Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2515456 12/09/14 02:36 PM
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...132#Post2515132

Didn't realize my last thread locked. Above is a link to the previous thread.
The first post in this thread is the perfect time to say that I got what I think is the final draft of our dissolution yesterday. We had agreed to almost everything in our S but WAW changed her tune when she had the papers drawn up. I have spent the last 6 weeks fighting 3 big issues. 1) I wanted 90 days from the dissolution to pay her for her equity. I needed this time to sell investment properties. She nixed that and I have to pay her the day the judge bangs the gavel.
2) She agreed to live in the school district until the boys graduated. She balked on this one and we finally ended up settling on a clause that said the boys were to finish school in the district they are in. Negotiating this issue is when she threatened to just file for divorce, numerous times. If she were to move away there would be no way to co-parent. I would give every last cent to my name to keep the right to have my boys half the time.
3) Last and least important we initially agreed that cs would not be handled through the child support enforcment agency and that I would pay her half of the boys ins. cost, half of their school lunches and half of their clothing. She balked at this one too and demanded it go through CSEA. I relented easily on this one and its going to cost me a $24 a month processing fee. However, CS is now locked at a set amount, and the court is giving up jurisdiction so its locked at that amount for the next 8 years for s10. When insurance costs go up and inflation starts adding up I will not be on the hook.

I could not care less about the money or the CS but the clause in the papers stating the boys had to finish school in this district was a huge issue for me. It is now in writing that she can't pack up and move away and end our 50-50 time split with the boys.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
L
L
What will you do about # 3? You said above you'd spend you're last cent to have them 50% of the time. These 2 statements seem to be contra.

I'm confused.

What happened around the accident?

Last edited by labug; 12/09/14 02:51 PM.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
3 and 2 are not related at all really.

Simply put, we agreed that I would just write her a check on the first of the month and call it CS. It would be an amount equal to half their ins, half their school lunch and half their clothing for the month. Halfway through she changed her mind and wants to run it through CSEA. Same amount. The only difference is the $ 24 a month processing fee. Wasteful I think, but overall, unimportant compared to shared custody.

Nothing has come about from the accident. No police report filed. I have taken a few precautions to protect myself in the event of further incidents. My law enforcement family member told me this morning that after 48 hours he wouldn't even take a report if he got the call. If it wasn't important enough to report right away, its not important.
OM sent another text trying to bait me into threatening him. Right now I am still on phone plan with WAW and she will not give me access to the account. I asked her to block his # on my phone but I doubt she bothers to take the time to do it.
If I had access to the account I would simply block his # and solve the issue.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
L
L
As I read it, correct me if I'm wrong, you said inflation or increases in fees wouldn't affect the amt you pay.

That's the part that's confusing.

" However, CS is now locked at a set amount, and the court is giving up jurisdiction so its locked at that amount for the next 8 years for s10. When insurance costs go up and inflation starts adding up I will not be on the hook."

Last edited by labug; 12/09/14 04:06 PM.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
R
Hi bdub,

I just wanted to jump in about the phone situation. Are you both on the bill? If so, you can call customer service directly and get them to do what you need in terms of blocking OM.

My question would be why are you still on a phone plan with her? Given what you have written about OM texting your sons, I would get your own account stat and put your boys phones on it as well. Offer to pay for it if you think it might be an issue with your wife. That way you can ensure he's blocked from their phones.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Raliced, the big issue right now is that for some reason AT&T wont let us seperate the account unless we pay them $ 559. early this spring she signed up for the "no contract" deal. Turns out their is no contract but you get hosed because apparently you are paying for your phone as you go. I don't understand it at all because all I want to do is split the account in half. I would take my phone and my mom's phone, she would take hers and S13s. AT&T flat refuses to work with us.

We have talked about splitting the cost of buying the phone out but nothing was decided. I will probably choke down the $ 559 and buy it out on my own. If I do that I will move S13's phone to my account. It's only an extra $ 9.99 a month. I will pay that to be able to monitor.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
R
R
Bdub,

FWIW, I used to be a manager in a customer call center for a wireless company. I would make one last attempt to call the customer care dept and calmly and politely ask to speak to a manager. The situation that you are describing is a case of front line employees following the rules a little too closely. They should want to keep your business (its expensive to have to replace customers). A manager would probably be more willing to work with you and have the authority to make that decision. If you get a manager or supervisor, keep emphasizing that you would like to keep your account with them, but that they need to help you out with this situation. They are not losing any money by splitting your account. Good Luck.

Divorce Final 2/16
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
labug,

Our original agreement was to just pay it outside the court system and adjust the amount owed according to actual cost.
She balked at that a while ago and wants it to go through CSEA.
The amount when we agreed was $ 200 a month. 50 for ins, 50 for school lunch, and 100 for clothing.
Since she is going to run it through CSEA it just becomes $ 200 per month, period. So if anything goes up, CS stays at $200. She kind of shafted herself on that one.

Background: She makes more than I do and we share time almost exactly 50-50 so there really should be no support. Her ins is better and cheaper than mine so we chose that route. With the lunches the school does an auto deduct so we took last years total amount deducted and my half came to $ 50 a month. With the clothing, she has typically done most of the clothes shopping so we decided she would just keep doing it and I would kick in $ 50 per boy per month. The other option is both of us shop and we reimburse based on receipts. Thats too hard to track.

Clear as mud now?

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
B
bdub Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thats right raliced. In fact, they will be making more money. Currently we have a primary phone at $ 60 a month and 3 secondaries at $ 10 a month. If we split the accounts we would have 2 primaries at $60 and 2 secondaries at $10. I can't make them understand that. Baffling. I have called 3 times and WAW has called and been to a store.
I am not leaving ATT. However, I might now since they wont help out on this one.

M42 W40
T17
M15
S13 S11
BD 7-14
A discovered 7-14
WAW moved out 10-3-14
D final 2-23-15
R
R
Yeah- that's a pain. You can try asking to speak to the "retention" dept when you call. Most carriers have one. THeir job is to keep customers.

Divorce Final 2/16
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard