Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
OP Offline
R
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My kids are with W today so I am spending the day with my mom. It's a really hard day.

I have a question that’s come up on this forum quite a bit. I am expecting to receive the divorce papers any day now. I don’t have much money so I doubt I will be getting a lawyer. She's printing the papers on her own so I don't think she's received much council. We don’t have many assets and everything she’s initially outlined seems fair. Do most papers usually have a “respond by date?”

Is it a good idea for me to stall as long as possible?

G
G
Originally Posted By: roughenough
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! My kids are with W today so I am spending the day with my mom. It's a really hard day.

I have a question that’s come up on this forum quite a bit. I am expecting to receive the divorce papers any day now. I don’t have much money so I doubt I will be getting a lawyer. She's printing the papers on her own so I don't think she's received much council. We don’t have many assets and everything she’s initially outlined seems fair. Do most papers usually have a “respond by date?”

I am with you Rough. My kids are with W today at her co-worker's (female - not A) house. She told me that they are family now. In GA, you have 31 days to respond after being served. I don't know about other states. I took the whole 31 days, and she hasn't responded legally since then. Who knows why, as she isn't even speaking to me. I pray that your sitch turns out differently. Hang in there. You can get through this.

BD: 8/20/2012
W Files: 8/23/2012
S: 8/25/2012 (I moved out)
D Final: 3/5/2013
D
D

I would expect that there is a deadline to respond. However, if they are not 'served' on you by a process server, it is very unlikely that it is valid service. If she just hands them to you, leaves them for you, or mails them to you, you can hold onto them for as long as you like.

It depends Rough. Stalling helped for me. It p!ssed W off at the time, but it delayed the D or legal S long enough for me to get her to begin to reconsider.

My advice is always to stall as long as you can. You cooperate, but you don't help. That's my opinion on it. Others differ.

Happy Thanksgiving. I know how hard this day can be under these circumstances. You are not alone. I wish that there were more that I could say to make you feel better.

Denver

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks Denver! Very helpful. I appreciate your kind words and everyone else that's posted on my thread.

R
OP Offline
R
Thought I would stop by and say hi to everyone! I am living my life and trying to do the best I can. I still havent been served my divorce papers yet but I am just rolling with things. I hope all of you are doing ok. Take care all!

R
OP Offline
R
Hi All,

I hope all you good people are doing well. I will ALWAYS be thankful for the great help I received from this site. I cant say it's been a cake walk but I am hanging in there. We are 10 months into our seperation and I have a copy of the divorce papers that my W gave me a couple months ago. I will probably sign them shortly. Anyone know the status of the freshman class? I am curious about their status.

L
L
Hey rough, glad you are OK.

I think most of those freshman class folks sort of filtered away.

I hope things go as smoothly as possible.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
A
A
I don't know who's in the freshman class, but I'm glad you're checking in. Sorry about the D papers.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
A
A
Hey Rough! Good to see you back. I recently popped back onto the boards myself after a semi-lengthy hiatus. Needed to get my head on straight ya know?

I'm glad to hear you're hanging in there, and I'm sorry to hear about the papers. I'm expecting my own set of papers any day now, and although I'd like to think that I'm ready and will be okay, only time will tell.

No matter what happens here, our time on these boards has certainly been extremely well-spent. As there has been almost no progress in my "sitch" lately, I haven't posted often, but I definitely read up on threads now and again, and plan to start the "pay-it-forward" process very soon.

Just remember, we've always got more to learn, more ways to grow, and nothing can stop us from finding the happiness we deserve but ourselves!

Haven't heard much from the rest of the freshman class lately, but I think about all of you often. Stay tuned, I'm sure the others will pop up soon, and I'll be back more often as soon as time allows!

A
A
Hey guys! I've also been wondering about the Freshmen! Looks like most of us have now graduated to the rest of our lives. Sorry to hear about the papers Rough! AT, your post here is nearly 2 years old so who knows what's up with you now. I hope it's all good! I'm just getting updates on you guys, hoping you're all fine. As for me, well, I haven't been around for a long time, GALing like crazy to the point where I have a great life in every other respect. My W is still on her own journey (could be MLC if we must put a label on it) and at this point, I'm not sure where it's going but I'm trying not to focus on that too much. I started a new thread a month ago as an update. Have a look if you want: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...416#Post2498416
My thoughts are with you all. Wishing you a good life!

Freshman Class of 2012

M-49
W-42
1D-10
T 10 YEARS
M 9 YEARS
EA/MLC 07/2010
Separation 28/05/2012
PA confirmed 31/07/12
W Asked for D 31/07/12
D on and off the table since then
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4