Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Sorry for what you're going through, Nero.

I am in the same boat with my mother, although she is still alive.

I am her executor and have been her primary care-giver for the last eight years. My brother has not seen her in TEN years, and my sister does the bare minimum when I twist her arm.

No doubt my brother will make the trip when the will is read...hahaha. Would be funny if it weren't true.

My mother insists on splitting everything equally between the three of us, even though H and I have spent thousands over the years for her care and for my ongoing visits.

Whatever. It's her money, she can do as she pleases.

As for your H. Well, maybe he'll wake up and smell that coffee you're making!
But I wouldn't count on it.

I am really starting to think that the majority of us might be better off than to stick around for however long for these people who are treating us like "pooh".
(And not like Winnie the Pooh, either!)

I don't recall the dates of your BD and all. Seems a lot of people have removed their signatures from their posts. I wish they'd leave them in because I have a hard time keeping everyone straight!

But I'm not hanging in forever. I am holding out hope that things might turn around before the last shovelful of dirt falls on the casket of my M.

I don't want to pack, move... and then have to move back again. So I'm waiting until the bitter end. Once I'm gone, I'm gone. Too much work to do otherwise and life is short.

Better to keep it sweet.

---Your Pal,

The Goat Gal

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
5/13 ILYBINILWY: A denied
9/13 Proof OW: ENDED
2/14 Got D papers on my BD
I kicked him out for my sanity
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We are definitely Square Dancing at the GGG Ranch today, y'all!!!

We've got us a kick-a** fiddle player, Washboard Joe is busy keeping rhythm, and Gramps has got his spoons a-flyin' like nobody's business. And Old Alberta is a-blowin' that jug just like she did when she was working the dance halls... It sounds GOOD!

The caller seems to be pretty good too, instructions are pretty clear, and it seems H and I are dancing fairly well together so far.

It's tentative, but hey--we're new at this.

(Chew tobacco, chew tobacco, chew tobacco--SPIT!)

I am not imagining this, y'all.

H is definitely warming up towards me and his attitude is vastly improved.

Heres' my proof:

He checked in today via text, let me know when he left work, and that he got stuck in traffic and would be late.

I missed seeing him while he was here, but he CALLED as he was leaving (still good with the calling) and we had another nice convo about the day's events, and he was laughing and making jokes.
It was very relaxed, very normal, like it would have been years ago.

(The fact that he wants to talk to me and not just send a text saying 'All done" is a huge improvement.)

He even asked a few times how I was feeling (had a bad cold) and gave me advice for getting over it faster, per his experience and the people at work who had a similar bug.

He expressed concern for our two dogs who were at the vet today, and for a third who had a seizure and is starting to have more issues. (They're all seniors.)

We talked about the chickens and the mystery guest who keeps tunneling into their enclosure. Jokes about that, too.

Then he clearly gave me his schedule for the rest of the week, APOLOGIZING for the times he has events at work!
Said he'd be happy to stay here this weekend so I can go to a big dance in the city.

He even volunteered that on Sunday he has GRADUATION (yes, he actually mentioned it) and we laughed about the particulars of that event.

So the sting is gone from that word, "GRADUATION", forever connected to the unfortunate events of last year when I faced down his recently X-OW Ho-worker while noticing he'd chosen THAT day to remove his wedding band, which he'd promised to wear.
As we drove home that day, I almost kicked a hole in his glove box, I was so hurt and furious.

(Normally, he'd avoid mentioning anything that brought up unpleasant emotions, which had me wondering how the guy was ever really going to divorce me after all. I mean, it might upset me and I might get mad at him!)

Anyway...Notice a pattern there with the kicking?
It's part of what makes me so good at dancing the Charleston! Maybe I can transition into Square Dancing with that too, ya think?

Anyhow--He was very transparent about his plans and seemed comfortable with giving me the info. (Which I NEVER ask for, btw.)

I told him my plans for the weekend, who and what and where, and it was all nice and warm and fuzzy.

Now here's the cool part:

I SWEAR at the very end, either he or I ALMOST said:
"I love you" as we did in the old days.

I was hanging in the air. I could feel it. Like he WANTED to say it.

I swear, I am NOT making this up!

So we are dancing around our little square and we'll see where we end up when the music stops.
I have a feeling it's gonna be a looooooooong session; hope the band can hold up that long.

Hey---Maybe they can use a few shots of that "White Lightning" they make up in "them thar hills"!
This used to be a big moonshining area back in the day, with "Regulators" and cockfighting, people going blind from the bad stuff, and the whole deal.

I'm sure there's a gotta be a still or two hidden up on my mountain somewhere, so I'm gonna saddle up the donkey and bring a good gas lantern.

I'll check back with y'all later on tonight. Don't y'all go no-whar, y'hear?

---(G)GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

W
W
Howdy Pardner!

Ready for some real bull riding!!?? Wait. You've already been around that rodeo with your kicking skills. Ah...never mind.

G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
You show me a bull, and I'll show you a male animal who has not really been ridden before he met me.

Yep.

You heard that right, Darlin'.

smile

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

W
W
Ohhhhh....oooohhh...talk about double entendre!! And you're not too shy about this at all, sweetie. grin

G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Yeah...

My old saddle may be dusty, and my riding skills might be rusty, but that old saddle is still trusty.

I can work a double-entendre just as well as I can work the broncos in the round pen. A pair of spurs, a good lariat, and a cowboy hat that fits (I have a pinhead). That's all I need.

Although to keep in character, I should have said:

"You show me a bull and I'll show y'all a male animal who ain't been rode right yet, leastaways not till he made MY acquaintance!"

Sort of a' la Mae West.

"I used to be Snow White... then I drifted."

smile

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

M
M
Wowsers. smile

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
....What?

I'm talking about BULL RIDING.

Come on folks, get your collective minds out of the gutter.

Sheesh.

BTW---Bull Riding is real big up this way, as is Bronc Riding.
Every year at the Farm Show it's the biggest event and every year somebody gets seriously hurt.

I'm thinking of putting that on my Bucket List.
After all, what's a little more pain, right? At this point, I'd hardly notice.

---(G)GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

G
GoatGal Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I think I done skeered y'all off.

Shoot. (Spits a wad of chaw into the spittoon.)

I always thought of the fabulous Miss Mae West as an incredible role model for a 1930's-inspired example of feminine pulchritude.

There are so many great quotes attributed to her, like:

"Sex is like bridge. If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand."

She was a voluptuous, platinum blonde bombshell who was able to convey a powerful sense of her own sexuality in the 1930s, and have it glorified on film, in public. How incredible is that?

I should have hit my prime in the '30s. It is my decade for music, fashion, the role that emerged for women.... And Mae West.
She helped pave the way.

Heck yeah, she's a role model.
Unabashedly bawdy, yet sweet and vulnerable, she was a woman after my own heart.

So, as the indomitable Mae might say:

"Goodnight all you DBusters. I've got to see a man about a horse."

----(G)GGG

Me 54 Him 63
M 23 T 29
0 Kids
Funny Farm of Rescues
12/12 OW--
9/14 He wants to "talk"?

K
kml Offline
K
I recently saw a museum display of movie gowns, and they had some shoes that Mae West wore. Picture a pair of high heels....but under the ball of the foot, a thick platform shaped like the toe of a second shoe. Only the bottom platform would show under her gown, looking like normal shoes.....but really her foot was above that big platform. Made her look taller.

Last edited by kml; 11/01/14 02:27 AM.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard