Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
OP Offline
T
M1A1 Abrams Tank.... run it over or blow it up... smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

TSquared - I love your Albert Camus quote. I hope you are beginning a peaceful chapter in your life. The lyrics to an old Bon Jovi song... Every new beginning is some beginning's end ---

Bittersweet but yet so full of possibilities for you. All the best for you & thank you for sharing your journey here.

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

T
OP Offline
T
Quick update, I've been very busy cutting the last cords from the D...

House re-fi hopefully will go through, I won't get enough equity (thanks to too much neglect in maintenance of "curb appeal" the past 5 years) to make any major difference in knocking down the debt. After spending a lot of time on Dave Ramsey's and Mr. Money Mustache's sites, I decided to take the cash out and put it into the emergency savings account so that I will have a few months of the basic living expenses covered and also so when those things in life come up like car repair, etc, I won't have to use credit.

I found a debt reduction spreadsheet template online using the "snowball" method, and using that, if I can stick to it, I should be debt free in less than 3 years.

Taxes are going to the CPA (had to use a 3rd party because of the D). Hoping not too much will be owed, and the Head of Household deduction I can take because she was gone for 9 months will help, and the donations from de-hoarding.... lol!

The kids are doing very well, youngest made honors society and they are thriving at school, with friends, hobbies and interests.

February was a less than optimal month with the D being signed sealed and delivered, then the following week I got booted out of the band. My part in that was I didn't practice enough, just didn't push myself after making dinner, cleaning, homework help, getting re-fi and tax paperwork together, etc. I owned that. The other part is that the music was really one guys compositions, and my natural playing style didn't mesh very well, and it felt like I was just trying to play along with a record. Not much creativity for me. We remain friends though (amazing what this DB journey has done for me). It did help get me through the past year... so it was worthwhile.

The former drummer and I are tossing around starting a jazz project... some cool jazz mixed with other influences, sorta like Miles Davis in the 70's-90's... but lots of free form creativity, lots of swing...he and I locked in the pocket well, could anticipate where the other was going to go next, so could be good smile

So all in all, life is very good, not perfect, but...still thriving.

And in exW news...lol... some post cards (via text) from the tunnel after I told her about NW...

"Just figured out the best way to describe it... your lights burns so bright I couldn't see mine... I need to be in my own darkness to find my light ...and find what will fuel it and make it shine as bright smile ...hope this helps smile ...will always love you ..thank you for everything :)"

"And being with other men only showed me I had more to discover about myself ...and that I needed exposure to others alone to expand and get to all that I am... not to find someone better than you... I was just a flicker of myself ~not your fault... you kept me from burning out completely"

"Ok ..I should have included talking to other guys... the online thing"

"Here's Another metaphor I think suits it as well...
You took this caterpillar and put her gently in the tree of yor care, protection and love... where she evetually built her cocoon... and now it's time to finish her transformation into a butterfly but that means leaving the tree...."

I didn't reply to any of those... nothing new there, kinda a recycle of a theme that has recurred the past 3 years. A few months ago it was a different reason, and before that yet another... And it pretty much tells me that I made the correct choice in letting go and moving on. I did consider replying to the butterfly thingy: "Watch out for windshields, grilles and bumpers!" But, I didn't, trying to keep that CHD thing going...but my natural smart-a$$ side was so tempted... wink

I need to fully let go of the idea of getting "closure".

I can't believe how much better my life is without her in it now...just amazes me sometimes...yet makes me a little sad too sometimes.

I look back now, from this side, and laugh at myself, what was I so afraid of??

Oh wait, that's one purpose of the LBS journey.

smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

M
M
Great to hear from you T2!
The new band sound sure sounds like it will be fun to play. My dad was a huge Jazz fan and I grew up on Mose Allison and Chet Baker. Glad to hear the boys are doing well too.

What your XW wrote sounds to me like she saw you more as a father figure than a mate. My W was always very shy while I'm the opposite and I know this bothered her and made feel "in my shadow" at times but like you, her "reasons" change like the weather. The only thing that has stayed consistent is that she was "unhappy" for a "long time". If only they could see that they are the only ones that can "make" them happy! That is, IMHO what MLC is all about.... looking for some one or some thing outside of yourself to "make" you happy. Until they can understand and own the fact that it is up to them if they are happy or not, that no person or thing can bring that which they desperately seek, they will forever remain stuck in the tunnel, the fog thick around them.

I'm so glad you are doing so well and are happy and healthy. Keep enjoying the journey, brother!

T
OP Offline
T
Quote:
What your XW wrote sounds to me like she saw you more as a father figure than a mate.

Yes, this is true (reason 7-A, or is it reason 5-C? I forget), she said herself a few times during all this, that when we met I was the father she "should have had" and that it was unhealthy for her now... and I see that. Maybe more importantly, I see now that it was also unhealthy for me.

How's the job going, Matt? Kicking butt yet?

smile

Last edited by TSquared2; 03/05/15 06:36 PM.

T
OP Offline
T

And the fallout begins to show itself....

I've been fairly quiet lately. Dealing with some tough stuff with S13. Suicide thoughts and ideation.

He reached out to one of his friends and her Mom contacted me with his texts.

Reasons:
-he feels emotionally abandoned by his mother for the past 4 years.
-his migraines
-doesn't want to live in a world of discrimination, injustice, meanness
-he doesn't feel he is a good person

This was triggered Easter Sunday when his brother and myself were trying to get him to visit with his mother.

I waited 24 hours to tell his mother as I wanted time to figure out how to approach him and also her, I didn't want her freaking out on him in his fragile state, she has historically been extremely sensitive to anything critical of her, and she would take/did take his feelings of abandonment by her personally and as criticism. She answers my updates of the sitch and what I'm doing with one word.

I found him IC and he wants to work with her.

There will be no more pressure to see his mother, she even agreed to that, so I will be picking him up from school on her days.

Taking him to chiropractor who the whole family has been seeing for years for help with his migraines. He is up on our sitch and was wonderful with him, giving him grandfatherly advice and some counseling.

I also found a bunch of research from mayo clinic and other universities finding a deficiency of magnesium and B2 as co-factors in migraines, so I have him on a supplement plan based on that research and his body weight. This is in addition to his Topamax.

This weekend he called me from his friends house, thanking me for always being there for him, that he knows I will always be there, and that he loved me.

His moodiness seems to have leveled off some, and he promised he would call someone or a hotline, and has made a contract with the IC to not harm himself without speaking with her first and he has her cell phone number.

We are working together on continuing to re-do the house "our" style, and we have made plans to move to an area he wants to move to in a couple years when I get a chunk of the debt paid off.

Otherwise, life is still good and being re-built in my own idiom.

job Offline
I'm very sorry to come here and read that your son is having some difficulties dealing w/the fall out of his mother's crisis. Have you discussed w/the doctor about your son getting shots for migraines? The reason that I ask is that I had a co-worker that would get them so bad that she couldn't leave a darkened room until they subsided. She began carrying medication that she could inject and she was able to handle them much better.

T2, you are a wonderful father and I know that you will do whatever it takes to keep your sons safe. Your son knows that you are there for him and will not judge him. I do hope that both of them, i.e., your son and his mother can finally open up with the IC.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
W
T2,

I am glad to see you dropping by and giving us an update of your life.

Wow. Your son is very lucky and blessed to have you as a father. You give me the fuzzies because you are a warm and caring person. I can feel it radiate out from your post.

You might want to look up the book by Louise Hay Healing Your Life. It delves into spirit-mind-body connection and discusses how various aliments affect our bodies with the underlying causes that effects them.

I believe that with the right support system in place that your son will begin to grow and thrive. I loved hearing his comments to you as a Dad. How wonderful is that?! smile

T
OP Offline
T
Thank you Job and Wonka,

Right now the focus is on healing him, and then, down the road, bring her in. After giving the IC a lot of background of the past years, parenting styles, FOO issues, etc of both her and myself, IC thinks that the focus should be on S13 for the time being.

And that you for the info on the shots, I will definitely ask the neurologist about them. The meds he is on have minimized the really bad migraines.

We will make it...with the moving plan and some new plans he has come up with on his own, he is having a lot of "future" thoughts. It's a good sign, I think.

Wonka, right now, any New Agey stuff causes triggers with everyone...Xw had 100's of those books, was obsessed with New Age stuff, including that one... she gave S21 an Eckhart Tolle book for his birthday, which I've read (it is good) and was part of the M house library that she took, and apparently on the drive home S13 said "Like it helped her" and S21 donated it to a thrift store.

S13 is very resistant to anything that his mother was into, but he does trust me to find the balance between alternative medicine and standard, and I show him the results of my research trying to teach him how to do the same.

Maybe in time he will open his mind back up to that and find the balance, and I'll do the needful to help... smile

A
AJM Offline
A
Wow. Just wow, T. Nice to hear he's getting the help he needs. And glad your ex is playing along for his sake and not giving a hard time.

Hope for the best with IC as well! Glad it's a good one.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard