....A few reasons why this has been an extraordinary week:

1. My son comes home from Boot Camp in less than 48 hours for holiday leave!!! I'm planning a fun, creative way to welcome him at the airport! I'm hoping to set a precedence with which I can continue to one-up myself, each time he returns home. I can't wait to hear everything he has done!! Unless it freaks me out... Then, no.

2. My 16 year-old son just found out he was cast as Peter Pan in the high school one-act play! This is the piece they will bring to district, regional, and statewide competitions! It is also only the second play he has ever done. He is ridiculously excited. It is a gift to be able to see him fitting in so well with a group of peers, explore some new un-tapped talents, become his own person, have his first girlfriend, overcome his struggles, and see him so happy. He is also my Asperger kid.... You'd never know it these days.

3. My 13 year old daughter and I have become increasingly close over the past 8 months. She has told me several times this week, that she truly believes she has the best mother, out of all her friends. (Music to these ears, especially to hear her articulate the reasons why). Since I started coming to the boards, she has commented on the changes in me. She's learning many of the same things I am, simply by being present. She is pretty much DBing her entire middle school. Her perspective, maturity, and overall sense of calm, in a drama-infested culture of crazies....it's inspiring. I read her text messages, and it's amazing to me, the number of friends that reach out to her for advice. Her responses are validating. Empathetic. Encouraging. Boundary-keeping. I'm in awe.

4. My other 18 year old son has been contacting me regularly. He is having the time of his life! He has gone on several ride-alongs with the fire department. He has been reconnecting with his father, and healing some old wounds. It is the result and scenario I prayed for, when I asked xh to let us go. I promised I wouldn't impede the kids' R. I told xh to let us heal, and they will come back. And they are. My son that is with him suffered the most from the trauma, and needed the most healing. He's becoming his own man. His highlight of the week, as he reported, was getting to see his first dead body. To each his own.... ew.

Life is going on, my friends. And it's wonderful!

GB- with all this awesomeness, I just executed my first ever, Arabian double front in a full layout position. You KNOW I stuck the landing. wink

job Offline
Shining,
So many wonderful things are happening for your family this year. You have to be beaming ear to ear w/the progress and accomplishments that you and your children have made.

Enjoy the holidays w/them. Make many happy memories and take plenty of photos to refer back to when you are feeling a bid down.

Happy Holidays!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
U
U
Shining, you freakin rock...so, no surprise, so do your kids.

So very happy that they are doing so well. I know they are the world to you.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard