Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
B
B
Wii - I'm speaking from personal experience here, I think you need to scale it back just a bit and rein in your enthusiasm and expectations. I made this mistake back when I was doing the online dating thing with Barbara. I got way too excited about her and in the end I firmly believed I scared her off with my enthusiasm.

I think it's a good idea to not contact her anymore until you hear from her or see her tonight. Wishing you the best tonight!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Will do! I honestly don't email that much and her responses are always chatty and enthusiastic. But I'll leave it and see what happens tonight.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Oops. No message from Leng today but when I got home I saw she was online so I decided to message her and make sure we were still meeting. I didn't want to drive all the way to the restaurant and stand there waiting for someone who wasn't coming. She didn't reply. So half an hour later I messaged again and said "I will assume your lack of response means no. All the best to you. A few minutes later my cell rings and it's her "Whatis I don't understand what you just messaged me? I answered you right after you emailed me and again after your last message." There's no message on the site or on my phone. She was messaging from work and my daughter says that some areas just don't carry the reception well. So we agreed to meet at 7 pm and I gave her instructions on how to get there. She was somewhat perplexed lol. Weird. So we shall see.

W
OP Offline
W
OMG, she drives a freakin' Lexus!

S
S
Congrats on the good date. I had been thinking the same as BA. There is something to be said for "Mystique"

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Lol. Well, I told her last night that although I enjoyed our time together it just wasn't there for me...and honestly, I don't think it was there for her either. She's an amazing lady with a warm and wonderful heart (which i told her) but I don't see the fit. She talks a lot...and I mean a lot lol. She's not a great listener although she does ask questions. She's a Type A personality which means go go go all the time...and she's way too Chinese for me! I told her that I know there's someone wonderful out there for her 'cuz she deserves it...and she does. Nice lady it just wasn't there for me and that's OK. There goes the Lexus lol!

K
K
Do you think maybe she was nervous so she talked more? I guess with quite a few positives, you would give it more of a chance? Just me, though I do know this one guy I met was dressed in sweats and I was nicely dressed. Not really on the same page. I guess he didn't believe in first impressions.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Nope! She hates reading (can't sit still)...falls asleep at Bible study, sees my well loved bench photo as "just a bench" lol She's very tied into a Cantonese speaking church...been there, done that. As I said, a lovely lady but when you have to compete for air time...(and no, I think that's who she is not nervousness) I don't see that working. I'm glad I met her, enjoyed the evening but don't see a fit there.

S
S
Wow! Most guys would love a woman like that! But to each his own. Perhaps the ideal woman dies not exist.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
True, she has a Lexus lol!

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard