Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
G
His loss, vanilla.

Just let his $hit wash over you. Seems I have a storm of my own atm. Wish I could be more supportive.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
W
W
Vanilla,

Doesn't the NHS service allow you to get free dental care in the UK?

Wonka #2511163 11/26/14 04:09 PM
J
J
If only... There is NHS dental care but its not always that easy to access (some of our politicians thought america had this stuff right and so some bad decisions were made). Its purely personal but the obamacare debate just makes no sense to my European sensibilities. Sorry probably shouldn't digress into politics.

Vanilla, from the way you've described it your H must be quite unsettled about all that's going on but the important thing is that you are centring yourself - its much harder to support without a solid base. Your GA is good for that (hope the last meet went well) and its up to your H how he chooses to see and react to the benefit it gives you.

But yes shivering cold is a good description

Both mid 30s, 2 young kids
BD 7sep14
XW moved on long ago, now living with OM1
D paperwork in progress
Wonka #2511196 11/26/14 05:52 PM
V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
No, sadly not free you still have to pay but certain things are reduced in price. It is still expensive though but not as much as the U.S. as the prices are fixed under the NHS.

Preventative dental treatment (hygienist) costs full price and I go every six weeks.

There is the impression that all health is free in the uk, that isn't the case. sick

Vanilla

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose.
V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
That you wonka and Jim

Last night went very well indeed. I am very pleased indeed.

Am at my reunion, flooded line made me late but lunch was good and terrific to meet up with old (in all ways) workmates. At this company I worked for a very opinionated and misogenist boss, he was there today. Was not sure how to react to him but he apologised to me for his poor managements of department. Ghast my flabber, could have knocked me over with.......

Any way I am sitting in Foyles bookshop in London, with arm fills of books on self development browsing my brain out. They won't let me take the books to the cafe so I am sitting on the floor with more books than are on the shelf. Trying not to look shifty, an interesting bookworm elder said he was tempted to join me but he had arthritis in his knees. Love it, love it, could loose hours this way, probably will.
Can't catch the train until after 7 as I bought a reduced price ticket.
gg, just being you is inspiration enough. I am going to drift to your thread to tell you about the quirky dress shop purchase and groovy toovy hat purchase.
Regards to all
Vanilla

V 64, WAW

V
Vanilla Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Arm fills or fulls?

Hmmm...
Predictive texts.

Bought four books, I need a mortgage for these as they are full price. Still I got lots of browsing.

Have decided to walk down the South Bank to the London Eye and over Charing Cross footbridge crossing the Thames. May blow the cobwebs from my brain or may be what's left of my brain into the water. London is truly spectacular at this time of year. There is a piano bar I go to near Waterloo station and I will have a mulled wine and browse my books until it's time for my train home. Wish I could make these precious moments last. The peace and quiet of the gentle babble in the cafe here, with Ella Fitzgerald singing her sultry Blues over the air. Benches full of young souls reading, typing and smiling at life. Full of hope, students from all over the world having an adventure in the buzzing city.

It will be cold outside, my coat is dressy but flimsy. I don't like the cold, I am a sauna girl. How does HP have those cold showers?
Bracing myself for the weather
Pressing the pause button for once
Vanilla

Last edited by Vanilla; 11/26/14 07:19 PM.

V 64, WAW

Z
zew Offline
Z
Sounds like a fine plan. Do enjoy!

zew #2511234 11/26/14 07:52 PM
H
H
You're description of your London sounds wonderful Vanilla. I've never been. Thanks to you now I something to look forward to when I go. Enjoy yourself.

(And yes... I know what you mean. I HATE the cold. My cold showers are only for pain tolerance practice. I actually dread them.)

Last edited by HPoirot; 11/26/14 07:54 PM.

Me: 44
W: 45
S: 11
Married: 15
Together: 18
BD: 9/29/2014
OM discovered: 10/16/2014
I left her behind: 12/14/2014
D
D
Wow....I want to come to London and stroll along the Thames! That would be a fabulous way to GAL for sure. Your descriptions are so vivid. Thanks for that. Oh and enjoy yourself. smile

Me 52, H53
Bomb drop 9/29/2014
Divorce from XH final 12/17/2014
Marriage #2 12/31/2019
5 adult (step)daughters (3 from XH's first marriage, 2 from current H's previous relationships)
6 grandkids
G
G
Book downloads can be found online often, for free.

Posted a dress link for ya vanilla. Yeah, I don't feel inspired to be me some days.

Last edited by Ggrass; 11/27/14 05:05 AM.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard