Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
F
OP Offline
F
Hi all my DB buddies!

I forgot to mention above that W joined me and our dog “B” in the master bed for B’s last night with us. This was the first time W and I shared the MB since BD. It was nice that she was able to do this, and I’m sure it comforted B too.

W’s b-day was yesterday and it went well. We both worked, and like usual I got home first. When she got home we enjoyed coffee together and she told me about her day... The meetings she went to, the chocolate cake her b-day buddy brought for the occasion, and the other gifts she received.

Then I gave her my gifts. My W has remained very frugal through all this, and although she really liked this fancy jacket, she wouldn’t buy it for herself because she said it was too expensive. wink

She was nothing but smiles when she pulled it out of the box. smile

I was not surprised that my little miss frugal was concerned that I didn't use her $20 off discount coupon. I did. cool

I even got the size right. (size is C, for CUTE!) She tried it on and commented about how soft it was, just like B's coat after a grooming. She also commented and joked about being afraid of getting it dirty. (color is ivory)

She thanked me and initiated a real, full front facing hug. whistle

We then went out for dinner and W proudly wore her new jacket. Looked hot in it too. At dinner W mentioned her and I taking one of her company’s all inclusive fancy vacations together now that we no longer have to care for B. Over the last year B required special care, so neither one of us felt right about leaving her with anyone else.

Right before going to bed W came into the MB to thank me for the jacket and the entire night one more time. Gosh I love my girl.

Meanwhile, I’m still thinking…

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
U
U
Sounds lovely, my friend. Glad she was there for your dog's last night and that you got a genuine hug.

You really are a special man.

F
OP Offline
F
Thanks UR. You are very kind and quite special yourself!

I cleaned and fired up our home furnace for the season last night. This was after many mornings and sometimes even afternoons with the home in the upper 50’s. Yeah, W and I are both cheapskates like that. It’s amazing how warm 62 feels now!

Coworkers planned to dress up for Halloween at my work today. I told some folks I was going to come dressed as a girl. I chickened out and took the easy path: Wore my TKD uniform and brought some martial arts weapons to show off with. Fun times. I really need to start doing more with this martial arts thing.

She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
D
D
FY I'm sorry to hear about your dog- I'm glad you and W had each other to lean on.
I continue to be amazed with your patience level! It really is inspirational!

I'm starting to subscribe to the same type of DB- no eggshells, they get tiring.

Me 41 H 40
M 20 T 23
S 19,16, 8 D 13
BD1 dec 2012 not sure going to work
BD2 sep 2013 seeking a D
Filed oct 2013, D Feb 2015
Life is about daring greatly, about being in the arena- Brene Brown
daring #2502787 11/01/14 12:09 AM
FY
Sorry to hear about your dog.
Glad the gift was loved and accepted from your W, good job on getting something she wanted AND using the coupon.
Excited to hear about W talking about vacations together.

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
2BHappy #2503079 11/02/14 06:04 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Thank you daring and 2b for your condolences. B will be missed, but will live on in our memories.

Originally Posted By: daring

I continue to be amazed with your patience level! It really is inspirational!

Cali said I must have truckloads of the stuff in the driveway. What he doesn't know is they dumped a couple loads on top of me!

Originally Posted By: 2BHappy

Excited to hear about W talking about vacations together.

Now were talking about possibly hosting my entire family for Thanksgiving. Just like we did last year. My W is not bailing on the M anytime soon, if ever. I hope I don't!

She's still worth it.

YAY.

Great hosting whole family for Thanksgiving,,good food, good time, great memories!!!

I need some more patience..Im running OUT!!!

Me 43 ring off Oct 2014 (my ring back on Feb 2015)
H 51 (ring off 7/2013)
M 2007 T 1996
S 14
July 2013- H told me he was unhappy.....said he is staying for Son
Feb 18 2014 Found out about OW
2BHappy #2504262 11/05/14 02:48 AM
F
OP Offline
F
Patience you say? This one is for you, Happy. And me, and everyone else here who still believes their MLC spouse is worth standing for.

I heard it on a radio show tonight. The artist, Shirli McAllen of Leftover Cuties, said she wrote it for her husband when they were going though a rough patch. It's called Clarity .

Originally Posted By: Clarity
You lost your smile
And it's nowhere to be found
The light you had is now buried in the ground
I search for it all over town
And I found you beating yourself down

Oh babe, I wish you knew how beautiful you are
I wish you'd see yourself only through my eyes
Then you'll know in time this too shall pass
And clarity will come to you at last

You lost your way
And there are no signs around
To guide you home
To make you safe and sound
I may take one thing, just one thing at a time
Be kind to yourself, it's surely no crime

Oh babe, I wish you knew how beautiful you are
Then you'll know time will yield the start

Until the day comes, I'll be right here by your side
I'll try again and again to make you see
You'll see you've got forever and a day
To be anything, everything you want to be

Oh bae I wish you knew how beautiful you are
Then you'll know time will heal your aching heart

Clarity will come to you at last
Clarity will come to you at last.

She's still worth it.

W
Wet Offline
W
Thank you FY. That was soooo beautiful.

Me-54 yrs; W: 50 yrs
4 kids- D: 22,20,19; S:15
"Trial" Divorce: 04/14 - 6/14
Separated: 06/2013- divorced 08/2016

“The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience.” War and Peace
M
M
I Cried the first time I heard this song. It speaks volumes to all the LBS's here going through so much pain. Everyone here cares about and loves their MLC S or they wouldn't bother to even try. If only our WAS's could truly see just how much we do care about them, how much they are throwing away. They may be going through a "crisis", dealing with past pains but is the cost (paid more by those that love them most) really worth whatever they may gain? If only they could see that more loss, the loss of someone that truly loves them, can never bring anything near "happiness" or "joy"!

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard