Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
S
S
Originally Posted By: MCS
Starsky,

Do you have the name of your sitch, I'm trying to find it and would like to read thought it. Thanks

Hi MCS,

I first came here in April of 2004 and went by the username of Chocolateeyes. My old posts can be found here:

Choc's posts

Then (long story about the username changes that doesn't matter now) I became Puppy Dog Tails. Those posts are here:

Puppy's posts

There's a LOT there, so if you want to skip to the most pertinent parts, my wife's affair was May - Aug 2007.

I don't want to hijack Jefe's thread, so I'll try to stop by yours in case you have any questions I can answer.

Choc/Puppy/Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
S
Originally Posted By: Jefe
. . . she made a comment about missing and being away from the girls and then said, "well, somebody's got to pay the bills" .....

What was that supposed to mean? Are you not working or something? confused

Starsky

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
And what should an addict do after such a self centered episode? Call his sponsor. News flash, I'm trying to direct the show. I'm trying to control everything. Not good. Back to my resentment list.

Detach. And let God.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
Regard one another as more important than yourselves.
- Philippians 2:3
G
G
Jefe,

In the future, if something like that flies out of your mouth because you're half-asleep/tired/caught off guard... simply say something like:
"Sorry. That didn't come out right/not really how I feel/not what I meant to say"

Don't bend over backwards apologizing for saying something less than perfect in response to her poke. It puts you in the one-down position again.

Why are YOU spending all this energy apologizing to HER?

Say "sorry" once. Then change the subject.

Don't worry, you'll get better at not taking the bait.
And your W sounds like one who is going to keep dangling the bait in front of you, hoping you'll take it.

By "Bait', I mean pushing your buttons to get you to say or do something that will either:
1. Make you look like the bad guy she is perfectly justified in leaving (as this scenario proves)
2. Make sure you're still dangling at the end of the line in case she decides to change her mind.

You played right into scenario #1 here. She was the one who made the snarky (?) comment first.

If you are not working and she might have a point, just try and validate.
"I know it's hard to have that responsibility." End of discussion.

By the way, is she "missing the girls" because she's busy working and supporting the family, or because she is busy enjoying other "activities"?

I see this as a dig at you, either way.
Don't respond at all if you can't keep it cool. Eventually she should stop if she doesn't get a reaction from you.

PS: I am a guitar player too! There are a few musicians on here! smile

---(G)GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

S
S
Originally Posted By: GoatGal
Jefe,

In the future, if something like that flies out of your mouth because you're half-asleep/tired/caught off guard... simply say something like:
"Sorry. That didn't come out right/not really how I feel/not what I meant to say"

Don't bend over backwards apologizing for saying something less than perfect in response to her poke. It puts you in the one-down position again.

Why are YOU spending all this energy apologizing to HER?

Say "sorry" once. Then change the subject.

Don't worry, you'll get better at not taking the bait.
And your W sounds like one who is going to keep dangling the bait in front of you, hoping you'll take it.

By "Bait', I mean pushing your buttons to get you to say or do something that will either:
1. Make you look like the bad guy she is perfectly justified in leaving (as this scenario proves)
2. Make sure you're still dangling at the end of the line in case she decides to change her mind.

You played right into scenario #1 here. She was the one who made the snarky (?) comment first.

If you are not working and she might have a point, just try and validate.
"I know it's hard to have that responsibility." End of discussion.

---(G)GGG

BINGO.

J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Her comment was a tongue in cheek comment because she has been working 12 hour days 6 days a week. But yes, I get the overall jist of what your saying. She was not jabbing at me at all. I just responded poorly, in this particular instance.

Next time I will apologize the one time and drop it.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
F
F

There are some natural remedies to help you with the stress, anxiety, and sleep. Check out the health food store. I use a homeopathic one called ignatia. Google it.

Me:40
W:39
M:Dec 95
Split: Jul 14
W Filed: 9/16/14
Several Children
(including adopted)
S
S
Originally Posted By: Jefe
Her comment was a tongue in cheek comment because she has been working 12 hour days 6 days a week. But yes, I get the overall jist of what your saying. She was not jabbing at me at all.

I'm not so sure, although you heard the tone, I didn't.

J
Jefe Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I heard the tone, this was a very pleasant conversation. One of the better ones in the last few days. One of her big stresses lately is money, so that is her primary focus on some levels. She certainly did not mean anything by it. I am suffering, one again, form not being detached and wearing my emotions on my sleeve. What I was thinking in my head as I made the comment was, 'if you were here at home with the damn kids you wouldn't miss them so much, now would you?'
While maybe an accurate statement, was not one that needed to be conveyed ta that particular moment and in that fashion.

Besides, I have no control over her, just me. I said something insesnitive, I need to stop that.

Me 47 - W 35
M 9 - T 10
2 Daughters - 7 & 9
Discovery of EA- 8/4/14
S - 8/5/15
D mentioned - 9/11/14
R & Piecing - 3/17/15
C
C
Jefe ... I am reading "Hold on to your N.U.T.S." ... you might want to take a look .. short book and has some really good tools you might benefit from.

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard