Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Sotto #2518839 12/19/14 06:02 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi all. My good mood didn't last to long I'm afraid Yesterday was a great day and shows me I will be better one day Thanks you all for joining in my fun yesterday, it was a real tonic Rppl. , this morning I just couldn't resist

On a side note dexter is my favourite program and I havnt finished season 8 yet so Miami is a no no

Very sad today but nothing I can do.

Collected my car today from body repair and it looked fantastic. Pulled across road a it ran out of diesel Lucky lucky lucky NOT

No GAL as present buying for kiddies and down with the flu

Can I ask the ladies , on e the love goes does it ever come back. My W told me in jan that she loved me more than life and even though she did not want to sleep with me she wanted to live her life with me and we could work on sex. I reacted badly but soon changed. Any thoughts greatly recieved. RD

rd500 #2518892 12/19/14 09:06 PM
V
V
RD

Too much time playing loopy with W. She loves me, she loves me not, can she love me, please tell me she can love me again...........

Too many excuses

Get out go GAL

Vanilla

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2519004 12/20/14 10:14 AM
S
S
RD, sorry you're sick....I too am sick! I have this horrible virus that has lasted for a week so far. Every day I wake up hoping to feel better and I feel just the same!

I had to cancel some nice GAL plans this week, which is a shame. I'm now just hoping I'll feel better in time for Xmas. On the plus side, I had a big job to do for work, which needed lots of quiet time - and I'm really getting through that. This will mean I can GAL a bit more the other side of Xmas, which would have been 'deadline' time with this work.

I figure that in a week, Xmas will be over, I'll be well again and I can enjoy life again!

Of course your W's love could come back. We see time and again that this happens. Ms that looked hopeless are restored. There's a great post on Jefe's thread in infidelity with a story about this. It was a recent post....last week or so. But wondering and asking about this at this stage probably doesn't help. If it is going to come back, it probably ain't gonna happen for a bit. And it may happen sooner if your W sees you really starting to move forwards....but there are no guarantees.

It has helped me to really accept where I am right now, and stop fighting against it. My H doesn't love me right now. He doesn't want to be married to me and he loves someone else. I fought against that for months. Now I accept it and it is easier. Of course I hope it may change at some point. But for now, and maybe for some time, it is what it is.

Just remember, having the flu makes everything feel much harder. Try not to focus on the negatives and remember what you are thankful for each day. There will still be plenty, even if the love of your W can't be on that list for now.

T 13 M 7
Me 48 H 46
SS 15
BD 7.14 PA
D final 5.16 (H filed)

We receive & we lose, and must try to achieve gratitude & embrace with whole hearts whatever of life that remains after the losses - Dubus
Sotto #2519010 12/20/14 11:20 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Toots. Thanks for the kind response. I have detached completely and W is in not doubt I have cut the rope and has W has told me she can't believe how I moved on.

I never have R or M talk with W. I don't see the point. I treat her like a neighbour but a good neighbour

I don't come on her for hope very often. Last nite I was down and was looking for a glimmer of hope. In my heart I don't think see wants our R back but I do struggle with her leaving.

I am the first to advise others to detach and it's the only way

Thanks again. Toots

rd500 #2519011 12/20/14 11:22 AM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi vanilla. Thanks for tying to put me straight Rd

rd500 #2519015 12/20/14 11:54 AM
J
J
Leaping back on to this bandwagon.

Assuming your feeling better (i hope you are) have you figured out what you're going to do to enjoy yourself and your detachedness?

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
jim0987 #2519021 12/20/14 12:15 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi jim. I honestly can't see myself getting better. I will improve as a dad but I'm not sure I have what it takes to get over her. Don't get me wrong. I will be happy again one day but this women was fantastic to me for 24 years and now she does not want me. A lot of it my fault but wow it's tough. I'm very lucky In That I have my kids and home but like most people you still miss what you can't have. Rd

rd500 #2519034 12/20/14 01:05 PM
J
J
I know what you mean. It is tough but you will be happy again even if that happy looks different.

in the meantime its about what can you do to make yourself happier in the short term.

can you map out the next two weeks? what fun stuff and GAL activities have you got lined up? what gaps are there? what can you plug those gaps with?

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
rd500 #2519086 12/20/14 04:22 PM
V
V
Originally Posted By: rd500
Hi jim. I honestly can't see myself getting better.

you contradict yourself within 3 sentences! In any case what would that take getting better? what does this mean to you? Do you need medical help? If so that's easily resolved, go get it.

I will improve as a dad but I'm not sure I have what it takes to get over her.

it's called DB and includes Sandi guidelines, together with us guys

Don't get me wrong. I will be happy again one day

question asked and answered, just make that one day today, go GAL
J
but this women was fantastic to me for 24 years

and? rose coloured glasses and generalising, also black and white thinking, I would like to bet you weren't so backward yourself. W has gone walkabout, her choice, she knows the door is open to come back, time is on your side together with a 24 year old history

and now she does not want me.

mind reading again. WAS usually haven't sorted out what they want so how do you know?

A lot of it my fault but wow it's tough.

stinking thinking and generalising and please put this in the past tense if you must see it that way. A lot of it was my fault! But not now.

Oh yes as Starksy and Sandi said DB is not for wimps so yes it's tough but I will bet a whole lot tougher without it

I'm very lucky in that I have my kids and home

there is no luck in it, you have worked for that, it's a major achievement and what wonderful amazing kids who love you very much and in due course grandkids too. What other blessings do you have, health, a motor bike, a job you like........

but like most people you still miss what you can't have.

like a Porsche perhaps and a castle? Really RD!! what you are is a whole load of love in human form, that is more important gift than any other, look at what you have. You are only seeing the hole in the donut not the whole of the donut.
Bsides you can't " "have" another human

Rd

So RD, you know your fan club won't give up until you answer Jim's questions. In fact they are absolutely not going to let go of the bone.

Vanilla

Last edited by Vanilla; 12/20/14 04:24 PM.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

Vanilla #2519097 12/20/14 04:57 PM
R
rd500 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi vanilla. Sorry my post read that way. I am feeling down and I don t think it's mind reading re her coming back. For the first 5 weeks she was in bits but now she is much happier. I can only take things as they appear to me and my knowledge of the woman for the last number of years.

This has been going on for a long time and she is adjusting to her new life. If she is with OM or not she has settled I know we all think that our bond with our WAS was special but that's how I do feel. She is gone. I can't see how I will get over her but I will learn to deal with it

Thanks for your input Rd.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard