Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
D20 apologized.

She said there is a meeting tomorrow at 10 a.m.

We are having a nice evening of pizza, popcorn, trick-or-treaters and Halloween movies.

I will set some firmer boundaries tomorrow. I'm hoping she follows through on the meeting. I told her that I looked up meetings too. My going might influence her behavior.

For tonight, I'm detoxing from this week.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
job Offline
I'm glad she apologized, but she needs to learn to control her temper. This behavior could be an early sign of something that could escalate in her future relationships w/others. I hope that she will follow thru and attend the meetings. She definitely needs to understand why she does the things she does.

Don't eat too much in the way of candy tonight. Enjoy the movies. You've had one heck of a week. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new month and I hope it's smoother than the last one for you.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
K
kml Offline
K
Yeah, relax and enjoy the night.
Perhaps in the future you can involve d20 in the process of paying the monthly bills and setting up the budget, and you can help her learn how to budget her money too. An envelope system would be good for her.

As for her job, maybe she needs to list the pros and cons. Has she told you exactly why she doesn't like the job? Is it just that it's physical and dirty, or is something else going on? (I know my OCD son could never do it, he'd be too freaked out about the germs).

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
We had a nice evening. D12 carved a pumpkin, we ate popcorn, candy and pizza. Then, we all snuggled and watched a Halloween movie.

Today is "Heather Day" in Upstate NY.

I'm taking some much-needed ME time today.

I don't want to get into the habit of putting the needs of everything else and everyone else first. I did what I had to for this first month of work. I feel my job is secure today. I have some areas I need to tweak. But, with bullets flying all over the place, I need to keep my focus on God and my self-care. I'm taking some deep breaths and remembering that only I know what is best for ME. I'm trusting that today.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
D20 went to a meeting. She came home and cooked a great dinner.

I've spent the entire day watching Agatha Christie.

I think the impact of everything that has occurred over the past month settled into my bones today. I felt pretty down. I just went with it.

Today was a day of rest. Tomorrow is a day of action with some more rest built in.

Not sure about heading to Lake Placid tomorrow. I think I'd rather use the day to get ahead for the week.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I identified one reason for being down...it just seems too much for one person to handle. There's not enough of me or enough money to go around to everything needing done.

I'm going to focus on the blessings.

New car, three bedrooms, two and a half baths, cool job, my Heath, the girls are healthy...

S
S
Wow, Heather. Just getting caught up. I'm sorry to read you've had some D20 drama lately. You handled it very well.

I agree with job. There are some serious behavior probs and anger issues that can't go unaddressed.

These transition periods really stink. The stress is too much. I'm glad you're able to see the positives. There really are so many things to be grateful for. We can so easily get caught up in what we think we need, when it's actually very little.

And I'm totally jelly about the Heath..... smile

(((((((Hugs)))))))

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Thank you Shining.

Yup, hit a few snags here in the ol' transition.

D20 has been a big one.

This morning, she asked if she could take the car to Watertown and pick up crafting supplies-to make stuff for her sorority sisters. Well, that's a 30-minute-drive.

So, I did a little math and told her, "I need you to pick up your B. Control and give me $50 for the month of October."

--she just received her first paycheck. It only covered four days of work. This leaves her $30 in her account. I feel this is reasonable.

Miss Thang didn't like that too much. She didn't make a scene or anything. But, she, first, refused to go pick up bacon and cook us a nice brunch for a meal.

She is sitting on the border of pi$$yville and Jerk City.

But, she is heading to Walmart to pick up the ingredients for brunch.

My Gawd, she is so much like her father. Entitled, angry when she doesn't get her way, resentful when forced to deal with unpleasant realities...blaming...

I'm letting it out here as opposed to venting inappropriately.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I'm not sure what to charge D20 monthly...

I had a figure before we moved. But, now that we are here, she has shown to be a great help when it comes to grocery shopping, meal planning and cooking. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done without her this past month.

I need that to continue. I'm willing to adjust her monthly rent to accommodate this help.

Not having to worry about cooking/planning healthy meals for D12 has taken a huge load off my shoulders.

I'm open to suggestions.

By-the-by, I feel better today. I finished my column this morning. Working on tweaking another story. I may just be in the best position yet for this week's paper. I didn't make it to church, but was more concerned about maintaining the writing momentum I had going this week.

Also, I never mentioned that I sent an email to my atty. As opposed to paying for another phone call. I replied to his voicemail by letting him know that I can't come up with a repayment schedule for him, for the remaining $1,500 I owe him until he can give me some idea of when temp support will kick in.

One of the reasons, I made the last minute effort to pay him and file for divorce was because he assured me that filing before I left was my only choice when it came to asking for temp child support AND temp alimony.

I think yesterday's doing NOTHING really helped me.

Had some dreams about Smokey. Two nights in a row. Painful dreams about his abandonment of me, me still waiting for him to return...still holding out hope and feeling sad because he doesn't. I did have a bright spot in last night's dream where my drug-addicted bil made peace with me and invited me to his wedding. (As far as I know, he isn't engaged)...but, it was nice to have this person, who was an enemy to my family for so long-because of his own terrible drug addiction--reach out--even in a dream to make peace. That was nice.

L
LoisB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
D20 is grossing $220 per week.

Also, my paycheck is $769 per week...with taxes, SS and whatever...my check is $600 net. Did I screw up on the taxes and ask for the government to take too much out? Should I adjust this?

Smokey always handled the W2 crud.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard