Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
daring #2507756 11/16/14 02:55 PM
L
L
Life,

You are a remarkable guy. You're a great reminder to all us female LBS-ers that good men DO exist.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2507841 11/16/14 10:08 PM
A
AJM Offline
A
Quote:
Some would say that I should take the deal and run with it. Personally I cannot take advantage of someone who is ill. I won't be happy with myself nor able to sleep at night if I do that. I will approach this a proposed change. I will ask to remain in the house till the kids are through school or the youngest reaches 21 years old. I will then sell the house and split the proceed with a percentage based on the number of months each party paid into the house mortgage. I will also stipulate that within that period if I should die that my wife will receive full ownership of the house to do with as she sees fit.

I think this is only fair. I hope she sees it this way. I can at least feel good and sleep with this.
Fair? That's way beyond fair in this type of situation. Why? Because as it was her choice, regardless of the reason, she is entitled to make her decisions and live with them.

But I applaud that approach. You owe her nothing, yet you are trying to act with grace, dignity, and honor and keeping your own needs in there (you will sleep better having done this).

Sometimes being a leader is a lonely prospect, LT. Doesn't change that we need to do what we need to do anyway.

"I hope she sees it this way." If she does, it won't be for a long time, if ever, amigo. Glad you're doing it anyway regardless of "what some might say" wink

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
Lifes Twists #2507849 11/16/14 10:26 PM
G
G
Originally Posted By: Lifes Twists
So, today after much prodding I finally got a copy of the divorce agreement that my lawyer received from her lawyer almost 2 months ago. After reading it I actually feel really bad about how sick my wife is. She basically is walking away from everything including the house. The house has $100,000.00 in equity right now. I can't imagine how ill you have to be to walk away from that. She is waving any right to alimony and everything else is equal.

Some would say that I should take the deal and run with it. Personally I cannot take advantage of someone who is ill. I won't be happy with myself nor able to sleep at night if I do that. I will approach this a proposed change. I will ask to remain in the house till the kids are through school or the youngest reaches 21 years old. I will then sell the house and split the proceed with a percentage based on the number of months each party paid into the house mortgage. I will also stipulate that within that period if I should die that my wife will receive full ownership of the house to do with as she sees fit.

I think this is only fair. I hope she sees it this way. I can at least feel good and sleep with this.

As a woman that's looking very fair. Shame my h wasn't so damn reasonable. He makes agreements then flops on them. Hence mediation, hence lawyers now. All those years he expected me to help with projects and $ and he marches in says I contributed 0.

I'm so over it I'm letting the lawyers decide.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
daring #2509534 11/21/14 12:24 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks T and D,

I was sitting here last night in my house with a bunch of kids around me having fun, laughter and such. My oldest was at the table doing her class registration for the spring semester. My wife calls our oldest and my oldest starts asking questions to help her make decisions on courses. In the back ground kids are laughing and having good time. Eventually my wife asks to talk to youngest, middle daughter is at work. They talk a couple minutes, but daughter wants to go back to having fun so ends convo and hands off to oldest again. I sat there the whole time, surrounded by all the laughter and warmth and was sad. Sad that my wife has chosen to be a mother from a distance and not being there to take in these moments. I wonder what goes through her head when she hears the background laughter and such. Really too bad the choices she has made.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
Lifes Twists #2509597 11/21/14 03:30 PM
T
T
I get that sadness every now and then too, when the kids have their triumphs at school, or video game, etc, lol!

It comes around less and less as time flows.

The holidays are going to be interesting, first season without stbxw, I am going on overdrive and 4X4 to create new traditions around the house, show the kids that life does keep going, and maybe can be better than it was.

Hang in there!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

TSquared2 #2509724 11/21/14 08:21 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks T2,

My daughters are asking me to keep the traditions we had going.They missed them last year. The other day my middle daughter asked if we were going to have a real Christmas tree this year. Last year they really had nothing down at the apartment. On Wednesday I took all three down to NYC for our annual per Christmas trip. We had a good time as usual. I do feel bad wife is missing out, but grateful I still get to do this with my three daughters. Our new tradition will be to add some lights to the outside of the house this year. I used to put on a very huge light display in a public place every year and never had the time to put something on at our house with my kids. This year will be the beginning of something new.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
Lifes Twists #2511107 11/26/14 12:31 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi Everyone,

I feel a lot of good vibes coming from the board right now when I read the posts. I would like to add to that and hope it spreads to others.

Things for me are mostly quiet right now, which is a good thing. I have all three girls living with me right now. Originally the girls had other plans for Thanksgiving, but divine intervention stepped in and those plans have fallen through, so I will have them.

I started sending out resumes again last week for work. This past Monday I look at a source for jobs that I had never looked at before and found many that looked promising. Sent out 2 resumes to one place listed Monday afternoon. Received a response next morning. The person contacted me even though they were on vacation for the week. Indicated they were interested and would be in contact next week.

I finally seem to have gotten through to my attorney to not drag his feet. Told him what my limit is and if he goes through it he is welcome to finish the divorce pro bono. I feel strongly that this needs to be finished so it is no longer my wifes focus.

So, many things are looking good right now. Hopefully I will be able to report I am finally back at work. I am thankful I had the time off to get my head cleared up, but now ready to get back out there.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. I know I have stuff to be thankful for and hope you do too.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
Lifes Twists #2511415 11/27/14 12:30 PM
L
OP Offline
L
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

I am sitting here right now finishing a cup of coffee. My three daughters are upstairs sleeping. I am getting set to prepare the big meal. There will be eight here for dinner. I baked two pies yesterday and I am about to start getting the rolls ready so they can rise over the course of the day. Soon I will get the grill going, prepare the turkey, and put it on the grill to roast.

What a change from a year ago. To have the majority of my family back together for the holiday was unthinkable. I have a lot to be thankful for. Considering that I had basically lost my family, was looking at a double lung transplant and many other things this past year, I am lucky to be standing on my own two feet. To actually be where I am can't be put into words. Who knows what the future will bring, hopeful more up as it progresses.

Twisting on Life's Rope
Me53
W53
M20
D21 D19 D16
BD 2-2013
D final 1-2015
Lifes Twists #2511426 11/27/14 01:36 PM
G
G
That's great to hear, LT! Hope the day is super special. Enjoy your girls:-)

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Georgiabelle #2511459 11/27/14 03:08 PM
F
F
I have to say that I admire the way you are handling things, LT. I believe your attitude and perspective will take you far. I'm also happy you are able to enjoy the day with your family.

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard