Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
U
UpperCu Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Another option, attorney can write a letter to W to shake her tree a bit. If I get that in her hands prior to my departure that may serve as my "insurance policy" against her inviting OM over or clearing out the home. It will probably cost another $250. Insurance isn't free I guess.

UpperCut
Me: 28 W: 25
Married: 4 yrs Together: 7 yrs
Dday: 9/14 (W ends affair & comes home)
S: 12/14 (W restarted affair 1/15; moved near OM 2/15)
No kids
S
S
Originally Posted By: UpperCu
I will be leaving town to visit my family and he seemed to suspect that since I was going to be gone that W was planning an escapade with OM... He is probably right on that.

I would be angry, but she is choosing to go down this self destructive path and I feel like that really is not my problem anymore. What is my problem is that I don't want her and OM hooking up in my house, or W clearing out all our possessions in my absence.

Only plan I can think of is to STAY in town to guard against the wayward one. I am willing to rearrange my holiday plans, which I can do at no cost, and some friends have invited me over for Thanksgiving already. I'm open to suggestions.

I'd hate to see you change your plans, just to respond to her. But then again I'm a BIG "affairus interruptus" guy, too, and while you can't STOP them from continuing their affair, there's certainly nothing that says you can't occasionally make it DIFFICULT for them! smirk

If it were me . . .

I would first announce to her that you've changed your plans and you'll be staying home. If she asks you why, be mysterious and just say something like "Things changed; this works better for me now" or something similar.

Then, I WOULD leave, as originally planned. Give her very little notice for this -- one day tops or even same-day (you have no kids involved, so you can do this). Again, when asked, say "something came up," and no details.

Then, I would -- daily -- come up with some plausible reason why you might be coming home suddenly. (something at work? feigned distress with your own family, and you may just wanna head home after all? other??)

The idea is that you don't have to actually BE home to interrupt her hook-up. You only have to have the CREDIBLE THREAT of suddenly being home. cool

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
Another option, attorney can write a letter to W to shake her tree a bit. If I get that in her hands prior to my departure that may serve as my "insurance policy" against her inviting OM over or clearing out the home. It will probably cost another $250. Insurance isn't free I guess.

Meh. I'd rather spend the $250 on wine and good cigars. smirk

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
Z
zew Offline
Z
Arturo Fuente classic Hemmingway #1. (maduro if you can find 'em) or a Partagas 6-8-6.

U
UpperCu Offline OP
OP Offline
U
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
I will be leaving town to visit my family and he seemed to suspect that since I was going to be gone that W was planning an escapade with OM... He is probably right on that.

I would be angry, but she is choosing to go down this self destructive path and I feel like that really is not my problem anymore. What is my problem is that I don't want her and OM hooking up in my house, or W clearing out all our possessions in my absence.

Only plan I can think of is to STAY in town to guard against the wayward one. I am willing to rearrange my holiday plans, which I can do at no cost, and some friends have invited me over for Thanksgiving already. I'm open to suggestions.

I'd hate to see you change your plans, just to respond to her. But then again I'm a BIG "affairus interruptus" guy, too, and while you can't STOP them from continuing their affair, there's certainly nothing that says you can't occasionally make it DIFFICULT for them! smirk

If it were me . . .

I would first announce to her that you've changed your plans and you'll be staying home. If she asks you why, be mysterious and just say something like "Things changed; this works better for me now" or something similar.

Then, I WOULD leave, as originally planned. Give her very little notice for this -- one day tops or even same-day (you have no kids involved, so you can do this). Again, when asked, say "something came up," and no details.

Then, I would -- daily -- come up with some plausible reason why you might be coming home suddenly. (something at work? feigned distress with your own family, and you may just wanna head home after all? other??)

The idea is that you don't have to actually BE home to interrupt her hook-up. You only have to have the CREDIBLE THREAT of suddenly being home. cool

Starsky

Yes!! I love a good bluff!

Wheels are turning...I could also tell her I'm staying and give her zero warning I am leaving. Let her think I'm just mysteriously busy, when I'm really out of state.

UpperCut
Me: 28 W: 25
Married: 4 yrs Together: 7 yrs
Dday: 9/14 (W ends affair & comes home)
S: 12/14 (W restarted affair 1/15; moved near OM 2/15)
No kids
S
S
Originally Posted By: zew
Arturo Fuente classic Hemmingway #1. (maduro if you can find 'em) or a Partagas 6-8-6.

Ahhhh, nice. For me, a Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estates, or a Rocky Patel Old World Reserve. cool

S
S
I could also tell her I'm staying and give her zero warning I am leaving.

That would work too!

I had some great "affairus interruptus" instances in my own sitch. Like the time I called her on her cellphone when my GPS tracker had her parked in front of OM's house, and said to her only "I hope it's worth it. I know where you are; have fun."

That sure must've deflated his -- oh, nvm!!! smirk

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard