OP Offline
M
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own
And you know what you know.
And you are the one who'll decide where to go.

-Dr. Seuss

I must have really been digging deep; that thread went quickly!

I have to admit, with each new thread recently, I have thought, will this be the one when things really change? I guess I'm realizing that I have been waiting in anticipation to see the outcome of others' lives to determine the impact it would have on my life.

That's dumb. That is not progress. That is not helping me or my kids. How will that outcome help me live a happy and healthy life. I know it will impact my kids, but to the extent can be influenced by me. If I weigh heavily on the outcome, it will be more of an impact on them. They will need to work through this, and I will be there to help them, but I want to be someone who is centered, grounded, and able to give them the best possible support they need and deserve.

I am releasing it. Giving it to God. It's off to the universe. It is not my burden to bear. I have to free myself from my husband's choices. I have to release her from my thoughts. This is the life they chose. I have the freedom to live the life I choose now.

When I found out about their r, there was a realization I had. This is why I never got involved in their r or confronted her.

Well, two reasons.

One- I couldn't bear the thought of him sticking up for or protecting her. Not me. Her- from me!

Two- I fought for my husband. I wasn't going to fight over him.

He made a choice. The fact that there was a choice to make- well that was enough for me to think about the fact that I deserve better than a h who put himself in a position to HAVE to make a choice. And the fact that he chose someone over me, his wife, well.... good bye.

I am releasing this. Whatever happens, happens. I will deal with it. But I will no longer live my life as a result of their life. I will no longer hold my breath to see what their life will turn out like. F them. I ain't sweatin' them.... ANYMORE!

Lord, give me the strength to rise above and be the best me I can be. Give me the wisdom to be the best mother I can for my children. Give me the courage to keep my mouth shut when necessary. To walk away with my head high. Lord, give me the strength to release what is not mine. Show me the way to happiness and peace.

S
S
DAAAYYYUMMMM.

Mighty, you go on with your bada$$ self. THATTA GIRL!!!

You sound so great. Keep on going, Mighty!!!

.....and don't worry if there are rough days ahead. Normal. They'll get less and less. You're on fire. You're the treasure. You're so above that nonsense.

You just wait, Might.... Your life is going to freakin' rock. It just is.

B
B
Mighty, just catching up on your posts. Finished reading the precious one, and oh boy… I hope you will still get your support payments. Last year I was on the brink of losing my house, when I was out of work for a year. It all worked out for me. I hope it will work out for you too. I’m sending my positive thoughts to the universe for you.

I would not want to be in your xh shoes right now. What a twist of “luck”, LOL. The house of card is starting to crumble… My prognosis is that xh will enter into a secondary MLC and hww will start looking for a new sugar daddy...

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
S
S
Ooooohhh.....BF.... Wouldn't that be rich.....!!!

Of course, as long as Ms Mighty and kids are taken care of....wow, tho.

Can you imagine?? House of cards burn in' down. Possibly before hwwb comes.

Mighty, you'll be ok no matter what. If it happens, you'll still be ok.

Bright, great insight to a possibility ya just can't even make this stuff up!

S
S
Mighty,

You are an inspiration. Truly. I am in awe of your wisdom and strength. I want to be you when I grow up... except, you know, still me.

Wow. I am humbled to be in your virtual presence.

You're bringin' it big time, woman!

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
Ss06 #2507081 11/13/14 08:00 PM
U
U
Mighty, now that right up there ^^^^^ is freakin amazing.

Good on you. I like...a lot.

What I learned was that it didnt matter if I liked it or not. It didnt matter if I was angry or upset, because it still was going to be what it was going to be.

So, those feelings, after they propelled me forward, started weighing me down.

That's how you get stuck.

When you release them, man, you feel lighter, right?

Now you get to decide what you want your life to look like. Yay you. smile

M
M
Ditto to above ^^^^^^^^^

We do have a choice to decide what we want our life to look like. It's that realization that releases us to do so.

I wish you the very best -- stay strong smile

Me 48 H 46 S 11
M 2004
BD 8/13
H moved out 2/15
-live in the present, enjoy the beauty around and within you, explore your new future-
M
Mighty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Awwww... shucks, guys. Thanks. I really don't see it as being amazing or anything. I just feel like I have to get over it if I want to have any kind of life.

Bright and Shining, I was thinking, and laughing in one of Shining's maniacal laughs... wouldn't it be ____________(fill in the blank with any word of choice) if xh lost his job and hww had to pay child support to me. I mean, I know that's really not a thing... but... oh... so... sweet.... I can have sweet moments of dreaming how beautifully that would go down. I would hold my spew shield firmly, and giggle till I pass out behind it.

Kid problems tonight. Ugh. No fun. I guess we had too many *good* days. Teens can be tough. Especially when they are angry, betrayed, abandoned, confused, you know, all that stuff we feel- but in teenager mode. The ones who think they've got it all figured out.

Oh well. I can sense a tough weekend ahead. D13, not such a big deal. I checked her tonight, and she straightened up pretty quickly. It took two times for her to realize... but that's all it needed. S17 is really going to push it this weekend. I just know it. He was so disrespectful tonight. I told him he needed to come home tomorrow after school- alone. He told me he's not bc he has plans. I knew it was going to be a full-out battle if we kept going about ANYTHING. I just stated what I needed and didn't engage in his nonsense. He has this entitlement mentality and this I can do whatever I want attitude. Like, badly. He is so much like someone else I know when I comes to that. He is a great kids. Very genuine and I love him to death. But when that switch flips, I don't like what I see.

His phone got smashed at school today by some kid messing around (I know... another smashed iphone. That's 5 replaced screens since August. $140 a pop.) Since s17 informed me tonight that he doesn't need a job and he's not getting one because he doesn't want to, well.... that phone is going to stay smashed. (It may not be the only thing...)

So, I'm just venting here. It's what I do. I am standing firm, and calm. I have no energy for engaging. I will make my stance and back off. I know it will not be easy. He puts up a good fight. We will see.

Take care, all. Have a great night! Peace

S
S
Quote:
Awwww... shucks, guys. Thanks. I really don't see it as being amazing or anything.

Hey, Mighty.....

Try telling a fish he's in water.

Just sayen. grin

((((((Hugs))))))

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard