Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
LoisB #2509916 11/22/14 01:55 PM
job Offline
Heather,
We are here for you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2509952 11/22/14 03:45 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Job. Life is so strange. I know you all are...more than I've maybe ever felt with my the people closest to me.

Took a pic of the dog trainer who is doing a weekly column...He said, "You can't have love without respect."

Hmmm...Thanks God. :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
LoisB #2509956 11/22/14 03:54 PM
W
W
Is he cute...eye candy??!! shocked blush

Wonka #2509984 11/22/14 05:47 PM
G
G
I saw the words "eye candy" and wanted to know more:-). Gulp.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Sorry guys, no eye candy. But, wise...and taken.

HOWEVER, D20 went on Tender and has about 15 Ft. Drum soldiers blowing up her computer. I may need to hit that. In a safe, mature way. GB, I think you'd find exactly what you're looking for around here...wink..wink.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

LoisB #2510107 11/23/14 06:45 AM
S
S
Heeeheee, Heather.....safe mature way.....heeeheeeheee.

I love reading your posts. I rarely have wisdom to offer. I'm reading and cheering you on, always!!

Thank you for posting and sharing so much. The advice you receive helps us all smile.

((((((Hugs))))))

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Shining...Back atcha... :-)

Ok. Having some coffee. Grabbed my head and I'm screwing her back on. Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind in terms of emotions.

D12 has really been struggling and is glued to me. I gave her what I had yesterday. Today, I'm giving some to me. At four, we are going to a different church that has more teens than the first church we tried. More homeschoolers and more teens.

The news back home about my friend with breast cancer has really thrown me. Selfishly, I know she will be ok. This lady is one of the toughest, most faithful people I know. And, I'm not really worried about me...it's more about D12. I'm it. It scared me because...with all this stress, I worry...what if something happens to me?

I'm sure, part of it, is the grief and depression and pressure that goes with all that's going on.

That little girl musta really thought Smokey would rise to the occasion before we reached this point. I'm snuggling her today. She needs lots of love right now.

He is very controlling and manipulative isn't he? I haven't texted.

LoisB #2510139 11/23/14 01:46 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Alright, I got too much built up here to get this damn paper done.

Gotta let some out.

Felt it yesterday. I snapped at D12 a few times. And, I went out to buy some snow boots...got some great, much-needed snow boots...but also bought some other stuff from a place of overwhelm. Not good.

D12. She is in a bad place and I keep blaming myself. There's just not enough of ME to go around. She needs some friends. She has thrown herself, THROWN HERSELF, into her Asperger's obsession with these two boy bands. It's become her life.

Honestly, I don't think it will take much to right her capsized ship, but it means me taking care of some business. Church today is a MUST. And, dance lessons could start this week...only $9 per 30-minute-session. I inquired about private lessons to begin with. I think it would be a good confidence builder for her to start with a one-on-one lesson and move up to a group lesson. She hasn't had ballet since she was 5.

I need to make an appointment with the psychotherapist. D12 is refusing to go. I could go first. Of course, this means paying for a psychotherapist. I'm more afraid, however, of not having her in counseling and being unprotected on that front with the courts. I know a counselor would give me back-up if Smokey made trouble about homeschooling or month-long visits to Ohio. I'd rather be in debt and protected than put her through that.

I also need to send my homeschool letter of intent this week. I've had several area homeschool families reach out to me via email and offer me guidance.

NY has stricter homeschool regs than Ohio. It makes me a bit nervous. But, it needs done. This week.

Making a new list of ToDo's...ONE PAGE is for D12.

Last edited by LoisB; 11/23/14 01:48 PM.

LoisB #2510147 11/23/14 02:25 PM
job Offline
Heather,
Do you have a will? If not, you need to get one in place to protect your assets and your children if something were to happen to you.

Dance lessons will be a good avenue for your d12 to make new friends. Does the church have activities that she could participate in?

Is it possible for you and your d12 to go to the psychotherapist together the first time? Then you could make an excuse to get up and leave after a bit and allow your d12 to see that the person isn't going to harm her.

I do hope that you and your girls can have a nice, quiet Sunday to try to relax and decompress. You've had one heck of a week on the coaster.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2510151 11/23/14 02:44 PM
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Job,

That's the thing. Who would she go to? Smokey? My mom? My sister? Or worse, my in-laws?

It really scares me.

I feel one extra pressure...stay healthy so she is protected.

My friend walked daily.

Sometimes I feel like life is like my newspaper...I work my a$$ off and it's the one thing I miss that bites me when I think I'm home-free.

Had a one-on-one meeting with the perfectionist editor. This week was better. He wasn't full of compliments and seems to miss the hard work I invest. He actually said, "This week, I saw an effort."

Ok.

Some of the red marks were ridiculous and nit-picky...a few, however, made me cringe.

I see what happens though.

I have the front page in place and looking nice...It gets proofed and I have to shift things around. If the front page is last to go through...and it usually is, because it's the page I want crystal clear...if changes need to be made at the last minute, I'm exhausted and I screw something up when I'm trying to accommodate editorial changes initiated by the other editor. This week. Page One needs to be the only thing left for Tuesday.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard