Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
kml #2507534 11/15/14 08:23 AM
B
B
Hahaha, ZP… Googled it, just for fun. Here are some of the choices: Zero Punctuation, Zero Point, Zombie Panic…

I’m going with Zero Point.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
G
G
Well the child pulled a fast one on me.

Now he been nice via text and apologised to me, perhaps the db has worked on him. But and the 16yo but! And there's always a but, is he's now wafted off to town with 4x mates.

Which is great, quite and I will sleep well. grin so I loved the zp. Gunna remember that!

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Bright, zero point seems quite fitting. However, zombie panic has a nice ring.....

OK, uR... what's the deal with the cell phone fashion?

Gotta say... since I am feeling so much more myself these days... I am going to have to control my smart-@ss self. I have a major case of smart-@ss-itis. It is genetic, as many in my family suffer this chronic illness.

While dbing, I was able to keep it's symptomatic attacks from flaring up. But, I do crack myself up. Another side-effect. And seeing that I am in much better spirits these days, I love a good crack-up. It is slowly coming out of dormancy. I will try to control it's outbreaks, but I will have to see how it responds/effects to the new me.

Again.... about that fashion... anything bedazzled and/or preventative from screen smashing? Another chronic problem in my house.

U
U
When my xh was living with me after bomb day, his clutched his phone like his life depended on it.

As his ow lived 5 hours away, it was very important to him. One day, I decided to make an outfit for it. On a rare occasion, xh went into the bathroom and left his phone. When he came out, I had set the table for dinner. On a place setting, was his phone, dressed in an outfit I had made for it.

He said, "What's this all about?" I said, "Since the phone is always around, I have invited it to dinner. I thought I'd dress it up for the occasion."

Yea..I get you, Mighty. smile

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
That. Is. Awesome.

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
s17 is driving me crazy. The anger in him is out of control. He is being so incredibly immature. He throws temper tantrums when he does not get what he wants. He becomes totally disrespectful.

The thing is, we get along very well, but when he does not get his way, he is so terrible. I have remained calm and been firm; he just continues to dig himself deeper.

What makes me crazy is that he was such a good, level-headed kid. I totally trusted him- big time! Now, as it is getting closer for him to be out on his own, he has total fallen apart.

I have to remind myself to be firm, loving, and consistent. I am not going to give in. I need to set clear expectations. Period.

M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I also realized that I have been walking on egg shells for months around him. YUCK! He has been a ticking time-bomb. I think I have been really afraid to lay down the law because of this. Now, it has become much worse. I know I screwed up. I was a mess and so lost myself. I wish I had been stronger. I hope it is not too late to fix this.

K
kml Offline
K
Depression in men can often manifest as anger.

Also, he may spew anger at you since you are the"safe" parent he can express himself around.

Is he in counseling? Will he go? Are drugs involved?

kml #2507791 11/16/14 06:58 PM
B
B
It is very very rarely too late to heal and grow.

KML is right he needs help and guidance dealing with his feelings. You have found guidance with these boards to deal with your hurt and anger, where does he find guidance?

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

L
L
In my experience with D20...who sounds a lot like your son...

She was this all-around superstar kid, in her junior year of high school, Varsity soccer player her freshman year, on all sorts of committees, etc...

I think the angrier the kid, the more necessary it is to provide some really firm, firm, firm, firm, FIRM structure.

I see it now in hindsight.

She didn't need my sympathy or empathy as much as she needed a really strong parent to make up for the one she lost. It was like she was flailing in the wind when her dad took a nosedive off the diving board of sanity. He was the firm one with her.

She was so lost when he disappeared.

We had this horrible argument a few weeks ago. Now, bear in mind, she is my rebel. She fights and pushes and takes advantage every chance she gets. Walking on eggshells can be the norm around here, if I allow it.

We had this terrible argument and she kicked my new car. I reacted and, literally, backhanded her across the face with my fist. Essentially, I punched her in the face.

I was horrified with what I had done. HORRIFIED. I still am.

At the same time, she has changed her tune and treated me with respect since. She has also stepped up to some financial responsibility.

I'm not saying punch your son in the face...but, after interviewing a dog trainer the other week...I was reminded how firm boundaries are really good for some dogs--especially the smarter one. They are reassured and grow more confident when they understand the boundaries they aren't allowed to cross.

I think my daughter has needed me to be strong and it's taken a long time for me to grow into the mom she really thirsts for.

Sometimes, especially when dealing with the walking suicide of a spouse in MLC, we need to do the opposite of what our instincts tell us, in order to overcome the situation and set our kids up for success.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard